Projectile Collision Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Projectile Collision Problem

Hello, I'm trying to throw an object, but projectile still no collide with any object and if I put Collision like the picture the object stays in the air. Here are the screenshots:

Originally posted by Toskcat View Post
    Hello, I'm trying to throw an object, but projectile still no collide with any object and if I put Collision like the picture the object stays in the air. Here are the screenshots:
    you have "query" collision, which is used for overlaps... try set it to "collision enabled - query and physics"
    edit: also try to make that component as "root" in BP, drag and drop it to root.
    Last edited by Name368; 01-11-2018, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Name368, thanks for your reply. I have already make the component as root in BP. And also trying "collision" enabled.
      I do not know what could be happening.

Comment

How are you "throwing" the object? Are you spawning it and adding a force? Are you using the Projectile Component? The way I usually simulate projectiles is by having a mesh as root of the BP and adding the Projectile Component with velocity in X. You can specify bounciness and gravity scale for the projectile.

Take a look at Epic's first person template and see how they are shooting their gun - its the best way.
        [WIP] Procedural City Generator | RPG AI
        [MARKETPLACE] Animal Behavior Kit | Space Shooter Template | Procedural Foliage Tool | Procedural Park
        [FREE] Modular Road Tool | Action Platformer Template | Radar BP | Free Birds
        Join our Discord

Comment

Finally Solved it was just: In "Detach From Actor" -> Scale Rule = Keep World.

Comment

Working...
          X