[FREE] Advanced Cinematic Grass Blueprint with 3D Imposter Sprite foliage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Fyi, the project requires substance plugin to be installed. Can't open it myself as I don't have it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How does the performance compare to e.g. the kite demo grass?

Edit: Just downloaded it, quite impressive, similar to what I was doing. Sone helpful billboard stuff in there though
    Last edited by DamirH; 01-15-2016, 01:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The grass looks sweeet. Do you have any videos showing off the zombie AI.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome work! Is there any chance you could clean up the project? Like remove folders etc. that are not needed.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I swear, One day I will be able to give back to the community. I see so many awesome things being given away, even though I don't have a direct use for it now, I'm saving it. it's such an awesome project. Thank you. Really awesome work man.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very very nice! Thanks for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Very impressive! Thanks a lot for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you !! ^^

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you so much for sharing!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    This looks great

Leave a comment:

• [FREE] Advanced Cinematic Grass Blueprint with 3D Imposter Sprite foliage

What's Up Guys,
    This was one of my first projects in Unreal Engine and I'm giving it away as a way of saying thank you! I've got a lot of great free content and helpful posts off everyone here so I thought it was time to give back to the community a little bit.

I've been working on this here and there ever since late 2015, haven't had a lot of time here lately with work and general adulting so some of the updates on this project might be hit or miss, my apologies in advance if I miss any version updates. It's a blueprint for grass using material parameter collections and material functions which can be easily applied to any other foliage or mesh and has 66 settings in all, including procedural clustering, tip of grass SSS amount, wind direction/speed/gusting, color variation and on and on. I'll be updating the project fixing any problems anybody might run into, putting things into easier to use functions (The wind mechanic for example), increasing performance with the use of polygonal grass rather than texture cards, also adding descriptions to each parameter in the BP after some time.

It comes with foliage that uses 3D Imposter sprites for the LOD 1 (this helps a LOT with frame rate when using a whole bunch of trees or any high poly mesh) and some simple modular house stuff that I made to go with it. As well as the grass blueprint itself, other spline meshes, home made textures, Parallax Occluded clouds and a alpine style terrain.

I have to give props to a couple of companies in this for using some of their stuff: for some of the terrain and world textures - the kite demo (Epic), for the houses and road - textures.com.

Here's a video cinematically showcasing the blueprint, and a short tutorial below that too. Below ALL OF THAT is a link with a game ready version of everything (Version 1.4 for Unreal Engine 4.23.1), Enjoy

Download Link:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=180...Gm0La1QZVURAf3

Trello Board:
    https://trello.com/b/PAtIiXgu/advanced-grass-blueprint

*As a note, this requires at least Engine version 4.23.1 or above to open the project.
    Last edited by Aaron-Neal; 05-06-2020, 10:08 AM.
Working...
X