Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[C++][Blueprint] Main menu and in game menu with basic game, graphics, controls and audio settings.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    this is a really nice, I have one question. how would I go about changing the background music on the main menu?

    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by The_Mec_666 View Post
      this is a really nice, I have one question. how would I go about changing the background music on the main menu?
      The two "cone" blueprints in the level, one is for ambient sound and one for music, SoundCue is exposed in details panel
      Last edited by ZioYuri78; 03-16-2016, 05:51 AM.
      Join the Unreal Engine community on Reddit! | Twitter: @ZioYuri78

      Comment


        #18
        Really amazing Sir!!!!

        This is one of the best ones I ever saw.
        Just one question. I have been reading your documentation until now and I wonder if you can release a migration guide ?

        Comment


          #19
          Originally posted by 3HMonkey View Post
          Really amazing Sir!!!!

          This is one of the best ones I ever saw.
          Just one question. I have been reading your documentation until now and I wonder if you can release a migration guide ?
          Thanks

          A migration guide? Could be a good idea, i will look into it for sure in the next days, thanks for the hint!
          Join the Unreal Engine community on Reddit! | Twitter: @ZioYuri78

          Comment


            #20
            Sei un grande.

            (great job man)!

            Comment


              #21
              Any news here already ?

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by 3HMonkey View Post
                Any news here already ?
                I'm working on other stuff in these days, need time to find the best solution without broke everything, probably i will convert the project as a template, in this way you can add it to an existing project.

                EDIT:

                If you want you can create three Blueprint Function Library C++ class in your project and copy/paste the code, after this migrate the MainMenu widget and InGameMenu widget to your project and fix all the things.
                Last edited by ZioYuri78; 03-22-2016, 09:48 AM.
                Join the Unreal Engine community on Reddit! | Twitter: @ZioYuri78

                Comment


                  #23
                  Added a link to only Plugin and Content zip files and a description on how to integrate these in your existing project (look at the second post).

                  I'm sure [MENTION=14465]3HMonkey[/MENTION] will be happy
                  Join the Unreal Engine community on Reddit! | Twitter: @ZioYuri78

                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by ZioYuri78 View Post
                    Added a link to only Plugin and Content zip files and a description on how to integrate these in your existing project (look at the second post).

                    I'm sure [MENTION=14465]3HMonkey[/MENTION] will be happy
                    Amazing news Sir!!! Youre the best !!

                    Comment


                      #25
                      Updated the Project Example link, sorry guys, i made a mistake with sharing option, now you don't need to send me a request but please verify and tell me if now is ok.
                      Last edited by ZioYuri78; 03-31-2016, 07:41 AM.
                      Join the Unreal Engine community on Reddit! | Twitter: @ZioYuri78

                      Comment


                        #26
                        I thought you want to track the number of downloads this way
                        Edge of Chaos RTS
                        "Age of Total Heroes" - RTS Pathfinding and Movement System for UE4
                        RTS Camera C++ Tutorial

                        Comment


                          #27
                          From 4.11 release notes

                          Exposed many scalability settings to Blueprints via UGameUserSettings, making it easy to build a settings screen entirely in UMG.
                          Good news, i will look into this and update the project to 4.11 version in next days
                          Join the Unreal Engine community on Reddit! | Twitter: @ZioYuri78

                          Comment


                            #28
                            In 4.11, I'm getting this error on package/launch:
                            Code:
                            LogProperty:Error: Struct type unknown for property 'StructProperty /Game/GameMenu/UI/MainMenu/DetailsPanels/ControlsSettingsDetails.ControlsSettingsDetails_C:SetDefaultsBinds.K2Node_MakeArray_Array.K2Node_MakeArray_Array'; perhaps the USTRUCT() was renamed or deleted?LogWindows:Error: Windows GetLastErr
                            Not sure if this is cause of some sort of corruption or not, but I'm not quite sure what array it's even talking about
                            Any ideas?
                            -Josh Steinhauer ~ HERO ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter

                            Comment


                              #29
                              Originally posted by joshcamas View Post
                              In 4.11, I'm getting this error on package/launch:
                              Code:
                              LogProperty:Error: Struct type unknown for property 'StructProperty /Game/GameMenu/UI/MainMenu/DetailsPanels/ControlsSettingsDetails.ControlsSettingsDetails_C:SetDefaultsBinds.K2Node_MakeArray_Array.K2Node_MakeArray_Array'; perhaps the USTRUCT() was renamed or deleted?LogWindows:Error: Windows GetLastErr
                              Not sure if this is cause of some sort of corruption or not, but I'm not quite sure what array it's even talking about
                              Any ideas?
                              Tried right now with 4.11 and work fine here, the array you are talking about is the array that contain the defaults key bindings, is a local variable and you can find it into the SetDefaultsBinds function in the "ControlsSettingsDetails" widget, go look if is empty or unlinked or something else.
                              Join the Unreal Engine community on Reddit! | Twitter: @ZioYuri78

                              Comment


                                #30
                                It's really weird, cause that variable looks fine, and I've tried:
                                -Duplicating variable and deleting original
                                -Instead of using an array, just have a mainmenulib variable, and deleting that local variable completely
                                -Cut connection from start of function, aka do nothing
                                -Replace old function with a completely new one

                                And none of these worked! :S I guess it's some sort of corruption of some sort... sigh
                                I'll probably just wait until your next update and replace all the stuff with your new stuff
                                Thanks for your help!

                                EDIT: Aight, so when I never use the ControlsSettingsDetails widget at all, then the menu runs! So I guess I'll just create a new details widget and hope it works!
                                Last edited by joshcamas; 04-02-2016, 05:46 PM.
                                -Josh Steinhauer ~ HERO ~ My Blog ~ My Twitter

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X