Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Free Community Project] [Blueprints] Cardinal Menu System | Steam and LAN Server Browser and Pings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crossmr View Post
    This is a really great project and it looks awesome..but from a learning perspective, I find it a bit overwhelming. Is there somewhere that explains the nuts and bolts of how it works? Since you're using all these dynamic buttons and things in the menu, it's extremely hard to follow what code attaches where. Like When I press the "start server" button, exactly what happens and where does it happen? Searching the code for "start server" returns a single string node where a buttons string is set to "start server" but that doesn't really need to any greater understanding of what's behind that button.
    Yeah, it is a bit complicated. The project is an expansion to Main Menu by ZioYuri78. Maybe I will create a video to explain everything in the future. If you look around at the blueprints for a while, eventually you will figure out how it works and it will help you with more advanced ways of doing things. Sometimes I forget how it works and I have to look around at the bps again to figure it out.

Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
    Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

Comment

Originally posted by crossmr View Post
      Yes, I got the direct link to work around the same time that I got that 4.22 from the youtube video linked above. Maybe try linking that on the website instead
      I changed the link to https instead of http. I wonder if the host or some browsers are having problems trying to force secure connections. Hopefully that will fix the issue. Please let me know if anyone has problems downloading the project. Thanks

Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
      Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

Comment

When will be updated to 4.22 4.23 already out. Or do you have to wait for the plugins?

Comment

Working...
        X