[OPEN-SOURCE] Machinery Modelling Toolkit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    For some reason i cant seem to get the plugin compiled for 4.26. I did a blank project using c++ and attempted to convert over - no luck.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by pathtracer View Post

I compiled it with the standard PhysX branch, haven't tried anything with Chaos.
    Thanks for reply PathTracer.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by FlyingPencil View Post
    Which version have you been able to recompile the MMT plugin? I have been using the Preview with Chaos here without success with VL4D's work around.
    I compiled it with the standard PhysX branch, haven't tried anything with Chaos.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi VL4D and Pathtracer.

Just a question. There are 2 versions of UE 4.26 available right now, as far as I know, the standard one with PhysX still enabled, and the 4.26 Preview with Chaos enabled as the default physics. ( not the source from GitHub). Which version have you been able to recompile the MMT plugin? I have been using the Preview with Chaos here without success with VL4D's work around.

And one for BoredEngineer., Will your planned updated of the MMT plugin work with Chaos enabled physics in UE4?

Thanks ahead for the replies.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VL4D View Post

Hey, i answered how to update to 4.26

https://github.com/BoredEngineer/MMT_Plugin/issues/8
    I was going to reply that I'd already tried that, but when I double-checked I saw that I'd misspelled "PhysicsCore." Compiling with the correct spelling worked perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by pathtracer View Post
    Been trying to compile the plugin for 4.26 - first it was throwing errors asking for all the header files to be the first includes in each CPP file, which I did, but now I'm getting two more errors:

Code:
    Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) class UEnum * __cdecl Z_Construct_UEnum_PhysicsCore_EPhysicalSurface(void)" (__imp_?Z_Construct_UEnum_PhysicsCore_EPhysicalSurface@@YAPEAVUEnum@@XZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'public: static struct UE4CodeGen_Private::FBytePropertyParams const Z_Construct_UScriptStruct_FContactPointDataStruct_Statics::NewProp_PhysicalSurface''(void)" (??__E?NewProp_PhysicalSurface@Z_Construct_UScriptStruct_FContactPointDataStruct_Statics@@2UFBytePropertyParams@UE4CodeGen_Private@@B@@YAXXZ)
    and

Code:
    Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) class UClass * __cdecl Z_Construct_UClass_UPhysicalMaterial_NoRegister(void)" (__imp_?Z_Construct_UClass_UPhysicalMaterial_NoRegister@@YAPEAVUClass@@XZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'public: static struct UE4CodeGen_Private::FObjectPropertyParams const Z_Construct_UClass_UMMTSuspensionStack_Statics::NewProp_ContactPhysicalMaterial''(void)" (??__E?NewProp_ContactPhysicalMaterial@Z_Construct_UClass_UMMTSuspensionStack_Statics@@2UFObjectPropertyParams@UE4CodeGen_Private@@B@@YAXXZ)
    I tried adding PhysicsCore as a dependency to the project's build.cs, but no luck. I can compile it just fine in 4.24, not sure what's changed for 4.26
    Hey, i answered how to update to 4.26

https://github.com/BoredEngineer/MMT_Plugin/issues/8

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Been trying to compile the plugin for 4.26 - first it was throwing errors asking for all the header files to be the first includes in each CPP file, which I did, but now I'm getting two more errors:

Code:
    Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) class UEnum * __cdecl Z_Construct_UEnum_PhysicsCore_EPhysicalSurface(void)" (__imp_?Z_Construct_UEnum_PhysicsCore_EPhysicalSurface@@YAPEAVUEnum@@XZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'public: static struct UE4CodeGen_Private::FBytePropertyParams const Z_Construct_UScriptStruct_FContactPointDataStruct_Statics::NewProp_PhysicalSurface''(void)" (??__E?NewProp_PhysicalSurface@Z_Construct_UScriptStruct_FContactPointDataStruct_Statics@@2UFBytePropertyParams@UE4CodeGen_Private@@B@@YAXXZ)
    and

Code:
    Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) class UClass * __cdecl Z_Construct_UClass_UPhysicalMaterial_NoRegister(void)" (__imp_?Z_Construct_UClass_UPhysicalMaterial_NoRegister@@YAPEAVUClass@@XZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'public: static struct UE4CodeGen_Private::FObjectPropertyParams const Z_Construct_UClass_UMMTSuspensionStack_Statics::NewProp_ContactPhysicalMaterial''(void)" (??__E?NewProp_ContactPhysicalMaterial@Z_Construct_UClass_UMMTSuspensionStack_Statics@@2UFObjectPropertyParams@UE4CodeGen_Private@@B@@YAXXZ)
    I tried adding PhysicsCore as a dependency to the project's build.cs, but no luck. I can compile it just fine in 4.24, not sure what's changed for 4.26

Leave a comment:

• replied
    BoredEngineer, hi there. I have a question, it's not about the plugin (but the plugin is nice by the way). My goal is to find a way to predict physics for a ball (sphere) as good as we can in Unreal Engine.Ball can fly, roll, bounce, so there are many variables should be taken into account... Is it possible to make something like separate physics scene running on the background where i'll put initial setup, simulate this complex movement and finally return obtained data to the main game? Or any other solutions?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Can't wait for the 4.26 plugin update! : )
    Already tried to rebuild it myself, but failed... Having substeps exposed in blueprints is just so convenient.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    BoredEngineer saw your physics math posts in another thread when I was going to make my own raycast vehicle physics. When I saw this and it having a solution for substepping etc. It seems like using your system is the way to go! The functionality of these physics looks really cool. Is there any step by step instructions on how to get this going in my own project? I'm using 4.25 and tried to copy in the latest git plugins folder from MTT, it said it wasn't made for that version, tried to compile itself and failed. I've only ever worked with blueprints so not sure how to get any of this going. Any help from either the man himself or anyone here who has got it working would be much appreciated
    Keep up the good work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Bored Engineer, many thanks for sharing your talent with the world. So glad that I found your plugin.
    My tank easily gets stuck on uneven terrain. How to make the tracks loose to touch the ground to have grips. sorry for the silly question. I'm a beginner.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Lola Swift; 10-23-2020, 07:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by cvtsdmn View Post
    Will the plugin be updated for 4.26?
    When it's not a "Preview" anymore.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Will the plugin be updated for 4.26?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Good Evening. My tank keeps bouncing up and down like it's 1999. In addition it's sliding everywhere at high speed and isn't really controllable. Do you have any suggestions? If you need some photos or video just let me know. Thank you in advance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Perhaps is it because i am using 4.24? i am downgrading to 4.22 to test it further

Leave a comment:

Working...
X