Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deleted folders still appear?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Deleted folders still appear?

    Before 4.14 deleted folders were gone and came back once you opened up the editor again. Now after the update the folders do no disappear at all when attempting to delete.
    Is it happening only to me?

    #2
    Delete those folders from your "[...]\Unreal Engine 4\Unreal Projects" folder because sometimes UE4 keeps them alive...

    Comment


      #3
      They will be deleted as of 4.14. They finally added that "Feature"

      Comment


        #4
        I keep getting this problem in 4.19

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by UbquitousAnomaly View Post
          I keep getting this problem in 4.19
          make sure you rightclick on the folder and fix redirectors, you can the delete the folder nicely.
          CEO of Prydetech

          https://www.artstation.com/ixicalibur

          Originally posted by ixicalibur
          Here you go, this is a link to every tutorial you could ever need plus instructions to access all the collective knowledge of mankind: [Super massive awesome link that every amazing game developer uses to instantly learn to be super awesome at making stuff]

          Comment


            #6
            ^ This. Those folders probably still contain redirectors. Do *not* delete those folders until you have fixed up redirectors within the editor.

            Comment


              #7
              Actually it would be quite helpful if the editor automatically fixes redirectors on folder deletion. Ill do a PR for that

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by TriNityGER View Post
                Actually it would be quite helpful if the editor automatically fixes redirectors on folder deletion. Ill do a PR for that
                that would be super helpful i always assumed it was some technical limitation or performance issue that made it impracticable to auto fix re-directors when deleting or moving folders.
                CEO of Prydetech

                https://www.artstation.com/ixicalibur

                Originally posted by ixicalibur
                Here you go, this is a link to every tutorial you could ever need plus instructions to access all the collective knowledge of mankind: [Super massive awesome link that every amazing game developer uses to instantly learn to be super awesome at making stuff]

                Comment


                  #9
                  Fixing redirectors can sometimes take quite a long time, which is undesireable - so it's better to run them as-and-when the user wants to. A reminder wouldn't go amiss, however.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by ambershee View Post
                    Fixing redirectors can sometimes take quite a long time, which is undesireable - so it's better to run them as-and-when the user wants to. A reminder wouldn't go amiss, however.
                    I'll take that into account

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X