Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DoN's 3D-Pathfinding / Flying-AI system (with full source!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MENTION=50574]SaOk[/MENTION] - Can you turn off "Draw Debug Volumes" on the Fly To node? The crash is caused by trying to render a debug volume which doesn't exist, so turning off DrawDebugVolumes will resolve the crash for now without any code changes.

Fix is easy though, so I'll bundle it up with the other changes and submit to the marketplace after more feedback comes in.

Steam Early Access: Drunk On Nectar - The Nature Simulator

UE4 Plugins: DoN’s Dynamic Mesh FX | DoN’s 3D Pathfinding

Comment

Sure, also using the new FlyTo. So far no problems anymore. Thanks again for making this. Had been waiting ways to do air pathfinding. Was using splines but this is much better. Cant wait to create some proper alien drone to use with this.

Comment

Originally posted by SaOk View Post
        Sure, also using the new FlyTo. So far no problems anymore. Thanks again for making this. Had been waiting ways to do air pathfinding. Was using splines but this is much better. Cant wait to create some proper alien drone to use with this.
        Great to hear Feel free to post any videos of your stuff in action!

Comment

New thread!

I've created a new thread in the marketplace section seeing as this plugin has been officially released.

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...Support-Thread

Post any new feedback/issues/etc in the new thread

Comment

love this! i have a problem with the 4.15 when i place a Don Navigation Manager in the level and build for windows 64 the game crash at begin ,
            when i delete don nav from the level and build again it work perfectly, there are some fixes for that? thank you !

Comment

Originally posted by 8shadow8 View Post
              love this! i have a problem with the 4.15 when i place a Don Navigation Manager in the level and build for windows 64 the game crash at begin ,
              when i delete don nav from the level and build again it work perfectly, there are some fixes for that? thank you !
              Can you try out the latest Github version? It has bugfixes that haven't been submitted to the marketplace yet.

Binaries are included in the github version for your convenience in case you have a blueprint-only project.

Comment

Hi, VSZ. Need some help from you, is there any possibility to ignore classes of actors but not specific actors on the map through pathfinding?

Comment

How do you get the plugin working with a custom-source built UE4 engine? I am using 4.15.2 and put the plugin source into my engine source's .\Engine\Plugins\ folder and re-generated the project files. However, I get this when attempting to compile:
                  C:\Dev\UE4\4.15.2\Engine\Plugins\DonAINavigation\Source\DonAINavigation\Classes\Multithreading\DonNavigationWorker.cpp(1): error: Expected DonNavigationWorker.h to be first header included.
                  C:\Dev\UE4\4.15.2\Engine\Plugins\DonAINavigation\Source\DonAINavigation\Private\DonNavigationHelper.cpp(1): error: Expected DonNavigationHelper.h to be first header included.
                  C:\Dev\UE4\4.15.2\Engine\Plugins\DonAINavigation\Source\DonAINavigation\Private\DonNavigationManager.cpp(1): error: Expected DonNavigationManager.h to be first header included.
                  C:\Dev\UE4\4.15.2\Engine\Plugins\DonAINavigation\Source\DonAINavigation\Private\DonNavigationManagerUnbound.cpp(1): error: Expected DonNavigationManagerUnbound.h to be first header included.
                  C:\Dev\UE4\4.15.2\Engine\Plugins\DonAINavigation\Source\DonAINavigation\Private\DonNavigatorInterface.cpp(1): error: Expected DonNavigatorInterface.h to be first header included.
                  C:\Dev\UE4\4.15.2\Engine\Plugins\DonAINavigation\Source\DonAINavigation\Private\BehaviorTree\BTTask_FlyTo.cpp(1): error: Expected BTTask_FlyTo.h to be first header included.
                  C:\Dev\UE4\4.15.2\Engine\Plugins\DonAINavigation\Source\DonAINavigation\Private\Legacy\DEPRECATED_DoNNavigationVolumeComponent.cpp(1): error: Expected DEPRECATED_DoNNavigationVolumeComponent.h to be first header included.
                  C:\Dev\UE4\4.15.2\Engine\Plugins\DonAINavigation\Source\DonAINavigation\Private\Legacy\DEPRECATED_VolumeAdaptiveBuilder.cpp(1): error: Expected DEPRECATED_VolumeAdaptiveBuilder.h to be first header included.

Comment

Originally posted by jvukovich View Post
                    How do you get the plugin working with a custom-source built UE4 engine? I am using 4.15.2 and put the plugin source into my engine source's .\Engine\Plugins\ folder and re-generated the project files. However, I get this when attempting to compile:
                    Got the same question [MENTION=14603]VSZ[/MENTION]

PD: Amazing Work!

Comment

Originally posted by Eism View Post
                      Hi, VSZ. Need some help from you, is there any possibility to ignore classes of actors but not specific actors on the map through pathfinding?
                      You can update the "Obstacle Query Channels" on the Nav Manager to only check actors that fit the specified collision profiles. Would that work for yoU?
                      Check out my ★★★★★ UE4 plugin if you want to go fast!
                      • Feedback Event Factory: Perfect for managing sounds, particle systems, force feedback, camera shakes, time dilation, animations & more...all within a single Blueprint!

Comment

Originally posted by jvukovich View Post
                        I build with custom engine from source and threw my plugin in within my project:

Code:
                        //depot/Prizefighter/Plugins/DonAINavigation
                        Then, make sure your build.cs file looks something like this:
                        Code:
                        // Copyright 1998-2014 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

using UnrealBuildTool;

public class Prizefighter : ModuleRules
                        {
                        	public Prizefighter(TargetInfo Target)
                        	{
                        		PublicDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { "Core", "CoreUObject", "Engine", "InputCore", "GameplayTasks" });

// DoN Navigation 
                        		PrivateDependencyModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { "DonAINavigation" });
                        		PrivateIncludePathModuleNames.AddRange(new string[] { "DonAINavigation" });
                        		PublicIncludePaths.AddRange(new string[] { "DonAINavigation/Public", "DonAINavigation/Classes" });
                        	}
                        }
                        Then, make sure you generate project files again. I think that's all you need to do? It's been a while since I set it up
                        Check out my ★★★★★ UE4 plugin if you want to go fast!
                        • Feedback Event Factory: Perfect for managing sounds, particle systems, force feedback, camera shakes, time dilation, animations & more...all within a single Blueprint!

Comment

[MENTION=16186]Davixe[/MENTION]
                          Hey, this must be something to do with 4.15's "Include What You Use"compile optimization.

For now, try disabling IYWU for this plugin by going toDonAINavigation.Build.cs and setting this flag there:
                          bEnforceIWYU= false;

Btw, I don't always receive a mail notification for posts; posting in the main support thread is easier for me to find

PS: 4.16 support incoming, needs some code changes first!

Comment

4.16 version available!

Check out this post on the main support thread!

~~~

Comment

rcdarcey: thanks! Got it working.

Comment

Crash, I think when the pathfinding actor was destroyed:
                                Code:
                                [2017.07.18-03.46.26:892][953]LogWindows:Error: UE4Editor-CoreUObject.dll!FWeakObjectPtr::IsValid() [c:\dev\ue4\4.15.2\engine\source\runtime\coreuobject\private\uobject\weakobjectptr.cpp:48]
                                [2017.07.18-03.46.26:892][953]LogWindows:Error: UE4Editor-DonAINavigation.dll!UBTTask_FlyTo::TaskMemoryFromGenericPayload() [c:\dev\ascentroid\plugins\donainavigation\source\donainavigation\private\behaviortree\bttask_flyto.cpp:147]
                                [2017.07.18-03.46.26:892][953]LogWindows:Error: UE4Editor-DonAINavigation.dll!UBTTask_FlyTo::Pathfinding_OnFinish() [c:\dev\ascentroid\plugins\donainavigation\source\donainavigation\private\behaviortree\bttask_flyto.cpp:167]
                                Should (bttask_flyto.cpp line 147):
                                Code:
                                auto ownerComp = (payload && payload->OwnerComp.IsValid()) ? payload->OwnerComp.Get() : NULL;
                                Be?
                                Code:
                                auto ownerComp = (payload && payload->OwnerComp != NULL && payload->OwnerComp.IsValid()) ? payload->OwnerComp.Get() : NULL;
                                Thanks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X