Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DoN's 3D-Pathfinding / Flying-AI system (with full source!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mavmat View Post
    Hi everyone,

Information seems spread out over multiple threads and pages and the dev hasn't been very communicative recently (though I do see the game is being worked on). In light of this, I felt it worthwhile to start up a Discord to see if we can better organise the community that exists around this project. To start, I've compiled a few methods of building for other engine versions and listed these in the #guides channel. I've also summarised a few important links.

I'm not a C++ programmer by trade, so I won't be able to assist with anything in-depth but it's my hope that this might help in a small way to save the neat functionality this plugin has.

If the author decides to pick it back up, I'm more than happy to hand over control of the server.

Here's the link: https://discord.gg/eFW6suw
    Also, keep an eye (and Discord exposure) to this 3D nav plugin, "uesvon" (last update 2 months ago):

https://github.com/midgen/uesvon

Comment

SwenYan Thank you so much for this. I have been struggling to do the same thing for a while. Very much appreciated.
      Stygian Abyss Demo VR Remake

http://mrob76u.wordpress.com/

Comment

In need of some help. I have Don's AI working mostly the way I want it. However, the issue I am having while using the Pursuit BT is the Goal Bot. If I have my player in the scene, I can assign it as the goal, the AI pursues it, etc. However, my character gets spawned in at run time. In order for that work, what I have to do is eject from the scene, grab the enemy, add my character to the goal, then possess my character and play. Then the bot pursues me. Does anyone know how to set the goal bot at runtime or have it use the equivalent of a prefab (I am not quite sure what Unreal considers those other than BP Meshes)? The information out there for doing something like this is very sparse...

Additional info is I am using Don's AI with the Side Scroller Shooter Kit making a 2.5d side scroller with full 3d characters and objects.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by BoBosan View Post
          For anyone who encounter this error.

The cause is that pawn's current location is outside DonNavigation's bound.
          So, the NavigationManager variable point to nullptr. In C++, It's possible to dereference nullptr without getting exception but getting crash inside object instead.
          Unfortunately I'm getting this error and my pawn is clearly well inside the navigation bounds.

Though switching from bound to unbound manager does make it work. However I've verified that my pawn is well inside the bounds of the bound manager and I'm getting that error.
          Last edited by crossmr; 07-29-2020, 12:32 AM.

Comment

Thank you very much SwenYan!

Comment

Working...
            X