[FREE] Advanced Cinematic Grass Blueprint with 3D Imposter Sprite foliage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AaronWith2As View Post
    Yep, still on the table, just gotta finish up some of the turn animations, get all the random anim stuff working across all the models, and make a finalized area where I can showcase them. If anyone wants to help with the finalized area just message me and I can send you the DL link of the almost finished setup.
    Alright, great to hear. If you still need help that's alright. i have some spare time the upcoming few days. could throw something together. =)

Comment

Originally posted by TimSkijwalker View Post
      Alright, great to hear. If you still need help that's alright. i have some spare time the upcoming few days. could throw something together. =)
      That'd be really awesome was thinking something scifi...like an outbreak scene, or it's whatever you wanna do really. I'll send you the link in the morning (early after noon probably, it's 5:30 am right now and kinda pulled an all nighter) after I wake up and cut the file size down.

Comment

amazing work Aaron the grass looks awesome and the wind blueprint is a work of art! Performance is great as well i'm getting around 150 fps @ 1080p epic settings on my 980ti golden sample @1550mhz
        CEO of Prydetech

https://www.artstation.com/ixicalibur

Originally posted by ixicalibur
        Here you go, this is a link to every tutorial you could ever need plus instructions to access all the collective knowledge of mankind: [Super massive awesome link that every amazing game developer uses to instantly learn to be super awesome at making stuff]

Comment

Extremely great work and EXTREMELY generous of you. Thankyou!

Comment

Downloaded and trying to get through the options, would it be possible to give a general run down if how it functions overall? Does the wind BP function with other foliage meshes? Sorry I'm a BP noob.
            Massive thank you though. If I can figure it out I may use it for some of my game.
            Regards
            Slinky

Comment

Originally posted by SlinkyMuffins View Post
              Downloaded and trying to get through the options, would it be possible to give a general run down if how it functions overall? Does the wind BP function with other foliage meshes? Sorry I'm a BP noob.
              Massive thank you though. If I can figure it out I may use it for some of my game.
              Regards
              Slinky
              Sure, I've been meaning to write a kind of tutorial on all of it but been busy with other stuff here lately.

How to Use This With Any Mesh/Material

The blueprint can be used with any mesh and texture....like how the cloth mesh in the video, it's utilizing the procedural made wind from the blueprint/material function combo.

Within the "Advanced Wind" blueprint you'll find a setting called "Function Name" in the details panel, from there you can pick between wind instance 1 through 5. Each one is tied to a material function node called Advanced-Grass-Blueprint-Preset-1, or Advanced-Grass-Blueprint-Preset-2 ect. ect.

The function nodes can be found within the contents/grassblueprint/functions/advanced_wind/newestiterations folder within the project (I know, horrible place to hide something important like that lol, an oversight on my part and will be changed with the update).

Click image for larger version

Name:	Blueprint Function Circled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	557.7 KB
ID:	1099658

Simply place one of the function nodes within a material that you want the 66 settings for, hook the function node up (it's simple to plug it all in, I made it that way for ease of use, and the output named "grounding information to grass push" on the node isn't necessary). Then goto that preset in the blueprint "function name" and you can change the settings till your hearts content.

Name:	Material Function Circled.jpg
Size:	458.9 KB
ID:	1099655

As a note though and kind of an error sometimes when it's starting out on a new material or map, you may have to press the reset to default button next to each setting in the blueprint details panel, cause they sometimes all zero out and it turns the mesh black for some reason when you first hook it up to something new...lookin into it.

Hopefully I explained that all in a way that's understandable, it's simply hooking up a single function node and then tinkering with the settings within the detail panel of the blueprint that's connected to that node. I'll have a more detailed description for what each setting does here soon in the blueprint, just have a whole lotta projects going on at once over here right now.

I basically use this for all my bushes, trees, cloth and grass types and it seems to work great...plus I think it's nice to have it all manageable from one place after the function node is hooked up. Any settings you're curious about, or problems you might run into, just let me know and I'll give a quick response until I can fully update the detailed description for each setting.
              Last edited by AaronWith2As; 01-31-2016, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Ah thanks that's given me a starting place to guddle around with!

Regards

Slinky

Comment

Hello guys, first I just want to say thank you. This is one of the best free projects ever. Now I ran into a problem.
                  Lets take a look on the picture.

On the right, Aarons original. On the left a completely new level with Aarons map inside (landscape + "Terrain-Material-INST").
                  Well the grass is generated automatically but look at the colors and the models. I really like the grass of the demo scene and wanted to use it.
                  I really don't know how to switch the grass models/colors to the one used in the demo.
                  So I decided to drag in the "AdvancedWindBP". It looks like this now
                  Maybe someone knows how to fix this. I also wondering how to add this depth of field effect youre using?

Sorry for asking this many questions and thank you for your help

UPDATE:
                  Got it fixed. had to change the GrassType in "OtherFoliageAndTerrain". Picked "SuperGrass2".
                  Now i ran into another problem
                  This is the editor view:

And this after hitting play ? The grass changed into another grass mech. After closing the viewport, the editor shows grass like the choosen mech... strange ?

Attached Files
                  Last edited by 3HMonkey; 01-31-2016, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Oh forgot to tell ya, if you're adding this to a completely new project there are a couple of setup things you must do. You have to add these three nodes to your LEVEL BP because of the way the tool is saving settings for the presets...like this. That should fix the problem with it looking weird on play.

Name:	Level Blueprint.jpg
Size:	516.0 KB
ID:	1099663

Now, to fix the issue with the all black meshes when you first load it into a new map, either goto the function name of the preset you're trying to change and reset all values back to default (the little yellow arrows to the right of each setting) or simply copy and paste the array from the "Saved Values (Minimize)" category...from the demo map I gave you, to the new map you created.

MAKE SURE you're not on that preset when you paste them in or nothing will happen...cuz it's just overwriting the new settings with the zeroed out ones. Once you pasted them in, goto the preset in the Function Name tab that you just changed and every thing should be like it was in the demo for that preset.

For example, if I wanted to change Wind Instance 4 and make it look like it did in the demo map...I would simply do this...

Name:	Transfering Saved Settings.jpg
Size:	629.6 KB
ID:	1099667
                    Last edited by AaronWith2As; 01-31-2016, 05:14 PM.

Comment

The download link is not working

Comment

Here, try this one http://www.mediafire.com/download/go...eprintV1.1.rar thanks for the feedback Dropbox is kinda **** for sharing files come to find out lol.

Comment

Originally posted by AaronWith2As View Post
                          Oh forgot to tell ya, if you're adding this to a completely new project there are a couple of setup things you must do. You have to add these three nodes to your LEVEL BP because of the way the tool is saving settings for the presets...like this. That should fix the problem with it looking weird on play.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76499[/ATTACH]

Now, to fix the issue with the all black meshes when you first load it into a new map, either goto the function name of the preset you're trying to change and reset all values back to default (the little yellow arrows to the right of each setting) or simply copy and paste the array from the "Saved Values (Minimize)" category...from the demo map I gave you, to the new map you created.

MAKE SURE you're not on that preset when you paste them in or nothing will happen...cuz it's just overwriting the new settings with the zeroed out ones. Once you pasted them in, goto the preset in the Function Name tab that you just changed and every thing should be like it was in the demo for that preset.

For example, if I wanted to change Wind Instance 4 and make it look like it did in the demo map...I would simply do this...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76505[/ATTACH]
                          Got it working... THANK YOU VERY MUCH Sir... thats amazing !!!!

Comment

Thanks a lot, this is really awesome!

Comment

its awesome ,, thanks

Comment

Post to stay updated. But this is an amazing project nonetheless. Looking forward to a gpu friendlier version since we have the same card lol

Comment

Working...
                                X