Please what laptop should I get!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please what laptop should I get!!!

Okay so to get things straight, I do have a super good pc. But the reason I want a laptop is because I would be able to take it to places and unstead of just not working on the game for a week, I would be able to work on it, at least a bit. Anyway what is a good laptop for unreal engine. I’m not rich so if you could find one under $500 that would be great. I know it’s hard but I’m not rich like a lot of people! Thanks -Simonkitty

You're going to struggle to find a laptop for less than $500 that's good with UE4, it needs a dedicated graphics card and usually at that price range you're working with an integrated Intel GPU which isn't great

Comment

Originally posted by Simonkitty View Post
      I do have a super good pc.
      Originally posted by Simonkitty View Post
      I’m not rich so if you could find one under $500 that would be great.
      These 2 don't really fit together!

Comment

1. Laptop brand-wise I own several Asus and don't recommend them... Instead try MSI.
        2. $500 budget,WTF??? Dude, wait till you can afford a decent laptop, or just forget it!

Comment

2nd option (MX150) is too under-powered, but GTX 1060-6GB or $1000 laptop feels about right:

http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-MX15...Force-GTX-670M

Comment

Originally posted by iamjohngalt1975
            That gpu is far too slow for unreal engine. A 1060 is probably the minimum for the editor to be usable.

Comment

I know from experience that a 960m is doable, but I think you should save up until you can get at least a 1060 (3gb is fine). My laptop is running a 7700hq and a 1060 and it runs UE4 very well for the most part (VR can give some troubles from time to time).

Comment

The Best GPU in a $500 Laptop is currently the Nvidia GeForce MX150. It can handle most of the heavy games at 1080p. Check out the review here: https://www.techcenturion.com/nvidia-geforce-mx150. Coming to the processor, the 8th Gen Intel Core-i5 Processors have improved a lot over the previous generations. You get both these specs in the Acer Aspire 5 and Acer Swift 3. If you want to go for a brand like HP, or Dell, you may have to increase your budget to get the similar specs. Happy gaming
                Last edited by kashishk; 06-27-2018, 12:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kashishk View Post
                  The Best GPU in a $500 Laptop is currently the Nvidia GeForce MX150.
                  http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-MX15...Force-GTX-670M

Originally posted by kashishk View Post
                  It can handle most of the heavy games at 1080p.
                  Mines the one on the right above. Definitely UDK territory not enough for UE4!
                  As to which 'heavy games' can run in 1080p. Not many (if any) sorry to say ...

Comment

If this is still relevant, there is a topic about how one team managed to use ue4 with 60+ fps previews with an Intel® Core™ i7-4720 HQ processor and Intel® HD Graphics 4600 GPU. I could also suggest to sell your computer to get a very good laptop but laptops can be damaged or stolen way easier than desktop and that's what I fear will happen to me if I do that((

Comment

Working...
                    X