Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Large useful blueprint function library (Morepork Games)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spoondog View Post
    Sorry just saw this - I've seen this a couple of times when upgrading, and I think it just happens when you paste it all at once and the editor is "not aware" of the macros yet - I can't remember which way around to do it, but if you paste in the macros first, SAVE them, then paste in the function library and compile it should work? Or it might have been function library first, then macros.. one or the other.

Feel free to bump that thread then saying you got it working in a packaged game... no one else has. In that thread, Epic appeared to indicate that it was a huge job to get community plugins working in a BP only packaged project and that their "interim" solution (i.e. the editor compiles for you, meaning it's still a code project) was staying for the foreseeable future.
    This was in the thread that you highlighted:

Update
    This issue with a failed packaging (first time i done this yesterday), seems to be related to VB 2013. However, recently UE begun supporting VB 2015, and it seems to be no issue to package my "blueprint" project with 4.11.2 and VaRest included.

Don't most developers have VS 2015 on their PC? I'm a PC dude, so for the Mac folks maybe its an issue?

teak
    Last edited by teak421; 11-27-2016, 06:58 PM.
    "A little bit of nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men..."
    -- Willy Wonka

Smooth Zoom Camera Plugin for 4.22 here.

Comment

On another note, you should send a note to the folks at Epic and get spotlighted on the Thursday stream. Lots of people will find your functions useful....

teak
      -- Willy Wonka

Comment

That would be great if it's actually fixed, but personally I wasn't able to use plugins on a 4.13 BP-only project without it asking me to compile on cook (even if I was only enabling a default plugin i.e. Steam Subsystem). I even removed all engine versions, launcher etc from my PC, reinstalled blank, enabled plugin and cooked.. still takes the liberty of compiling itself (I have VS2015 installed only). It works fine after compiling but after that I had to buy a Mac-mini just to compile the iOS version, since it became a code project the moment the editor compiled things. At some point I'll try plugins on a completely fresh PC (again), with a blank project, on a PC without compilation ability.. maybe it'll work.
        Dev Blog
        Twitter: @TheRealSpoonDog
        150 FREE Blueprint functions for your project

Comment

Thanks Spoondog. I just found the macros that were invalid it was the select bool macro. Anyway, I just replace the invalid macro with the right one in a few places and it compiled fine. No clue why it did that. Anyway, thanks for the library. You should ask for an unreal dev grant, a few of your functions should honestly be part of the engine.

Comment

hey Spoondog, love the functions and macros, i have a slight problem though, everything works great in 4.13, however in 4.14 im getting errors

Spoiler
            CEO of Prydetech

https://www.artstation.com/ixicalibur

Originally posted by ixicalibur
            Here you go, this is a link to every tutorial you could ever need plus instructions to access all the collective knowledge of mankind: [Super massive awesome link that every amazing game developer uses to instantly learn to be super awesome at making stuff]

Comment

Thanks for the report - it appears this is a bug with 4.14 and they have fixed it for 4.15:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...-not-pure.html
              https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...ng-it-nee.html

But apparently they're only warnings and shouldn't harm anything, just a bit of a pain having the warnings there.
              Dev Blog

Comment

Hi Spoondog

I'm dying to get a hold of your functions and macros, but the zip that downloads from the link seems to be damaged.
                I have tried downloading it several times but winrar and 7-zip claims it is invalid.

Oh and major thumbs up for sharing your hard work. Truely admirable

Soren

Comment

Originally posted by Zorend View Post
                  Hi Spoondog

I'm dying to get a hold of your functions and macros, but the zip that downloads from the link seems to be damaged.
                  I have tried downloading it several times but winrar and 7-zip claims it is invalid.

Oh and major thumbs up for sharing your hard work. Truely admirable

Soren
                  Try using IZArc: http://www.izarc.org/ Unzipped fine for me.
                  Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Originally posted by Zorend View Post
                    Hmm, just downloaded and extracted with 7-zip OK here. The file/link hasn't been modified in a long time - you might want to try again now, maybe Mediafire or your connection/browser was having some temporary issues?
                    Dev Blog

Comment

I've note tested every function / macro, etc. but it appears to work on 4.16...

teak
                      -- Willy Wonka

Comment

This is GOLD. Thanks for that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Spoondog View Post
                          But apparently they're only warnings and shouldn't harm anything, just a bit of a pain having the warnings there.
                          For me it's not just warnings, but actual blueprint compile errors:
                          http://imgur.com/a/pRxRF

Tried with UE 4.16 & 4.12, same result.
                          [Marketplace] Loading Screen System (ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴs, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss ʙᴀʀs)
                          [Free][Script] Automate Download of Mixamo Animations
                          [VłĐɆØ] Performance: BP vs C++ vs Blueprint Nativization

Comment

For me it's not just warnings, but actual blueprint compile errors:
                            Yea, the warnings I was talking about are gone (Epic fixed in 4.15), but the errors you are encountering are the "can't find macro reference" things mentioned earlier in the thread.

This is probably going to happen every time it's dropped into a new project, so next time I do an update I will probably not use any of my own macros in the function library (i.e. I'll just expand them out into nodes). I do plan on updating at some stage - I've added quite a few more and am working on 4.16, it's just a matter of finding the time, as usual.

For now, for anyone who gets the errors, it's very easy to fix yourself - simply place new versions of the macro node and re-hook it up, then delete the old node... until there are no compile errors left, then save the function package.

EDIT: Actually it's not that easy because the name of the macro isn't there. Fine, I will do an update :P
                            Last edited by Spoondog; 06-08-2017, 05:56 PM.
                            Dev Blog

Comment

Updated with 44 new nodes on 4.16!

BIG UPDATE!

44 new useful nodes (and a bunch of the originals have been updated, a handful removed, sorry for any inconvenience). No pretty pictures this time because it already took me all day to re-create some from other projects, clean it up and gather all the descriptions etc.

I've highlighted a few that I've used quite a lot recently.

Added:
                              • Branch To Bool - Converts two execution branches to a bool
                              • ClampColor - Clamps a color (per element)
                              • ClampRotatorPerElement - Clamps each element of a Vector individually between a minimum and maximum.
                              • Convert_RGB_to_HSL - Outputs HSL/HSV (Hue, Saturation, Luminance) values for the given color. Hue output is in degrees 0-360.
                              • CycleInt - Increments an int if it is still below max, else it will reset it to min
                              • Delay While - Delays as long as the condition is true. Useful where you're not sure how long to delay because of random startup timing
                              • DesaturateColor - Can be used to saturate or desaturate a color. Negative values saturate while positive values desaturate - An amount of 0 will leave the color unchanged.
                              • FindTagInActors - Returns all actors in the given array that have the given actor tag.
                              • ForEach Material - Does a loop for each material present on the given primitive. Useful for e.g. creating a dynamic instance of all materials on a mesh.
                              • ForEachLoop Wait - Same as a regular ForEachLoop, except it will only execute each loop when triggered. Good for when you want to do latent actions in the loop body e.g. stream levels
                              • ForLoopWait - Same as a regular ForLoop, except it will only execute each loop when triggered. Good for when you want to do latent actions in the loop body e.g. stream levels
                              • Frame Delay - Delays for a certain number of frames.
                              • Get Random Element (Copy) - Simple version of Get Random Element for arrays
                              • Get Random Element (Ref) - Simple version of Get Random Element for arrays
                              • Get_ALL_WidgetChildren - Gets all the child widgets of the given widget (recursively i.e. including children of children).
                              • GetAllActorsRenderable - Slightly presumptuous function that gets all actors that have a mesh or particle system component in them. Could be added to.
                              • GetDistFromScreenCenter - Returns a 0 to 1 value representing the player's distance from the center of the screen (0 is exact center, 1 is edge of screen)
                              • GetWidgetChildren - Gets all the DIRECT child widgets of the given widget.
                              • IntToChar - Converts a 0-255 value to it's ASCII character equivalent
                              • Is Empty - Branches depending on whether the array is empty or not
                              • LocalVariable_(String) - Just allows storing of a "local" variable in the event graph or in a macro, so you can compute something once and use it several times without fear of it changing.
                              • LocalVariable_(Transform) - Just allows storing of a "local" variable in the event graph or in a macro, so you can compute something once and use it several times without fear of it changing.
                              • LocationIsWithinVolume - Returns whether the given location is inside a volume of the given class. NOTE: Will not work if the volume isn't of the "WorldDynamic" object type.
                              • Max_(Vector) - Returns the maximum value of A and B (the return value is calculated per element, NOT on vector length i.e. Max(A.X,B.X), Max(A.Y,B.Y), Max(A.Z,B.Z) )
                              • MaxOfByteArray_(Impure) - Returns the maximum value of a byte array, and the value's index
                              • MaxOrMinOfStringArray - Finds the max or min of a string array (alphabetically) - this is fairly presumptuous and limited, but it's enough to sort a list of strings (e.g. server or player names) in a rudimentary fashion that 99% of people would accept.
                              • Min_(Vector) - Returns the minimum value of A and B (the return value is calculated per element, NOT on vector length i.e. Min(A.X,B.X), Min(A.Y,B.Y), Min(A.Z,B.Z) )
                              • More Than X Players - Whether there are more than the given amount of players currently connected.
                              • NameCompare - Compares two names
                              • Random Int (No Repeat) - Gives a *brand new* value in the given range each time i.e. no repeats until all values are used or the macro is reset manually
                              • RandomColorInRange - Returns a random color within the given range. It simply picks a value for each individual element.
                              • RandomRotatorInRange - Generate a random rotation between min and max
                              • RandomString - Generates a random string of ASCII characters, of the given length. If ValidChars is empty, then all chars are valid (from 32-127 only).
                              • RandomVectorInRange - Generate a random vector between min and max (works per component, good for e.g. random scale)
                              • RemoveAllPlayerWidgets - Removes ALL current user widgets
                              • Set Level Visibility - Sets the visibility of a streaming level
                              • SetMaterialQualityLevel - Sets r.MaterialQualityLevel at runtime. 0 = Low, 1 = High, 2 = Medium
                              • SetScreenResolution - Sets the screen resolution (via console command). If Resolution is empty then it will just set the fullscreen mode.
                              • SetVsyncEnabled - Sets vsync enabled or not, along with max frames per second (via console command)
                              • SnapRotatorToDegrees - Snaps a rotator to a certain amount of degrees, on all axis. Only supports whole numbers.
                              • SortStringArray - Sorts a string array alphabetically or reverse-alphabetically. The "Order" output is an array of the original indices in the new order (you can use it to e.g. make another array match the new order of the one you just sorted)
                              • Stream Level If Valid - Stream levels in and out with automatic validity checking
                              • StripChars - Strips the given chars from the given string. If "Except" is ticked, then it strips everything BUT the given chars.
                              • Wait Gate - Will fire the "Condition Met" output once the input has been fired the amount of times specified by "Condition". If "Once Only" is checked, then successive fires are ignored. Unnamed output pin fires regardless.

Updated: (others were updated too for performance etc but these have added functionality)
                              • SortFloatArray - Sorts an array by value. The "Order" output is an array of the original indices in the new order (you can use it to e.g. make another array match the new order of the one you just sorted)
                              • SortIntArray - Sorts an array by value. The "Order" output is an array of the original indices in the new order (you can use it to e.g. make another array match the new order of the one you just sorted)

Removed:
                              • AppendAndSetString - Annoyingly appears before the common "Append" node when typing
                              • GetAllActorsWithTag - There is an official epic one now
                              • GetLocalPlayerController_(Client) - Unnecessary (GetPlayerController(0) does the same thing
                              • GetPlayerStateByPlayerIndex - Misleading
                              • MaxOfFloatArray_(Impure) - Slower than the built-in node
                              • MaxOfIntArray_(Impure) - Slower than the built-in node
                              • MinOfFloatArray_(Impure) - Slower than the built-in node
                              • MinOfIntArray_(Impure) - Slower than the built-in node
                              • Set Array Element - The official epic one got fixed

DOWNLOAD
                              Last edited by Spoondog; 06-09-2017, 04:02 AM. Reason: download link
                              Dev Blog

Comment

Woops forgot a couple of other new ones:
                                • DesaturateColor - Can be used to saturate or desaturate a color. Negative values saturate while positive values desaturate - An amount of 0 will leave the color unchanged.
                                • Convert_RGB_to_HSL - Outputs HSL/HSV (Hue, Saturation, Luminance) values for the given color. Hue output is in degrees 0-360. I haven't actually tested this.. just made it from internet math.
                                Dev Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X