Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLUGIN] Plastic SCM Source Control Provider

Hi All,

I have been working hard for the past month to develop a new Source Control plugin for Plastic SCM (think modern Perforce with efficient and understandable GUI and very powerful branching management, with some Git inter-operability).

So here I am with a third alpha release, now already stable and useful:
    - status icons for assets
    - check-out files
    - add, rename, delete asset files
    - check-in
    - history log of an asset
    - Visual Diff of Blueprints

Disclaimer: I've done this work for Codice Software, the company behind Plastic SCM.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by SRombauts; 04-25-2016, 10:19 AM. Reason: formatting and disclaimer
    UE4 Git LFS 2.x Source Control Plugin v2.4 for UE4.18 - (v1 integrated by default in Beta status since UE4.7)
    UE4 Plastic SCM Source Control Plugin (1.0.6 for UE4.18)
    PayPal me a beer to support my work

Hi SRombauts,

Congrats for your work as PSCM is a great Versionning Control software that UE4 would benefit. I guess you may be already aware of it but Codice software dev team (the editor company) had started to work on a such plugin for this engine and any user can contact him to play with...
    https://plasticscm.uservoice.com/for...source-control

Thanks,

hlx

Comment

Originally posted by hlx View Post
      I guess you may be already aware of it but Codice software dev team (the editor company) had started to work on a such plugin for this engine and any user can contact him to play with...
      hlx
      Yes, I am the guy doing this for them
      UE4 Git LFS 2.x Source Control Plugin v2.4 for UE4.18 - (v1 integrated by default in Beta status since UE4.7)

Comment

Ah, super lol. I wasn't aware...now, it is done...Thanks for the disclamer !
        Je vais pouvoir bientôt le tester...

thanks,

hlx

Comment

Awesome work SRombauts! I've used PlasticSCM in the past a bit, I may actually use this instead of setting up a local Perforce server, since I find it easier to work with somewhat.
          Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Sure [MENTION=11208]n00854180t[/MENTION], I would love some tests from someone experienced with the Perforce plugin!

So if you can try the Plastic SCM plugin and report any bad behavior by comparison with official UE4 Perforce plugin I would be happy!
            Last edited by SRombauts; 04-25-2016, 05:42 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

I am using Perforce plugin for UE4 daily and set few Perforce servers already. Send me details (grzegorzpiasecki2@gmail.com) if you are still looking for testers
              Team Leader | Lead Gameplay Programmer at Burning Knight Studio

Portfolio

Comment

Originally posted by Xter View Post
                I am using Perforce plugin for UE4 daily [...] if you are still looking for testers
                If you know Perforce and want to try Plastic SCM, you are welcome to register and download the appropriate installer for your system.

For now the Plastic plugin is really simple so you should probably start by learning the provided Plastic GUI to understand the basics of this SCM.

Then please report inconsistencies, bugs or ideas here or on GitHub issue tracker.

Cheers!

Comment

Hi,

Since my initial post, I've done 3 more releases, mostly for bugfixes: I tackled 13 bugs, so if you tried it last time, now it should work a lot better!

0.4.1 alpha release

There is also a few small features regarding the Connect/Init/Settings screen:
                  - initialize a new workspace to manage your UE4 Game Project.
                  - create an appropriate ignore.conf file as part as initialization (optional)
                  - make the initial commit (optional)
                  - also permit late creation of the ignore.conf file (ie on an existing workspace)

Please give me your feedback, the way you prefer: you can contact me privately, or use Github issues, or this forum thread)

Regards!

Comment

always wanted to try plasticSCM, great work!

Comment

Thanks, please let me know how it works when you give it a try!

Comment

Hi all,

Since my last post, I've done some more releases of the Plastic SCM plugin, and moved it out of "alpha" since it is now feature complete and quite polished:
                        0.8.0 beta release for UE 4.12

edit: and now 0.8.1 beta release for UE 4.13

Main features are:
                        - merge conflict support
                        - UE 4.12 support

Please give me your feedback the way you prefer: you can use Github issues, this forum thread, or contact me privately.

Regards!
                        Last edited by SRombauts; 09-02-2016, 05:04 PM. Reason: 0.8.1 beta release for UE 4.13

Comment

This is really cool. I've been a Plastic user for years and not having support in UE4 has been frustrating at times. What versions of Plastic does this work with? My team is on a pretty old version.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SRombauts View Post
                            Hi all,

Since my last post, I've done some more releases of the Plastic SCM plugin, and moved it out of "alpha" since it is now feature complete and quite polished:
                            0.8.0 beta release for UE 4.12

edit: and now 0.8.1 beta release for UE 4.13

Main features are:
                            - merge conflict support
                            - UE 4.12 support

Please give me your feedback the way you prefer: you can use Github issues, this forum thread, or contact me privately.

Regards!
                            Hi,

Awesome work on the integration
                            One thing that has always bugged me about Perforce and other integration's in UE4, is they require you to use a .uproject file for the editor integration to work, would it be at all possible for the integration to be based off a .uplugin file instead? allowing the root for the work pace to be a plugin folder instead of the project folder, this is essentially because, I'm a modder not a developer, and as such we work inside the SDK for ARK/Squad and it is a real pain to juggle work in multiple mods within the one SDK, and having the root as the project inevitable means someone at some point always checks in the entire SDK because they were falling asleep when committing work.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the kind words.

This is an awesome idea! I simply never thought about this kind of use-case before.

Could you please add a feature request into the Github issue tracker, to better track this?
                              https://github.com/SRombauts/UE4PlasticPlugin/issues

Also, I am not entirely sure on how to do that:
                              1. it would probably not be possible to add the auto-detection. I mean, I could try to check for a workspace in each plugin of the project (in GamePluginsDir()) but this could lead to multiple workspaces found, and it would not be what everyone whants
                              2. would you accept a simple EditBox in the Connect to Source Control screen where you could change manually the path to the root of the project, to switch to a subdir?

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X