Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[C++][Blueprint] Main menu and in game menu with basic game, graphics, controls and audio settings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For reference, are you using my example project or only the Plugin+Contents in your own project?

Meanwhile, if i will have time, tomorrow i will upload my 4.11 migrated project to try, is the same project old project i tested today with 4.11. The new version with the 4.11 built-in GameUserSettings Blueprint node will be ready next week..i hope
    Join the Unreal Engine community on Reddit! | Twitter: @ZioYuri78

Comment

I'm using the plugin+Contents

Aight, so after rebuilding the new ControlsSettingsDetails widget by scratch, and then replacing the blueprint with your original one, it still gives me an error - so I quit. xD

I guess I'll grab your new stuff and delete my own and replace!
      Thanks a bunch for the help!

EDIT: Ok even after deleting everything and getting your files, it still doesn't work! Since it worked for you it must be some sort of problem with my project myself... I have absolutely no ideas now, other than the possibility of the problem being the plugin?
      Last edited by joshcamas; 04-02-2016, 06:47 PM.
      -Josh Steinhauer ~ HERO ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter

Comment

Ah ok, today i was tested only with complete project example, tomorrow i will try setup a test project and use plugin+content and look if i have the same issue, now i can't because are 1:00AM here

To be sure, have you included the plugin in your .build.cs public dependency?

Comment

Originally posted by ZioYuri78 View Post
          Ah ok, today i was tested only with complete project example, tomorrow i will try setup a test project and use plugin+content and look if i have the same issue, now i can't because are 1:00AM here

To be sure, have you included the plugin in your .build.cs public dependency?
          WHATTT!!!! IT WORKS! :O :O :O For some reason I thought I didn't need to add that! I'm so stupid!!!
          Now I just need to redo everything I did yesterday since I deleted the assets, and I am in business!|
          Sorry about causing all this fuss for no reason! Thanks so much!
          Last edited by joshcamas; 04-02-2016, 08:27 PM.
          -Josh Steinhauer ~ HERO ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by joshcamas View Post
            WHATTT!!!! IT WORKS! :O :O :O For some reason I thought I didn't need to add that! I'm so stupid!!!
            Now I just need to redo everything I did yesterday since I deleted the assets, and I am in business!|
            Sorry about causing all this fuss for no reason! Thanks so much!
            Super happy you solved!

Don't worry, is not a stupid mistake, i was cheated too by this error because it work fine in editor without include the plugin in .build.cs

Comment

Added a link to the 4.11 version of example project "As Is", means it still have all the previous source code and it have the Susbstance plugin disabled in the .uproject file because it cause an error on compile.

The new version with 4.11 game user settings Blueprint nodes will come in the next days both for example project and plugin + contents.

Comment

PSA:

Tested plugin + contents in 4.11 and work fine here, no need to upload a new updated version.

Comment

Awesome job! Thank you very much ZioYuri78.

Comment

Allright so a little fix for cooking:

You need to change in the .uplugin
                    Type to Runtime
                    And LoadingPhase to PreDefault

"Modules": [
                    {
                    "Name": "MainMenuLib",
                    "Type": "Runtime",
                    "LoadingPhase": "PreDefault"
                    }
                    ],

This will prevent crashes ; in my case dedicated server.

Cheers,
                    Bander
                    Unreal Developer since Unreal Engine 3

Comment

Edit, there's something wrong with soundclasses.

If I put master to 0, but music to 50 I don't hear music (as it should be).

If I put master to 0, but effects to 50, I do hear effects (as it should NOT be).

I must say tho, I'm only changing the slider, I am not applying and saving. And testing after applying.
                      Last edited by Aquazi; 04-15-2016, 12:47 AM.

Comment

error post
                        Last edited by Aquazi; 04-15-2016, 12:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquazi View Post
                          Edit, there's something wrong with soundclasses.

If I put master to 0, but music to 50 I don't hear music (as it should be).

If I put master to 0, but effects to 50, I do hear effects (as it should NOT be).

I must say tho, I'm only changing the slider, I am not applying and saving. And testing after applying.
                          For reference, are you using the project example or the plugin + contents stuff? Which version of UE4?

Is your MasterSound sound class like this?

Spoiler

Comment

Yes it is, it happens both on project, and content +plugins.

Basically till you hit apply it will only change the volume for current sounds.

Like, if I have background music and I lower the volume in the menu..then music gets lower.

But if I start a new music cue with the same soundclass volume is reverted to the one I had before hitting apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquazi View Post
                              Yes it is, it happens both on project, and content +plugins.

Basically till you hit apply it will only change the volume for current sounds.

Like, if I have background music and I lower the volume in the menu..then music gets lower.

But if I start a new music cue with the same soundclass volume is reverted to the one I had before hitting apply.
                              Ok, now i have understood, i need to try myself and look on what happen, hope to have time soon, keep patience

Comment

Gave it another look, the interaction between the master channel and the children channels...seems odd.

Comment

Working...
                                X