Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hi, I have another question

Since the physics event tick should be the place where we call the mmt commands like addforce and addtorque, I was wondering if there is a way to call an event to perform in this physics event tick ONLY on call. Atm I have the functions which should be called placed inside the physics tick with one variable set to 0, so whenever I need this function to be called I just change the value to sth unequal to 0. But since this doesnt seem to be a very clean solution, I was wondering if there is an easy way around this "sleeping function".

Thx in advance

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, truly amazing work with this plugin. But unfortunately i might be too stupid to get the plugin working in another project. Seems like the MMT Tick is never being called.

I feel Iam missing something important but I am going nuts trying to find it.

- A reboot changed everything.... sorry for premature post

I should not have delved into such project as total newbie, but i managed to get all running with a clean build from scratch

Again thanks alot for this nice plugin
    Last edited by Brandungsfels; 07-03-2020, 11:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    master content

Leave a comment:

• replied

https://github.com/BoredEngineer/MMT_Content

Leave a comment:

• replied
    greetings again you upload the plugin for 4.25 but its request visual studio to compile could you upload or just compile the plugin to work with 4.25 as you did in 4.22 version of it would you or you just could hope you response as could you can as by evening and thanks............................................

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hello @BoredEngineer, I was wondering if I could get you're help. So I'm trying to make an ATV with tracks on them and I've tried many methods even with this system, but I've run into a lot of confusion when trying to integrate the build track and Animation system with what I have. The current system that I have set up is using a wheeled vehicle BP with one rigged mesh and that works well aside from the tracks. So could I get a bit of help with trying to figure out how to integrate this system with my ATV? Much appreciation if you can! https://youtu.be/najd-xwb5ZE

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by BoredEngineer View Post
    It's a better performant and structured code. LightTankTraceWheelsWithAnimBPPrototype is where the latest version of various tech pieces lives.
    As to moving it into a different pawn, as long as you can provide information about movement of the roadwheels, it should work.
    Thanks, I will see what I can do.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by galacticf3ar View Post
    BoredEngineer Hi, I am kinda new to unreal but I want to make the "simplest" tank simulation I can get away with [so I can have large numbers at once, among other things going on] so probably I want to go with something basic like the standard vehicle movement component as a starting point, however what I do want is a visually accurate track simulation/animation. For your various track animations that you have experimented with here, are they able to be "transplanted" to a non-MMT pawn type easily enough? And which one would you advise to use? In LightTankTraceWheelsWithAnimBPPrototype, which I believe is the one with the most advanced track animation, the function "UpdateTrackAnimationComponents" which goes into "UpdateTrackAnimation [Target is MMTTrack Animation Component]" I assume is hidden away in the plugin code itself. Is that a collapsed version of the original "Animate Treads Instanced Mesh" in "A_TrackedVehicle", or is it different/better/more performant?
    It's a better performant and structured code. LightTankTraceWheelsWithAnimBPPrototype is where the latest version of various tech pieces lives.
    As to moving it into a different pawn, as long as you can provide information about movement of the roadwheels, it should work.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    BoredEngineer Hi, I am kinda new to unreal but I want to make the "simplest" tank simulation I can get away with [so I can have large numbers at once, among other things going on] so probably I want to go with something basic like the standard vehicle movement component as a starting point, however what I do want is a visually accurate track simulation/animation. For your various track animations that you have experimented with here, are they able to be "transplanted" to a non-MMT pawn type easily enough? And which one would you advise to use? In LightTankTraceWheelsWithAnimBPPrototype, which I believe is the one with the most advanced track animation, the function "UpdateTrackAnimationComponents" which goes into "UpdateTrackAnimation [Target is MMTTrack Animation Component]" I assume is hidden away in the plugin code itself. Is that a collapsed version of the original "Animate Treads Instanced Mesh" in "A_TrackedVehicle", or is it different/better/more performant?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Master branch of the plugin is on 4.25 version now.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    greetings
    could you update to 4.25 would you its urgent .......................

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I found the solution. The problem was scaled up model and i had to regenerate the terrain, previous one was causing bugs.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes, because it's just a simple test,it doesn't matter how many points I add. I have a snowmobile which does the same thing, it runs ok and suddenly, spontanously starts to glitch everywhere. I don't know what's causing that.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    1) Single point used for friction, which means that anytime the friction is applied of the center of mass, it will add some torque
    2) The way the code is structured, can work only if "box" is oriented vertically, so if it happens to flip, you won't be able to line trace correctly anymore

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi it's me again. I'm battling with unstable physics. I'm trying to do basic friction script.

This is the basic blueprint

And Physics tick with trace

And my settings

Any idea why this might be happening?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X