[FREE] ThirdPerson Action Platformer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CryDead View Post
    Nothing complicated just as same as Peter L 's version, I noticed that your blueprint has added many function in it and yet i didn't try to put it all in mine project yet.
    Thanks for your advice i'll try again and see if it's work
    Take care!

Edit* Just fixed the fast falling it's because my game has a slope movement that's why it's fall so fast from a very angle wall
    Good to hear you got it fixed . Yeah I took Peter's tutorial and added a few things to suit my original project. As long as it gets the job done, right? Anyways, let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers!
    [WIP] Procedural City Generator
    [MARKETPLACE] Animal Behavior Kit | Space Shooter Template | Procedural Foliage Tool | Procedural Park
    [FREE] Modular Road Tool | Action Platformer Template | Radar BP | Free Birds
    Join our Discord

Comment

Hey, I played it and the feeling was awesome first, but then I found out... there are no animations. Please help me

Comment

Originally posted by VIRTUAL_LIFETIME View Post
        Hey, I played it and the feeling was awesome first, but then I found out... there are no animations. Please help me
        Hi VIRTUAL_LIFETIME,

The animations were mostly taken from Mixamo.com and Kubold's AnimSet pro. The animations from Mixamo are free (still) I believe. Unfortunately, I cannot include them in the template for legal reasons :/. However, Im learning to make animations myself and I have an update planned where I replace all animations with custom animations that are included.

In the meantime, get the animations from Mixamo and take a look at the animation BP - everything is already setup, so all you need to do is create the Blendspaces and add the clips
        [MARKETPLACE] Animal Behavior Kit | Space Shooter Template | Procedural Foliage Tool | Procedural Park
        Join our Discord

Comment

I have a quick question. What Mixamo animations do I download and where do I place them? Are Mixamo anims the only anims needed?

Comment

Originally posted by kumareal View Post
            I have a quick question. What Mixamo animations do I download and where do I place them? Are Mixamo anims the only anims needed?
            Hi Kumareal,

I used animations from different sources (Mixamo, Kulbold's AnimSet Pro, and others). From Mixamo, search for "Shimmy" for the edge grabbing and "Rope climb" for the vine climbing (there are 2 versions).

To set up the animations, look into "2D blendspaces" for things like the edge bragging (3 animations - going left, idle, going right). Look through the thread where I show I picture of one of my blendspaces!).

This is the first project I shared with the community and its due for an update soon. I am working with someone to try and get custom animations for all movements! If this works out, the next update should include all animations and blendspaces setup - basically allowing everything to work out of the box . I cant promise when this will happen but its coming as soon as I get the animations. Im also hoping to add a few more things like menus and new abilities.

I hope to have more news on the update soon. Stay tuned!
            Join our Discord

Comment

Originally posted by CoquiGames View Post

Hi Kumareal,

I used animations from different sources (Mixamo, Kulbold's AnimSet Pro, and others). From Mixamo, search for "Shimmy" for the edge grabbing and "Rope climb" for the vine climbing (there are 2 versions).

To set up the animations, look into "2D blendspaces" for things like the edge bragging (3 animations - going left, idle, going right). Look through the thread where I show I picture of one of my blendspaces!).

This is the first project I shared with the community and its due for an update soon. I am working with someone to try and get custom animations for all movements! If this works out, the next update should include all animations and blendspaces setup - basically allowing everything to work out of the box . I cant promise when this will happen but its coming as soon as I get the animations. Im also hoping to add a few more things like menus and new abilities.

I hope to have more news on the update soon. Stay tuned!
              Is it possible to give the rope Physics, to be able to swing when climbing it?

Comment

Originally posted by Cmcginn View Post

Is it possible to give the rope Physics, to be able to swing when climbing it?
                Hi Cmcginn,

Unfortunately, the way Im doing the rope climbing doesn't allow for rope physics. If I wanted to do it, I would look into the cable component and have physics enabled - similar to the way Im doing the grapple swinging.

Its a good idea for improvement - might look into it for the next update

Join our Discord

Comment

Dude, you're from India? Mediafire upload location says India. I didn't expect you to be Indian. lol. I am Indian too. lol
                  Never mind. Your youtube voice says you're American. lol
                  Last edited by kumareal; 09-13-2017, 03:31 AM.

Comment

Nice work, it's good to use it as a starting point for you games, I suppose.
                    My Environment Artist Portfolio
                    My Artstation

My Marketplace

Comment

Dude, you're from India? Mediafire upload location says India. I didn't expect you to be Indian. lol. I am Indian too. lol
                      Never mind. Your youtube voice says you're American. lol
                      Thats strange that it shows the upload location as India - but as you already figured out, Im in the US .

Originally posted by Cruddynight View Post
                      Nice work, it's good to use it as a starting point for you games, I suppose.
                      Thank you!

Join our Discord

Comment

I added Mario's Ground Pound attack to the engine.

You may or may not want to implement it.

Edit:
                        Doesn't look as good with Epic skeletion scale. Looks a lot better with mario. lol
                        Looks like Mario floats in the air before doing a pound. Need to find a way to implement it.

Edit:
                        I kinda added the stop for sometime in the air. It has some flaws with the animation.

Also your jump animation seems to be higher than the original character's which is causing some wierdness. I don't know if Epic ones are like that.
                        For example the jump animation doesn't change sometimes when on the floor (a bug?) and the character is a bit in the air instead of being on the floor.
                        Last edited by kumareal; 09-15-2017, 09:12 AM.

Comment

I added Mario's Ground Pound attack to the engine.

You may or may not want to implement it.

Edit:
                          Doesn't look as good with Epic skeletion scale. Looks a lot better with mario. lol
                          Looks like Mario floats in the air before doing a pound. Need to find a way to implement it.

Edit:
                          I kinda added the stop for sometime in the air. It has some flaws with the animation.

Also your jump animation seems to be higher than the original character's which is causing some wierdness. I don't know if Epic ones are like that.
                          For example the jump animation doesn't change sometimes when on the floor (a bug?) and the character is a bit in the air instead of being on the floor.
                          Hey kumareal,

Thanks for the suggestion - Im thinking of features for the upcoming update, so I may add something similar if it makes sense . One suggestion, make sure you tick "Override Z" on Launch Character so Mario stops going up immediate and slams down!

As far as the animations, Im using the standard Epic jumping animation, so not sure whats going on there. If your character is floating while standing, look at the size of the collision capsule for the CharacterBP and adjust the size so the character's feet are on the ground.

Hope this helps!
                          Join our Discord

Comment

Originally posted by CoquiGames View Post

Hey kumareal,

Thanks for the suggestion - Im thinking of features for the upcoming update, so I may add something similar if it makes sense . One suggestion, make sure you tick "Override Z" on Launch Character so Mario stops going up immediate and slams down!

As far as the animations, Im using the standard Epic jumping animation, so not sure whats going on there. If your character is floating while standing, look at the size of the collision capsule for the CharacterBP and adjust the size so the character's feet are on the ground.

Hope this helps!
                            Cool. I instead implemented the second system where the character stops immediately (goes into idle anim) and stays in the air for some time and them does a Ground Pound. I'll keep z override in mind if I decide to use the direct ground pound.

BTW there is a paid Platformer template coming on the marketplace. The seller says it's due for approval.

Comment

Hello actually thanks for your help but there is one question the climbing ladder and crawl animations are present (I think) but are not working can you help me fix it

Comment

https://forums.unrealengine.com/comm...o-ue4-skeleton

These are all free animations to modify and redistribute. Just can't sell the animation themselves, only embedded like mixamo requires.

The guy who converted them said some of them are low quality but some are good. Although I didn't see a rope climb.

Either way these should be good place holders and then just put notes/comments for people to download the appropriate mixamo/marketplace for a higher quality animation if desired.

Comment

Working...
                                X