UnrealFastNoise - Modular Noise Generator Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey @mid_gen great work!
    But one question regarding cellular noise, can I get edges of centriods like in Voronoi diagram? Or its just calculate result for XY(Z) point based on chosen algrorithm?
    Thanks!

Comment

Deleted my previous posts prematurely - I managed to fix the issue with the plugin not working as an Engine plugin (just compiled as a project plugin then moved the binaries over), however, that did not fix the problem with the plugin working only in editor and not in the packaged game.

Here's the error:

LogStreaming: Error: Couldn't find file for package /Script/UnrealFastNoisePlugin requested by async loading code. NameToLoad: /Script/UnrealFastNoisePlugin

And as previously mentioned, if I change the setting from Developer to Runtime, I get an error on compile:

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:\Unreal Engine\UE_4.18\Engine\Plugins\UnrealFastNoisePlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4-UnrealFastNoisePlugin.lib'
      Last edited by Albie_123; 12-05-2017, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Albie_123 View Post
        Deleted my previous posts prematurely - I managed to fix the issue with the plugin not working as an Engine plugin (just compiled as a project plugin then moved the binaries over), however, that did not fix the problem with the plugin working only in editor and not in the packaged game.

Here's the error:

LogStreaming: Error: Couldn't find file for package /Script/UnrealFastNoisePlugin requested by async loading code. NameToLoad: /Script/UnrealFastNoisePlugin

And as previously mentioned, if I change the setting from Developer to Runtime, I get an error on compile:

LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'C:\Unreal Engine\UE_4.18\Engine\Plugins\UnrealFastNoisePlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4-UnrealFastNoisePlugin.lib'
        In your project's Build.cs file, make sure you include "UnrealFastNoisePlugin" in your PublicDependencyModules.

My demo repo is tested and working on 4.18.1 packaged builds, you can check it for configuration.

https://github.com/midgen/CashDemo

Comment

Welp, that was an easy fix! All working.

Extremely appreciate the help. Still learning my way around c++ so didn't even think to check.

Comment

It seems like the UnrealFastNoise still doesn't work in UE4.18,
            I copy the plugin into"C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.18\Engine\Plugins\Runtime"
            but
            it turn out to say" missing or incomplete in current engine version............how to fix it??

Comment

Originally posted by mid_gen View Post
              Updated to 4.18 and changed to IWYN, tested packaging etc.

Created a separate demo project repo:

https://github.com/midgen/CashDemo

I download this demo but all this plugins files are empty, and so does in github....very confused now.......and the UnrealFastNoise does't fit the UE4.18....

Comment

Originally posted by AinSophAur View Post
                [MENTION=10227]zerofiftyone[/MENTION] Thank you very much.

Here is a small update as well.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]145588[/ATTACH]
                wow!! how you make this! By using the c++ or BluePrint?? Could you share the method about creating a this amazing sphere?

Comment

Originally posted by Eyez_lee View Post

I download this demo but all this plugins files are empty, and so does in github....very confused now.......and the UnrealFastNoise does't fit the UE4.18....
                  The plugins in the demo project are git submodules, you'll need to pull them all.

In TortoiseGit (my Git client of choice) it's as simple as ticking the 'recursive' checkbox when cloning.

or

Code:
                  git.exe submodule update --init --recursive
                  Should do the trick

Comment

Originally posted by mid_gen View Post

The plugins in the demo project are git submodules, you'll need to pull them all.

In TortoiseGit (my Git client of choice) it's as simple as ticking the 'recursive' checkbox when cloning.

or

Code:
                    git.exe submodule update --init --recursive
                    Should do the trick
                    Code:
                    fatal: reference is not a tree: 86af3585a9c0e97859c7c6dabd710f2f3a16430e
                    Unable to checkout '86af3585a9c0e97859c7c6dabd710f2f3a16430e' in submodule path 'Plugins/RuntimeMeshComponent'
                    i can download the git project by hand and copy it. but --recursive won't let me download it

Comment

I'm trying to build the plugin on my Mac, but Xcode is giving me "Inline function UFastNoise::GetNoise2D is not defined", same for GetNoise3D.

Comment

Originally posted by honaj View Post
                        I'm trying to build the plugin on my Mac, but Xcode is giving me "Inline function UFastNoise::GetNoise2D is not defined", same for GetNoise3D.
                        I failed in my Mac as well, but it works on my PC. Maybe you can change the system to windows.

Comment

By any chance, is it possible to integrate bicubic interpolation into this plugin? I tried digging into the codes but my brain fried on the 66th line...

Comment

Originally posted by honaj View Post
                            The functions are declared as inline in the header, but he function definition is in the cpp. You can either remove the FORCEINLINE in the class definition in the header or move the appropriate functions in the header.

Comment

Would someone be so kind and provide some binaries for this plugin? I can't run VisualStudio and compile them myself, and i'm having a terrible time trying to make this plugin work, it's a nightmare, i'm sing UE 4.18 if that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Sabudum View Post
                                Would someone be so kind and provide some binaries for this plugin? I can't run VisualStudio and compile them myself, and i'm having a terrible time trying to make this plugin work, it's a nightmare, i'm sing UE 4.18 if that helps.
                                Installing VS 2015 community and compiling is really the easiest option. Distributing binaries for every platform, every version would be a nightmare.

Comment

Working...
                                X