How to reduce texture resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to reduce texture resolution

How do i reduce texture resolution so that i can reduce my build size. In unity i can just do that by selecting texture and chaning from 2k to 512 but i dont see any option in unreal. Is there anything similar??

Open up texture and change lod bias setting from 0 to desired setting. It will display the new texture size above and should reduce size permanently when cooking/packaging build.

Comment

Originally posted by Cytokinetik View Post
      Open up texture and change lod bias setting from 0 to desired setting. It will display the new texture size above and should reduce size permanently when cooking/packaging build.
      Can you explain more?

Comment

Each texture has an LOD0, original size. So if your texture is 2048x2048, when you look at the texture asset in Unreal, you ought to see a LOD Bias setting of 0. If you set this to 1, it will reduce the level of detail, guessing it will make it 1024x1024.

What this tells unreal is that the original texture is always going to be 2048x2048, but since you forced a base LOD of 1, it's always going to be loaded and run at 1024x1024 at best.

This lets you use really large textures, say if you didn't make them yourself, but still tell unreal to essentially scale it/them down to your desired size.

Comment

Working...
        X