Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DoN's 3D-Pathfinding / Flying-AI system (with full source!)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by tbjbu2 View Post
    Still doesnt work
    Need more information here.

    Without knowing whether you're building from source, or a Blueprint-only project or which version of the plugin you downloaded for your testing, it's hard to say what could be going wrong.

    Originally posted by tbjbu2 View Post
    Any way you can upload an updated version?
    All the latest versions are already uploaded, either on the marketplace (4.16, 4.15) or in the title post. There isn't any other version which would make a difference I'm afraid.

    Some environment issue specific to your project/build setup is coming into play here, which is why more information about your setup is needed.

    Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

    UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

    Comment


      Originally posted by VSZ View Post
      Need more information here.

      Without knowing whether you're building from source, or a Blueprint-only project or which version of the plugin you downloaded for your testing, it's hard to say what could be going wrong.



      All the latest versions are already uploaded, either on the marketplace (4.16, 4.15) or in the title post. There isn't any other version which would make a difference I'm afraid.

      Some environment issue specific to your project/build setup is coming into play here, which is why more information about your setup is needed.
      oh lol, I downloaded the 4.5 version from somewhere xD
      Trying this now...
      Works xD
      Thanks a lot!

      Comment


        Waiting for a 4.17 version

        Comment


          This sounds awesome!
          1onlineapotheke.de Cialis bestellen levitra kaufen

          Comment




            4.17 ETA



            Some major features and bugfixes are planned for 4.17 so I'll need a couple of weeks to submit this to the marketplace.

            Need to merge a fair amount of code from my local build for the plugin (where some new stuff has been brewing! ) before I get to this....

            Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

            UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

            Comment


              Originally posted by VSZ View Post


              4.17 ETA



              Some major features and bugfixes are planned for 4.17 so I'll need a couple of weeks to submit this to the marketplace.

              Need to merge a fair amount of code from my local build for the plugin (where some new stuff has been brewing! ) before I get to this....
              Check out my ★★★★★ UE4 plugin if you want to go fast!
              • Feedback Event Factory: Perfect for managing sounds, particle systems, force feedback, camera shakes, time dilation, animations & more...all within a single Blueprint!

              Comment


                Originally posted by VSZ View Post


                4.17 ETA



                Some major features and bugfixes are planned for 4.17 so I'll need a couple of weeks to submit this to the marketplace.

                Need to merge a fair amount of code from my local build for the plugin (where some new stuff has been brewing! ) before I get to this....
                What improvements are you adding to the plugin if I may ask?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by HeadClot View Post
                  What improvements are you adding to the plugin if I may ask?
                  Performance and robustness are the two areas. Will share more details when it goes out

                  Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

                  UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

                  Comment


                    Major Update & 4.17 release

                    What's New:

                    Full Multi-threading support!
                    • Multi-threading code has been rewritten from scratch and is now robust and ready for use. It is now enabled by default.
                    • Significant performance boosts - both for your frame rates and for your bot's reactivity.
                    • This means Infinite map size (via Unbound manager) + Large number of A.I is now finally a very viable option!




                    Major bugfixes to navigation solver
                    • Bots no longer get stuck while lying flush with a wall or obstacle (initial overlap usecase)
                    • This was an issue reproducible in the sample project and reported by a user. As always, issues reported via the sample project are easiest to reproduce and investigate.
                    • Improved nav request scheduling (redundant aborts eliminated and more)


                    Community Contributions

                    Thanks to Vladimir Ivanov for:
                    • Multiple manager support via actor based manager selection (very common request!)
                    • Path recalculation support for Flight Location key
                    • EQS tasks that expose the CanNavgate and RandomNavigableLocation functions and fix for FlyTo node usage with SimpleParallel node.

                    Thanks to Michael Brune for:
                    • 4.17 migration code to get me started quickly
                    • Blueprint Nativization friendly code changes (n.b. more changes may be needed in this space, either in the nativizer itself or in code)





                    Downloads

                    Check out my new plugin!
                    A significant amount of effort was needed to get this update out, not just in building the features but in merging four different code bases together and testing some very time-consuming edge cases.

                    I request that if you found this plugin useful, please also check out my new DoN plugin - Mesh Painting & Gameplay solution for UE4, a very feature-rich plugin catering to many different usecases for both FX and gameplay.
                    Chances are you may find something you need for your project in there!

                    See the new plugin's Marketplace Link, Video Trailer and Forum thread for more.

                    --

                    Enjoy this update!

                    - Venugopalan Sreedharan
                    Last edited by VSZ; 08-22-2017, 01:46 AM.

                    Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

                    UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

                    Comment


                      Hi Venugopalan,

                      Thank you for making this plug in and giving it away for free. Its very generous support of this community. I'm working with the new version. (1.8) in UE4 4.17. It worked right out of the box in my own project. I did want to report bit of a problem. I have notices some lag hitches when using multi-threading. They went away when I switched to single thread. They happen even when the single unit was not flying. I have an i7-4770K. The hitches were small maybe an extra 10ms. Anyway, just wanted to see if this was known behavior and if there was anything that could be done.

                      Thanks,

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by GameMaster79 View Post
                        Hi Venugopalan,

                        Thank you for making this plug in and giving it away for free. Its very generous support of this community. I'm working with the new version. (1.8) in UE4 4.17. It worked right out of the box in my own project. I did want to report bit of a problem. I have notices some lag hitches when using multi-threading. They went away when I switched to single thread. They happen even when the single unit was not flying. I have an i7-4770K. The hitches were small maybe an extra 10ms. Anyway, just wanted to see if this was known behavior and if there was anything that could be done.

                        Thanks,
                        Hey, Are you able to reproduce this in the sample project and/or in a packaged game (i.e. w/o the editor)?

                        Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

                        UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

                        Comment


                          Yes, you can see it in the demo project although on a smaller scale. If you use Stat Unit Graph on a clean demo project. It hitches from 8.3 ms to about 13 ms. If you unchecked multi-thread the hitching goes away.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by GameMaster79 View Post
                            Yes, you can see it in the demo project although on a smaller scale. If you use Stat Unit Graph on a clean demo project. It hitches from 8.3 ms to about 13 ms. If you unchecked multi-thread the hitching goes away.
                            I wasn't able to reproduce this issue; tried a variety of different combinations (with visual studio v/s without, editor v/s standalone, idle v/s multiple examples running, etc).

                            Could you share your profiler dump? (stat startfile + stat stopfile)

                            Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

                            UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

                            Comment


                              For those wondering about the hitch report, I did receive a profiler dump from @GameMaster79 last week. Just haven't had the opportunity to check it out yet. If I spot something here I'll get back!

                              Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

                              UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

                              Comment


                                Will you share this plugin for 4.18? And thank you for your greatest plugin.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X