Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hi Aaron.

When I apply the layerinfo to my landscape, the grass crawls all over the mountain...

How can I stop it from doing this?

Yours:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	yourmountain.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	169.6 KB
ID:	1101509

Mine: see grass covering mountain like lichen... I'm not liken' it...

Name:	MyMountain.jpg
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	1101508
    Last edited by R.Achmann; 02-29-2016, 11:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I love you man.

You should make sort of a final version (maybe with some flowers and bush) and apply for an UE grant.

Or make it some sort of a enviroment creation plugin and sell it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks nice; Going to play with it later.

Any objections to me putting it up on our server as another mirror?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    wow this is incredible. I wonder how long it would take me to reach this kind of skill level lol.

Thank you for this.

Question, I wanted to use your meshes, and textures etc with my own existing project. The issue I'm having is if open my project ex "Ue4 Test" and I can see your GrassBlueprint project folder in my content browser, i double click to open say one of your grass static meshes, it opens but there is no material or anything, just a blank object, like this:

Name:	Untitled.png
Size:	753.2 KB
ID:	1100978

but if I launch the GrassBlueprint project itself, everything is fine, and i'm blown away by how badass it all looks.

Why is that? I'm using v4.10.3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Woolper G View Post
    Hey bro! just a quick question... is there any way to remove the grass of a place?

I want to put a mesh like a highway but the grass is taller than the road D:

Thanks for all, keep up the good work!
    Yep, but you'd have to add a mask for the spot that you don't want any grass on (I'm assuming you're talking about the procedural grass placed across the whole terrain) within the Terrain material itself. The easiest way would probably be to paint a different layer on the terrain where you want to mask it out using the terrain layer painting tool then multiplying the inverse of that by the mask used for procedural foliage in the material...or just subtract it.

There are a couple of layers already offered in the project or you can create your own. There are plenty of tutorials online showing how to mess with the terrain layer system and it's really a piece of cake once you get the hang of it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey bro! just a quick question... is there any way to remove the grass of a place?

I want to put a mesh like a highway but the grass is taller than the road D:

Thanks for all, keep up the good work!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Xizqu View Post
    Post to stay updated. But this is an amazing project nonetheless. Looking forward to a gpu friendlier version since we have the same card lol
    It'll still be a couple weeks at least. Between this, other projects, and my day to day job, my time is stretched pretty thin. Yeah I've gotta update that card here soon lol, sucks that tigerdirect pretty much shut down, was getting all my computer parts from there.

Originally posted by Stevelois View Post
    Amazing work! I've made a post at my blog today

You might want to add this v. 1.1 download mirror to your OP
    Thanks man, really appreciate the blog post and mirror, will update the OP

Originally posted by reedandrader View Post
    Amazing!

Can you post the cinematic version as well? Framerates be damned.
    I will if I can find the project with it in it, but sadly, I'm thinking it's gone forever because I've reformatted and lost everything but stuff that was on a back up drive and online already. I'll look though.

The cinematics shouldn't be too hard to recreate, if you're curious about them. It was just using time lines, delays, LERPs, and material parameter collections to change everything ya seen in the video. That and Matinee to move the text around, Blender to create the text, and covering the terrain in an absurdly dense amount of grass.
    Last edited by Aaron-Neal; 02-11-2016, 06:27 AM. Reason: Forgot to add some stuff

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Amazing!

Can you post the cinematic version as well? Framerates be damned.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh man, this is the bees knees.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Such a great share. Amazing work Aaron. Maybe eventually someone will make a good landscape material height slope blend blueprint. Why that hasn't already been integrated in the engine is beyond me. The answer I've heard is Epic doesn't want to limit your blend options. How about make it an option to use or not to use. How is that limiting us? I'm sure it will never happen though. Enough with the ranting. Lol. Thanks again for this wonderful share.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Amazing work! I've made a post at my blog today

You might want to add this v. 1.1 download mirror to your OP

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Post to stay updated. But this is an amazing project nonetheless. Looking forward to a gpu friendlier version since we have the same card lol

Leave a comment:

• replied
    its awesome ,, thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks a lot, this is really awesome!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by AaronWith2As View Post
    Oh forgot to tell ya, if you're adding this to a completely new project there are a couple of setup things you must do. You have to add these three nodes to your LEVEL BP because of the way the tool is saving settings for the presets...like this. That should fix the problem with it looking weird on play.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76499[/ATTACH]

Now, to fix the issue with the all black meshes when you first load it into a new map, either goto the function name of the preset you're trying to change and reset all values back to default (the little yellow arrows to the right of each setting) or simply copy and paste the array from the "Saved Values (Minimize)" category...from the demo map I gave you, to the new map you created.

MAKE SURE you're not on that preset when you paste them in or nothing will happen...cuz it's just overwriting the new settings with the zeroed out ones. Once you pasted them in, goto the preset in the Function Name tab that you just changed and every thing should be like it was in the demo for that preset.

For example, if I wanted to change Wind Instance 4 and make it look like it did in the demo map...I would simply do this...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76505[/ATTACH]
    Got it working... THANK YOU VERY MUCH Sir... thats amazing !!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X