[FREE] ThirdPerson Action Platformer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ersel View Post
    Great news. i am excited about new updates .And im really thankfull that you will try to make my wishlist too
    Hey [MENTION=356256]Ersel[/MENTION], I decided to include ladders in the upcoming update! Check out the video on my WIP post.

Originally posted by Neodinznak View Post
    i pls want to see some interaction of the foot with the stairs))
    even through the animation mixamo
    p.s. sorry, I bad speak English)
    Using IK would be the next step for all the animations, but sadly Im a noob when it comes to animation and IK, so Im only using the stock Mixamo animations as they are. I will learn it eventually but I dont think I can include it in this coming update.

Originally posted by visualnotte View Post
    Sorry [MENTION=49600]CoquiGames[/MENTION] correct email and skype is: ue4developer@hotmail.com
    Hi [MENTION=38671]visualnotte[/MENTION], I dont use Skype much, but feel free to PM me via the forums
    [WIP] Procedural Park | Procedural City Generator
    [MARKETPLACE] Animal Behavior Kit | Space Shooter Template | Procedural Foliage Tool
    [FREE] Modular Road Tool | Action Platformer Template | Radar BP | Free Birds
    Join our Discord

Comment

looks really great.I like the ladder.Useful stuff. Will you also edit ledge in upcoming update and ceiling ? I like it really. Thank you so much for this.

Video is great btw

Comment

Hi [MENTION=49600]CoquiGames[/MENTION] you can contact me on email ue4developer@hotmail.com I have need speak with you...)))

Comment

looks really great.I like the ladder.Useful stuff. Will you also edit ledge in upcoming update and ceiling ? I like it really. Thank you so much for this.

Video is great btw
          Hi Ersel,

It depends on how long it takes me to finish the current list of features. As far as turning corners I think its already possible - I'll double check and put an example in the map so everyone knows how to do it.

Grabbing the ceiling will take more time and there is another problem - I can't find an animation to go with it. Without an animation I'm less likely to do it because it wont be as usable. Do you know where I could get an animation that would work with it?
          [MARKETPLACE] Animal Behavior Kit | Space Shooter Template | Procedural Foliage Tool
          Join our Discord

Comment

Originally posted by CoquiGames View Post
            Hi Ersel,

It depends on how long it takes me to finish the current list of features. As far as turning corners I think its already possible - I'll double check and put an example in the map so everyone knows how to do it.

Grabbing the ceiling will take more time and there is another problem - I can't find an animation to go with it. Without an animation I'm less likely to do it because it wont be as usable. Do you know where I could get an animation that would work with it?
            Thanks for ur answer.
            In mixamo there is "grab" animation but so go forward i couldnt find. If it takes time for now, leave it for this update. Maybe you can think it for next Update
            For the ledge; i didnt know that turning corners was possible. Thank you

Comment

Thanks for ur answer.
              In mixamo there is "grab" animation but so go forward i couldnt find. If it takes time for now, leave it for this update. Maybe you can think it for next Update
              For the ledge; i didnt know that turning corners was possible. Thank you
              Hi Ersel,

I'm wrapping up this update and I was able to include the Walk but not the ceiling climbing. I may be able to add it to the next update
              Join our Discord

Comment

[MENTION=33199]Yggdrasil[/MENTION], [MENTION=17674]sleepingdragon[/MENTION], [MENTION=584741]Delaplace[/MENTION], [MENTION=14441]bzinventor[/MENTION], [MENTION=57417]frostic[/MENTION], [MENTION=576927]Anderling[/MENTION], [MENTION=488112]ANoob9001[/MENTION], [MENTION=105627]Neodinznak[/MENTION], [MENTION=238293]DP Studio[/MENTION], [MENTION=402261]birllove[/MENTION], [MENTION=276543]CamXil Studios[/MENTION] [MENTION=356256]Ersel[/MENTION]

ThirdPerson Action Platformer version 1.1 has been released!

Check out my OP for a video of the features and the updated download link!
                Last edited by CoquiGames; 01-14-2017, 12:08 PM.
                Join our Discord

Comment

Updates look really perfect.Good Work I will try it next week (now i dont have any time) Thank you

Comment

Update good!
                    Thanks)

Comment

Updates look really perfect.Good Work I will try it next week (now i dont have any time) Thank you
                      Update good!
                      Thanks)
                      Glad you guys liked it!

Feel free to suggest new features for the next update - I'm pretty open right now
                      Join our Discord

Comment

Combat system ?
                        Something can be taken from CouchKnight

Comment

Hi i downloaeded now. But i have a question. How can we chage the speed of ladder climb. Because its too slow and animation replays and going again down(i clicked already root animation) . Can u show with a printscreen from your original blueprint?

Comment

Combat system ?
                            Something can be taken from CouchKnight
                            Hi [MENTION=105627]Neodinznak[/MENTION],

Combat would be a big addition. I havent looked at the couch knight project but will check it out.

Hi i downloaeded now. But i have a question. How can we chage the speed of ladder climb. Because its too slow and animation replays and going again down(i clicked already root animation) . Can u show with a printscreen from your original blueprint?
                            [MENTION=356256]Ersel[/MENTION] you just made me realize that I didn't include a speed parameter for the ladder climb OR the vine climbing :P. Luckily is very easy to add:

Click image for larger version

Name:	LadderSpeed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	1121690

1. Go to the Movement section and look for the "Set distance along spline for ladder" section
                            2. Create a new Float variable and name it "LadderClimbSpeed" with a default value of 1.
                            3. Now take LadderClimbSpeed and multiply it by the Axis value and add the results to the DistanceAlongLadder variable like in the screenshot
                            Basically you are replacing the Axis value with the result of Axis value * LadderClimbSpeed

4. Now change the LadderClimbSpeed value to see a speed change. This is percent increase / decrease, so if you want to go at normal speed, make this 1. If you want to increase by 50%, make the value 1.5. If you want to decrease the speed by 50%, make value 0.5, etc.
                            Join our Discord

Comment

Thanks , it works now really good,But i couldnt change speed of edge and zipline too

Comment

Thanks , it works now really good,But i couldnt change speed of edge and zipline too
                                Hi [MENTION=356256]Ersel[/MENTION],

The zipline already has a speed parameter you can change. Select the zipline actor in the world and take a look at the properties panel:

Name:	ZiplineSpeed.jpg
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	1121850

To change the speed of the edge climb you need to make a similar change to the Character BP:

1. Create a new Float variable called "EdgeMovingSpeed" and put it in the Player Stats section with a default value of 1.

Name:	EdgeSpeed2.jpg
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1121851

2. Go to the Movement section of the blueprint and look for the InputAxis MoveRight (at the bottom). Then look for these graphs:

Name:	EdgeSpeed1.jpg
Size:	195.5 KB
ID:	1121852

Go to each graph and make the following changes:

BEFORE:

Name:	EdgeSpeed3.jpg
Size:	130.7 KB
ID:	1121855

AFTER:

Name:	EdgeSpeed4.jpg
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	1121854

Now change the EdgeMovingSpeed value to 2 for twice as fast or 0.5 for half the speed!
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by CoquiGames; 01-20-2017, 10:30 PM.
                                Join our Discord

Comment

Working...
                                X