Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My project or even single blueprint wont open in any other engine version????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My project or even single blueprint wont open in any other engine version????

OMGGGG, I really need help, I have been developing my game on a github version o ue4 4.12 for the past year, so i recently decided to upgrade to 4.14 but it wont work, the engine just crashed when trying to open up the project, so i donwloaded 4.13 and same thing, i also tried on 4.12 and same thing, then i tried 4.13 on the launcher and SAME THING, and im not talking about the whole project i mean anything created inside my github version of 4.13 wont work on any other version of the engine, even a brand new blueprint created in github 4.13 will just crash trying to open in any other version, i have a feeling it has something to do with me changing engine version a couple of months ago by changing the objectverion.cpp file to get a map to load so now nothing works on other engine i really need help, someone please I am the creator of dragonball unreal so i really need to be able to continue development, 50$ to the first person to solve my problem

If you changed engine source code, it will think you're on a custom engine version.

BTW you should have attempted to upgrade a copy of the project, not the original.

Comment

You could always start a new 4.14 fresh project, and then just migrate over the assets you want from your project on a case by case basis. (assuming you can still open you project from a SCM backup)
      https://www.casualdistractiongames.com

Comment

Originally posted by OptimisticMonkey View Post
        You could always start a new 4.14 fresh project, and then just migrate over the assets you want from your project on a case by case basis. (assuming you can still open you project from a SCM backup)
        i cant thats the thing, i cant even take a single blueprint from my project and open up in any other version of the engine besides the custom 4.13 i am running now, if i run in any other version it crashes.

Comment

the project still works fine on the custom 4.13 engine just not on any other, i have tried ever version from the moon and back and the only verison that runs is the custom version i have i cant even open a single blueprint in any other version

Comment

Pleaseeeeee will pay 100usd to whom ever has a fix, any file i create in 4.13 custom engine can only work in that engine it cannot work in any other version arhhhhhh but i need my project to run on 4.14

Comment

Does it work in standard 4.12?

Comment

So what happens when you:

1) Launch Stock 4.14, create new project and save it.

2) Launch your project in custom engine.

3) Select a blueprint in your project, right-click, migrate, choose content folder of new project.

4) open blueprint in new project. Are there compile errors? Paste them here
                https://www.casualdistractiongames.com

Comment

Originally posted by HavocX View Post
                  Does it work in standard 4.12?
                  nope :/ but i found if i add 2 lines to the objectversion.h in 4.12 then it would open but not on anyversion higher then 4.14

Comment

Originally posted by OptimisticMonkey View Post
                    So what happens when you:

1) Launch Stock 4.14, create new project and save it.

2) Launch your project in custom engine.

3) Select a blueprint in your project, right-click, migrate, choose content folder of new project.

4) open blueprint in new project. Are there compile errors? Paste them here
                    okay just tried and its weird because in the custom engine when i got to migrate, in the migration menu i cant see some of the blueprints and mesh's ect

Comment

bumpppppppppppppppppppppp

Comment

Working...
                      X