Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DoN's 3D-Pathfinding / Flying-AI system (with full source!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Someone knows anything about the upgrade for 4.23? It will be very important for me.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey! How soon will the plugin be available for version 4.23?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Someone ever managed to use the plugin with world composition? No matter where I place the nav volume, it crashes systematically once I press play.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Inject4 View Post
    Greetings! A big thank you for giving out your hard work for free to budding developers!

I know essentially nothing about C++, compiling, editing files, etc (I work 100% in blueprint) and I was wondering if you could help me make a change to the source code.

Essentially all I am after is a way to add a small delay in the "Fly To" node whenever the actor reaches the end of a straight line (so taking corners, changing direction, etc). I have my behaviour tree working as I'd like so far with a helicopter that rotates towards it's velocity direction, however the sudden changes in direction during pathfinding make the whole thing look haphazard.

I've taken a look at the source files, but as I've said I know nothing about C++. I tried making some changes (to menu names only, nothing major) but then couldn't get UE4 to compile with my changes.

Any help from anyone in this thread is much appreciated!
    No need to look at the code, you can set your delay in BP. In your pawn, there must be a variable called "goal cooldown time". However it will make a pause only when the goal is reached.

You can use "event on next segment" and do some calculation here, it is the event you are looking for, it fires on the end of straight lines.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Greetings! A big thank you for giving out your hard work for free to budding developers!

I know essentially nothing about C++, compiling, editing files, etc (I work 100% in blueprint) and I was wondering if you could help me make a change to the source code.

Essentially all I am after is a way to add a small delay in the "Fly To" node whenever the actor reaches the end of a straight line (so taking corners, changing direction, etc). I have my behaviour tree working as I'd like so far with a helicopter that rotates towards it's velocity direction, however the sudden changes in direction during pathfinding make the whole thing look haphazard.

I've taken a look at the source files, but as I've said I know nothing about C++. I tried making some changes (to menu names only, nothing major) but then couldn't get UE4 to compile with my changes.

Any help from anyone in this thread is much appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi. Yesterday got a bunch of crashes using FlyTo in nested BTs (run behaviour) in FlyTo::OnBlackboardValueChange. Looks like slight miss of nullptr check, but it helped. The nullptr hit was at myMemory->BBObserverDelegateHandle.Reset();

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello all, somebody would have any advice on using the schedule pathfinding task for a simple actor? I mean is there a way to easily make it follow the path using the API or will I have to make something custom?
    I may be wrong but events like "on locomotion begin" "on next segment" are only used for the fly task in BT .
    I think about storing path points in an array, then moving my actor with a timer and check always if I'm close to next point, removing the point from the array etc but I'm sure there something simpler to do with all the function provided.
    If there is not, how do you determine the direction (in vector) beetween two points (I'd like to have the same thing that the add movement input custom node):

Click image for larger version  Name:	Image-4.jpg Views:	1 Size:	41.1 KB ID:	1624016

Thanks in advance for any advice

Edit : Using get unit vector give me the direction I can do my things with the array, but I'm sure a neater method exists
    Last edited by Grot13; 05-25-2019, 08:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Otherwise the navigation is blocked with triggers and is not able to pass through.
    and the clamp function does not clap to the nearest site

Is it all like this, or I have not known how to use it?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    umm Hi, thanks for the plugin but...

in .4.20, "is location within navigable World" blueprint node always return true, is it a bug?

Click image for larger version

Name:	reCapture.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	422.3 KB
ID:	1601355
    Last edited by DomusLudus; 03-31-2019, 03:45 PM. Reason: add screenshoot

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Here is the image to the picture.
    https://imgur.com/a/WHygKT2

Everything is set up correct and neat, Also the Behaviour tree goes through Fly To Node, but still, my mesh doesn't fly to the given location. Help me out
    Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Tinhauser View Post
    I am trying to figure out if I need this. I need a flying AI that can chase a point in 3D space, this point will be moving, because it’s attached to the player, who is also flying. I don’t need any obstacle avoidance. I would like to use behavior tree.

I have this installed and it can move the AI, but I feel like I want to just have 1 gigantic voxel and disable obstacle avoidance/pathfinding. I only need to go straight and the maps are big (over 100km).

Should I just use waypoints?
    You just need to give that AI flyer direction vector to player (or point attached to player) all the time. Like in picture. You can add speed changes depending on distance if you wish, also some "too close" distance limit check (not in pic):
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Rotation-to-Player.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	147.3 KB
ID:	1582851

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I am trying to figure out if I need this. I need a flying AI that can chase a point in 3D space, this point will be moving, because it’s attached to the player, who is also flying. I don’t need any obstacle avoidance. I would like to use behavior tree.

I have this installed and it can move the AI, but I feel like I want to just have 1 gigantic voxel and disable obstacle avoidance/pathfinding. I only need to go straight and the maps are big (over 100km).

Should I just use waypoints?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there any function like AI Move To (I mean in the blueprint, not in the BT)? Or must be programed manually using Schedule Pathfinding Task?

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Wondering if there's a trick I'm missing in getting the flying unit to navigate correctly to a moving target point, such as the player.

Currently I'm spawning a Target Point at the player's socket location. Then using the FlyTo node to fly an actor, however the actors seem to orbit a random amount of times before straightening out, and I'm wondering if there's a setting I'm missing to have the target point be spawned or moving.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, any news on a 4.21 version?

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X