Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DoN's 3D-Pathfinding / Flying-AI system (with full source!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Emrehan View Post
    Will you share this plugin for 4.18? And thank you for your greatest plugin.
    Hey, based on my current bandwidth, I will need 3-4 weeks before I get a chance to look at the 4.18 migration for all my plugins.

Will post an update on this thread when it's available for this one.

PS: It's quite possible that the plugin migrates without any issues when compiled too, so do try that if you haven't already.

~* Lifecycles *~ Anniversary Steam update for Drunk On Nectar! | DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

Comment

• Hey, vsz! First of all thanks you for such awesome plugin! It saved me a lot of time!
      But, it looks like I'm run into issue with using plugin in c++. It looks like I cant include "DonNavigationManager.h" anywhere, because it's have "DonNavigationCommon.h" in include list and that include have "AllowWindowsPlatformTypes.h" include, which does't not allow you to include it more than one time. Am I right or I'm doing something very wrong? I can make a example project.

Comment

• Originally posted by Araxnid View Post
        Hey, vsz! First of all thanks you for such awesome plugin! It saved me a lot of time!
        But, it looks like I'm run into issue with using plugin in c++. It looks like I cant include "DonNavigationManager.h" anywhere, because it's have "DonNavigationCommon.h" in include list and that include have "AllowWindowsPlatformTypes.h" include, which does't not allow you to include it more than one time. Am I right or I'm doing something very wrong? I can make a example project.
        For a live example of how to use the plugin from C++ check out the "Fly To" node class (BTTask_FlyTo.h/.cpp) which includes the manager via DonNavigationHelper.h and uses the API directly. For your particular issue I suggest methodically comparing your setup with UBTTask_FlyTo. Make sure you've added the plugin's module ("DonAINavigation") as a dependency in own your project's MyProject.build.cs file too. Finally, if you run into any common linkage errors try searching online as well.

~* Lifecycles *~ Anniversary Steam update for Drunk On Nectar! | DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

Comment

• @Emrehan VSZ FWIW, I've verified that DonAINavigation does work without modification in 4.18.
          The EngineVersion needed to be updated to 4.18.0 in DonAINavigation.uplugin, but it does compile and run without evident issues.
          There's a Clear Timer by Handle node in the DemoMap event graph that needs to be replaced by a ClearAndInvalidateTimerByHandle node, but those are the only required changes I've run across so far.

VSZ I love this plugin - thank you so much for sharing it with us!

Comment

• Hello and thanks for this plugin. I can't seem to get the GetRandomPointInNavigableRadius node to work with this plugin. I want to get a random vector location around the AI character. I've used this node before in tasks for my behavior tree but I can't seem to get it to work with this plugin. It just keeps going to the center of the map. Anyone have a suggestion or workaround?

Anyway I appreciate this plugin. It is fun to play with.

Comment

• VSZ is there a way to get a github link or something ? i don't have the launcher for some good reasons to download the plugin

Comment

• Originally posted by FlibleBable View Post
                Hello and thanks for this plugin. I can't seem to get the GetRandomPointInNavigableRadius node to work with this plugin. I want to get a random vector location around the AI character. I've used this node before in tasks for my behavior tree but I can't seem to get it to work with this plugin. It just keeps going to the center of the map. Anyone have a suggestion or workaround?
                That function only works with Unreal's native navigation system (whose navmesh cannot be used for 3D pathfinding); the plugin uses its own navigation structures and API.

The plugin does offer the function FindRandomPointAroundOriginInNavWorld (on the manager actor)with somewhat similar functionality. In a recent version this was exposed as an EQS query by a community user although I haven't tested EQS usage myself.

Originally posted by FlibleBable View Post
                Anyway I appreciate this plugin. It is fun to play with.
                Thank you, glad to hear

Originally posted by issam1975 View Post
                VSZ is there a way to get a github link or something ? i don't have the launcher for some good reasons to download the plugin
                This post has a direct download link for the 4.18 version of the plugin.

In any case, here's the github repo as well: https://github.com/VSZue/DonAINavigation

Originally posted by KevODoom View Post
                @Emrehan VSZ FWIW, I've verified that DonAINavigation does work without modification in 4.18.
                The EngineVersion needed to be updated to 4.18.0 in DonAINavigation.uplugin, but it does compile and run without evident issues.
                There's a Clear Timer by Handle node in the DemoMap event graph that needs to be replaced by a ClearAndInvalidateTimerByHandle node, but those are the only required changes I've run across so far.
                Yes! I'd encourage users to always try migrating the plugin as-is if the official build for a new engine release is not yet available; oftentimes it just works, or will need only minor modifications for API compatibility.

For 4.18, the latest version was released last week (Link) and also carries a major bugfix for dynamic obstacles in single-threaded mode (most users should be unaffected fwiw).

Originally posted by KevODoom View Post
                VSZ I love this plugin - thank you so much for sharing it with us!
                Thanks once again

Comment

• VSZ : thanks a lot, really appreciate <3
                  good luck for your game even if i hate insects

Comment

• Originally posted by issam1975 View Post
                    VSZ : thanks a lot, really appreciate <3
                    good luck for your game even if i hate insects
                    Thank you

Insects are only one aspect of DoN btw! Plant-life/ecology is a big part of the game too.
                    Other members of the animal kingdom will eventually make their way into the game, so there will be something in there for everyone one day

Comment

• Hello!

Thank's for this plugin! It was very easy to use, my big problem was with plugin activation, because this is my first one in engine. But after installation I had my drone flying in minutes and I love it.

Question:
                      I have nice and smooth drone rotation in Yaw, but I can't set up rotating in Pitch. I tried all settings for controller/drone movement etc but it not works. I can code it myself depending on nav points locations and angle, but before I will invent wheel again, maybe is here simplest solution, just I miss something?

This Yaw problem is gone. I started it from new in other project and now drone rotating in any angle, no problem.

How to destroy path after actor destroy? I have respawn system and I see, path still exists and new drone can't fly.

Thank's again, great job!
                      Last edited by Vaheva; 12-08-2017, 04:34 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vaheva View Post
                        This Yaw problem is gone. I started it from new in other project and now drone rotating in any angle, no problem.
                        To clarify, no part of a pawn's locomotion is handled by this plugin. After solving a path, it simply hands all movement logic over to your pawn via AddMovementInput so your pawn's movement component is the right place to investigate issues like this. In any case, glad to hear it was solved.

Originally posted by Vaheva View Post
                        How to destroy path after actor destroy? I have respawn system and I see, path still exists and new drone can't fly.
                        By "destroy path" I'm guessing you mean the black lines that depict a solved path? If so, you just need to disable the relevant debug option from the Fly To node's Query Params (all the visualize solution flags need to be turned off).

For your second question you'll have to check the logs and see what error message is being shown. If your drone can't fly after being spawned it is indicative of some other fundamental issue; it has nothing to do with the previous bot's path (which are just debug lines)

Originally posted by Vaheva View Post
                        ... I had my drone flying in minutes and I love it. ...Thank's again, great job!
                        Thank you

Comment

Working...
                        X