X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I downloaded your project, but it says:
    " "MMT" plugin, which is not compatible with the current engine version."
    After this it says:
    "The following modules are missing or built with a different engine version: UE4Editor-MMT_Content.dll
    Would you like to rebuild them now?"
    I used yes, but it said:
    "MMT_Content could not be compiles. Try rebuilding from source manually."

What should I do? Please help
    Thx

Comment

Hello. I don't speak English very well. So sorry for the stupid question. Can i use your content for commercial target?

Comment

Originally posted by Pietro228 View Post
        Hi, I downloaded your project, but it says:
        " "MMT" plugin, which is not compatible with the current engine version."
        Use the correct engine version. The latest version of the plugin is for 4.20, so if you're using 4.21 it won't work.

Comment

RaceTheMaSe made update of plugin for 4.21:
          https://github.com/BoredEngineer/MMT_Plugin/pull/5
          So if you grab a master version and compile it, you will have a 4.21 version working.
          I'll upgrade MMT Content to 4.21 a bit later.
          Youtube Channel

Comment

Originally posted by BoredEngineer View Post
            RaceTheMaSe made update of plugin for 4.21:
            https://github.com/BoredEngineer/MMT_Plugin/pull/5
            So if you grab a master version and compile it, you will have a 4.21 version working.
            I'll upgrade MMT Content to 4.21 a bit later.
            Nice! :-) Appreciated.

Comment

I tried compile from master branch but it doesnt want to compile for 4.21, im using UE 4.21 Vs 2015.

Comment

i'm pretty sure ue4 moved onto vs2017 awhile ago

Comment

Well it does state in its release that vs2015 is still supported with 4.21 and yes it does work /compile i have successfully compiled the 4.21 version of Fmod with vs 2015 & 4.21.

Comment

Well, ok if the plugin has been compiled with vs 2017 can someone please upload a 4.21 binary branch. i cant upgrade at to 2017 do to the lack of HD space and blote that comes along with 2017, not to mention i cant buy another HD at this time, so i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Comment

ok so i got this to work, now i have a silly question, how do you setup the transmission like you know automatic transmission for a car? Am i missing something? I really just want to use this for vehicles like cars motorcycles, i dont really have any use for tanks though, any suggestions or help please, Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by porckchop View Post
                        ok so i got this to work, now i have a silly question, how do you setup the transmission like you know automatic transmission for a car? Am i missing something? I really just want to use this for vehicles like cars motorcycles, i dont really have any use for tanks though, any suggestions or help please, Thank you
                        There is no template in MMT for this. The simplest would be to make a small AI that changes gears of mechanical gearbox at the right time.
                        Youtube Channel

Comment

Ok so i have to create the logic for the gear changing than? Do i have to do the same for the rpm's to, i ask because i use fmod and i would like to setup vehicle sound with it too.

Comment

Originally posted by porckchop View Post
                            Ok so i have to create the logic for the gear changing than? Do i have to do the same for the rpm's to, i ask because i use fmod and i would like to setup vehicle sound with it too.
                            RPMs, gears and engine torque are directly related. Watch some videos to understand how it works, like this one:
                            https://youtu.be/bgGgH0j0KQE

Basically what you need to do is this:
                            1) track your wheel rpm and calculate engine rpm from it, taking into account gearbox
                            2) from engine rpm and throttle position you derive engine torque, using torque curve or some formula
                            3) now the engine torque is passed to the wheel through gear box and it’s value will change
                            4) apply new torque to the wheel, which will change its rpm
                            5) repeat cycle from 1

its important to add some logic of “neutral” gear and clutch, so engine can be accelerated to a minimal necessary rpms. Clutch is needed to connect accelerated engine to the rest of the drive train when wheels are not spinning.
                            Youtube Channel

Comment

I somehow was not able to set up the ground deformation even though I used the right material and the right capture actor. I applied it to a landscape but it didn't change but the default height where the wheels touch the ground. I used the brown tank just like in the GIF

Comment

Originally posted by kai39 View Post
                                I somehow was not able to set up the ground deformation even though I used the right material and the right capture actor. I applied it to a landscape but it didn't change but the default height where the wheels touch the ground. I used the brown tank just like in the GIF
                                A number of things have to happen in order for it to work. Displacement is done using Render to texture texture, that is prepared by “capture actor. Capture actor can see only track decals and a copy of the landscape that have a pure black material applied to it and placed somewhere under the regular landscape. So you need a copy of landscape and decals spawned for tracks.
                                Then displacement material works only near the camera to keep tesselation to minimum, so you have to be relatively close to the ground and to the vehicle to see effect.
                                Im not sure why I made it such that capture actor follows the vehicle - it makes more sense for it to follow camera.

Anyway it’s just a prototype, proper thing requires much more work. It shouldn’t require a copy of landscape and decals should be done as splines.
                                Youtube Channel

Comment

Working...
                                X