Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Hey guys,
    Didn't realize there were this many comments on here, thought it would notify me through email or something. Regardless sorry for the lack of support here lately...now it's time to get back to work. Went ahead and updated the project to 4.14 (EDITED: it now works with 4.23) as well as fixing the problem when migrating it to a new project, and the problem it had upon play where the grass would show up all crazy. Fixed the issue with 4.14 where the trees would be all HUGE and look weird. Added Parallax Occluded clouds with the scene too, but still a work in progress, as they follow the camera around a bit at the moment, just a lil bit more tweaking

Anyways, check it out V1.3 (V 1.4 now). Thanks for the huge support guys, I appreciate it!

Download Link:
    Version 1.4: https://drive.google.com/open?id=180...Gm0La1QZVURAf3
    Last edited by Aaron-Neal; 05-06-2020, 09:01 AM. Reason: Edited for update

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is there a way to prevent procedural grass in controlled spaces? I have the grass installed but would like to put a road through it. Thanks!

EDIT: Apologies. I just re-read this thread and found the answer.
    Last edited by levallo; 01-25-2017, 04:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by sbnewsom View Post
    Started using this and boy does it look gorgeous! Except when you play your game. It looks great with the blueprint in the level and settings applied, but when you play the game, the grass resets to default, exactly like the grass in Eddie's screenshot.

Why doesn't this work? Sadly, based on the lack of support, I can't risk waiting around for an answer.
    go back a few posts and it literally explains how to set up how to load your settings on play

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by EddieChristian View Post
    I just started to do your 1.2 Tutorial and wanted to let you know it showed one error during migration to a new project. "Error /Game/Finished_ProjectBP/Meshes/SuperGrass does not exist on disk."

Thanks for this Amazing tool!!!

So I just hit play and my Green grass radically changes colors during play:
    [Attachment]

How do I fix this???

Sorry to keep adding to the post. I just tried to add super grass 5 and it shows in the editor but when you hit play it turns it into super grass 4. which is the first grass I applied.
    Well I sorta solved my problem. There is a Custom Event in the Event Graph of AdvancedWindBP that is named OnPlay. This event doesn't get called whatsoever, so the OnloadSettings event just gets stuck on a closed DoOnce. I solved the problem by adding an EventBeginPlay below OnPlay and plugged that into the Sequence node after the DoOnce. Now the settings apply correctly to the Grass in-game.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Empty.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	1119122

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Started using this and boy does it look gorgeous! Except when you play your game. It looks great with the blueprint in the level and settings applied, but when you play the game, the grass resets to default, exactly like the grass in Eddie's screenshot.

Why doesn't this work? Sadly, based on the lack of support, I can't risk waiting around for an answer.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi

Thank you for this awesome texture!

I am a graduate student in the college of architecture trying to learn unreal for my master's thesis. I am new to this program but want to create an environment that looks as real as possible. I believe this grass would be an excellent option for the project. I know you mentioned releasing tutorials on how to use this and was wondering if you have already? (I did not see any on your youtube channel). I have the demo opened but am not sure how to apply the texture to the world. Do you assign the landscape to the blueprint or as a material? Is this texture extremely advanced for new users?

Any help is appreciated even if it is just simply resources to other tutorials.

Thank you again for releasing this texture!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So 11 days later I am still wondering how to get rid of the orange grass. Any ideas on the issue????

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I just started to do your 1.2 Tutorial and wanted to let you know it showed one error during migration to a new project. "Error /Game/Finished_ProjectBP/Meshes/SuperGrass does not exist on disk."

Thanks for this Amazing tool!!!

So I just hit play and my Green grass radically changes colors during play:

Name:	Eddie_Unreal_Island_Demo_003_SMALL.jpg
Size:	430.4 KB
ID:	1117611

How do I fix this???

Sorry to keep adding to the post. I just tried to add super grass 5 and it shows in the editor but when you hit play it turns it into super grass 4. which is the first grass I applied.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by EddieChristian; 10-27-2016, 11:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi thanks for the free assets!

Though when i try to use it, it's telling me there is UV overlapping and the wind cast dark shadows. It is strange because i seem to be the only one experiencing it? (UE4 4.13)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    [MENTION=66934]AaronWith2As[/MENTION] I'm really interested in this image below any ides of releasing it? also i;m getting a black landscape texture after updating to 4.13 using your terrain mat. thanks

Name:	New Foliage Screen Shot3.jpg
Size:	724.2 KB
ID:	1102369

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by spacegojira View Post
    Oh never mind, I just realized the grass with all the dependend stuff is only about 60mb. Sorry for my first comment (maybe a mod can delete it?). And thanks for the great work! (:
    You can delete your own comments, IIRC, just go to edit post and look at the bottom right.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Oh never mind, I just realized the grass with all the dependend stuff is only about 60mb. Sorry for my first comment (maybe a mod can delete it?). And thanks for the great work! (:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    can I use this commercially?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Got it looking real nice

Now I need to try and access the grass colour values so I can use it on the terrain material to smooth out the transition from grass -> no grass.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Got it all working, very nice

I don't see a license on here, do you mind if I include your grass in my procedural terrain prpject? With credit obviously. It's a free plug-in for the community which I'm releasing under the MIT license, see thread :

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...orld-Generator
    Last edited by mid_gen; 08-31-2016, 04:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X