Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Free Community Project] [Blueprints] Cardinal Menu System | Steam and LAN Server Browser w/ Friends List and Pings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #76
    Originally posted by Prince.TK View Post
    Hi, first of all, thanks for this awesome project who make me win time and learning ressources. I have just have a question.

    Will you make an update for UE4 4.20 ? Because I can't make the last release work with this version.

    Cordially, PAB.
    I'm still testing the 4.20 release, but I'm pretty sure I've fixed all the bugs with the new version. Here's a link to the new release candidates if you want them early.

    http://metahusk.com/files/CardinalMe...180808_420.zip
    http://metahusk.com/files/CardinalMe...180808_420.zip

    Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
    Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

    Comment


      #77
      The project has been released for Unreal Engine 4.20 today.

      This version fixes issues with controller joystick movement input breaking after returning to the main menu and the need to manually place control input config files into your packaged game.

      Let us know if you find any bugs.

      Download it here: https://metahusk.com/cardinal-menu/

      Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
      Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

      Comment


        #78
        Awesome! Thanks a lot for your work!

        Comment


          #79
          nvm i find the fix
          Last edited by LeadEx13; 08-22-2018, 04:42 AM.

          Comment


            #80
            relly cool , maybe use it...

            Comment


              #81
              Some more information is located on the project's forums. For example, someone just asked how to remove the Local Split Screen menu option.

              Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
              Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

              Comment


                #82
                Sir, I downloaded it but a message popped up saying that this project requires the 'LoadingScreen' Plugin. I searched everywhere but I could not find it. Can you please give a link to download the plugin?

                Comment


                  #83
                  Originally posted by TheReaper1734 View Post
                  Sir, I downloaded it but a message popped up saying that this project requires the 'LoadingScreen' Plugin. I searched everywhere but I could not find it. Can you please give a link to download the plugin?
                  The plugin should be in the plugins folder. You have to open the compressed file and extract it to the plugins folder before compiling the project. I'm downloading the 4.20 version of the project to make sure it's in there.

                  Edit: The LoadingScreen plugin for 4.20 is located in /CardinalMenu_Project_v180808_420/Plugins/LoadingScreen_08-04-2018_420.zip
                  You can find it at http://metahusk.com/cardinal-menu/
                  Last edited by Parvan; 10-05-2018, 11:08 PM.

                  Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
                  Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

                  Comment


                    #84
                    The project has been released for Unreal Engine 4.21 today.

                    Let us know if you find any bugs.

                    Download it here: https://metahusk.com/cardinal-menu/

                    Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
                    Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

                    Comment


                      #85
                      I noticed a bug with the source build of Unreal Engine version 4.21.0 that stops Steam clients from joining a server due to a false "out of date client" error. Packaging from the launcher version of the engine does not have this issue. I think it may be a problem in 4.20 as well but I haven't confirmed it.

                      Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
                      Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

                      Comment


                        #86
                        I cannot download a 4.21 version ,because archive is corrupted and aborting random when downloading...

                        Comment


                          #87
                          Originally posted by Masakralny View Post
                          I cannot download a 4.21 version ,because archive is corrupted and aborting random when downloading...
                          Strange, I just moved hosts. I'll look into it. In the mean time, maybe direct links to the files will work? It could be the plugin that counts the downloads. http://metahusk.com/files/CardinalMenu/

                          Edit: I was just able to download and unpack the compressed files without issues. I will periodically check to see if the problem happens randomly. Maybe there were some dropped packets?
                          Last edited by Parvan; 12-17-2018, 07:50 AM.

                          Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
                          Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

                          Comment


                            #88
                            I downloaded 4.20 project version without any problems ,but I must work on 4.21...I try to download it now
                            Thanks for help , that means it's something with my network..

                            Comment


                              #89
                              Can somebody please help to get this working. I have all the plugins extracted to the correct directory, I have generated the VS project files using VS community 2015 which is installed using the custom menu and making sure VS C++ is ticked but when i goto open it asks me first to install missing modules (which i'm aware is fine) then i get a messag saying "cardinalmenu could not be compiled. Try Rebuilding from source manually" please can somebody help me, i took the day off work to try and get this up and running but i can get over the first hurdle. lol

                              Heres the error log from VS if it helps:

                              1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: CardinalMenu, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
                              1> Cleaning CardinalMenuEditor Binaries...
                              1> Creating makefile for CardinalMenuEditor (no existing makefile)
                              1> Performing full C++ include scan (no include cache file)
                              1> Using Visual Studio 2015 14.0 toolchain (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC) and Windows 8.1 SDK (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1).
                              1>C:\Users\Bone\Desktop\CardinalMenu\Plugins\PingPlugin\Source\Ping\Ping.Build.cs : warning : Referenced directory 'D:\Games\UE4\UE_4.21\Engine\Source\Ping\Public' does not exist.
                              1>C:\Users\Bone\Desktop\CardinalMenu\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\VictoryBPLibrary.Build.cs : warning : Referenced directory 'D:\Games\UE4\UE_4.21\Engine\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Public' does not exist.
                              1>UnrealBuildTool : error : Expecting to find a type to be declared in a module rules named 'NvCloth' in UE4Rules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null. This type must derive from the 'ModuleRules' type defined by Unreal Build Tool.
                              1> (see ../Programs/UnrealBuildTool/Log.txt for full exception trace)
                              1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(46,5): error MSB3073: The command "D:\Games\UE4\UE_4.21\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Rebuild.bat CardinalMenuEditor Win64 Development "C:\Users\Bone\Desktop\CardinalMenu\CardinalMenu.uproject" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code -1.
                              ========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========
                              Last edited by T3chnobone; 12-21-2018, 08:49 AM.

                              Comment


                                #90
                                Originally posted by T3chnobone View Post
                                Can somebody please help to get this working. I have all the plugins extracted to the correct directory, I have generated the VS project files using VS community 2015 which is installed using the custom menu and making sure VS C++ is ticked but when i goto open it asks me first to install missing modules (which i'm aware is fine) then i get a messag saying "cardinalmenu could not be compiled. Try Rebuilding from source manually" please can somebody help me, i took the day off work to try and get this up and running but i can get over the first hurdle. lol

                                Heres the error log from VS if it helps:

                                1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: CardinalMenu, Configuration: Development_Editor x64 ------
                                1> Cleaning CardinalMenuEditor Binaries...
                                1> Creating makefile for CardinalMenuEditor (no existing makefile)
                                1> Performing full C++ include scan (no include cache file)
                                1> Using Visual Studio 2015 14.0 toolchain (C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\VC) and Windows 8.1 SDK (C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1).
                                1>C:\Users\Bone\Desktop\CardinalMenu\Plugins\PingPlugin\Source\Ping\Ping.Build.cs : warning : Referenced directory 'D:\Games\UE4\UE_4.21\Engine\Source\Ping\Public' does not exist.
                                1>C:\Users\Bone\Desktop\CardinalMenu\Plugins\VictoryPlugin\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\VictoryBPLibrary.Build.cs : warning : Referenced directory 'D:\Games\UE4\UE_4.21\Engine\Source\VictoryBPLibrary\Public' does not exist.
                                1>UnrealBuildTool : error : Expecting to find a type to be declared in a module rules named 'NvCloth' in UE4Rules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null. This type must derive from the 'ModuleRules' type defined by Unreal Build Tool.
                                1> (see ../Programs/UnrealBuildTool/Log.txt for full exception trace)
                                1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V140\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets(46,5): error MSB3073: The command "D:\Games\UE4\UE_4.21\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Rebuild.bat CardinalMenuEditor Win64 Development "C:\Users\Bone\Desktop\CardinalMenu\CardinalMenu.uproject" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code -1.
                                ========== Rebuild All: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========
                                I would try VS2017 instead of 2015. At some point Epic switched to 2017 internally and I was no longer able to get 2015 to work. If that doesn't help, try un-installing all Visual Studio versions, reboot, and install 2017.

                                edit: you also need to make sure you install C++ support in 2017 https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp...n?view=vs-2017

                                If you want to use 2015, you need to change some things.

                                As of version 4.20, Unreal Engine uses VS2017 by default. However, VS2015 is still supported. If you have VS2015 installed but not VS2017, Unreal Engine 4.20 will still work. However, if you have both VS2015 and VS2017 installed, Unreal Engine 4.20 will use the VS2017 IDE and compiler by default, as well as generating VS2017 project files.

                                To configure Unreal Engine 4.20 to generate a VS2015 solution and project files, follow these steps:
                                1. In your root Unreal Engine 4.20 directory, right-click the GenerateProjectFiles.bat file, and select Edit.
                                2. Add the -2015 command line parameter to the end of the line that calls the GenerateProjectFiles.batfile in the Build directory, as shown below.
                                  call "%~dp0Engine\Build\BatchFiles\GenerateProjectFiles.bat" %* -2015
                                3. Save the GenerateProjectFiles.bat file
                                Last edited by Parvan; 12-21-2018, 10:48 AM.

                                Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
                                Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X