No announcement yet.

[FREE] Advanced Cinematic Grass Blueprint with 3D Imposter Sprite foliage

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love your grass shaders! Thanks for making it available and free!

Comment

That's awesome, thanks for sharing.

Comment

I get a damaged file error. Any other way to download this?

Comment

This is amazing, thank you soo much for sharing.
          also, that zombie Ai stuff sounds really cool. would love to see it.

Comment

really good work! Thumbs up!

Comment

Originally posted by AaronWith2As View Post
              Wrekk - Yep I'll clean up the extra useless folders and reupload it after I fix it needing a substance plugin in order to use it too. For some reason, when I delete the folders and even fix up redirects through the editor, the folders magically and mysteriously keep re-appearing after restart, so I'll just have to do it manually this time.
              Yeah, I have the same problem, and it has been there for a while. But I'm glad you're taking your time to do this, so thanks!

Comment

That is some serious grass.
                Well done
                Interested in performance impact as well.
                Rule#21: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Comment

Really looking forward to the cleaned up version! Looks amazing.

Marketplace Assets:

SCANDINAVIAN NATURE AMBIENCE
                  PECULIAR MATERIALS 1

Comment

That looks really nice. I've gone to great lengths to ensure our grass looks real with minimal performance impact. Really interested in how this performs.
                    I've been thinking of redoing mine for a while and implementing a way of not only bending when players walk though it but also store it so it keeps down wherever any player have walked. Do you have anything like that implemented? I'm worried the way we have been thinking of doing it would kill server performance.

Comment

Video looks great. Will test this out soon. Thanks a lot dude.
                      Free stuff available soon, my domaim got squatters

Comment

Originally posted by michaeleeli View Post
                        Before even trying this out, I already like the way you did the demo video =)! How long did that video take you to make?
                        Thanks, I tried to make it as cinematic as I could. I think it was aboooout, I wanna say around 7 hours worth of work.

Originally posted by leemarcus27 View Post
                        I get a damaged file error. Any other way to download this?
                        Oh no, that's not good...can anybody else verify this? Have you tried redownloading it yet? Are you using WinRar to unpack it? If it's a problem with dropbox, I'll reupload it somewhere else.

Originally posted by Sitrec View Post
                        That looks really nice. I've gone to great lengths to ensure our grass looks real with minimal performance impact. Really interested in how this performs.
                        I've been thinking of redoing mine for a while and implementing a way of not only bending when players walk though it but also store it so it keeps down wherever any player have walked. Do you have anything like that implemented? I'm worried the way we have been thinking of doing it would kill server performance.

Have you tried using the Canvas Render Target 2D to draw to a texture, and save that as a sort of "push down mask"...I don't know the performance impact on that yet, streaming it across the server and all, but it may work for ya to record where the player's been. Check this out, something I've been working on but I had to do it using math, line trace can't get UV coords...but according to some posts on here it can if you code it in with C++...which I haven't done yet. I think it'd be pretty sweet to use it with some sort of grass offset push down effect, even fading it over time.

Wanting to use this to create a grass stomp mask
                        Last edited by AaronWith2As; 01-20-2016, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Version 1.1

Ok, so I've updated and reuploaded the project for you all. Fixed the problem it had where it required the Substance Plugin in order to open the project, and I manually deleted all the pointless folders that were just cluttering it all up.

To Kris, Sitrec, and anyone else wondering about performance...here's some specs from the project and the performance I'm getting with it.

Specs & Performance
                          Amount of Foliage instances on the terrain
                          46 Bushes
                          407 instances of Tall Grass
                          2.71k of Small Grass Type 1
                          17.2k Medium Grass Instances
                          5.54k Pine Trees
                          150+k Small Grass Type 2 Instances (I don't know the exact number because the entire terrain is over half covered in it with procedural foliage placement)

I'm getting 27 to 47 FPS on my crappy 2GB 650TI GTX with 16 GB ram within editor. Another Dev is getting 150 fps @ 1080p epic settings though on his 980ti golden sample...I really need to get me a new card lol.

I'll be adding and updating higher quality grass textures using fiber mesh in ZBrush in the near future. As this blueprint is meant for more mid to high range rigs, I will be breaking some of the parts of it into separate material functions too, when I get the time, for those of you who want an even more performance friendly version. Stay tuned.
                          Last edited by AaronWith2As; 01-31-2016, 04:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AaronWith2As View Post
                            I'll have some performance specs in the next post for anybody who's interested. On the whole collision and pushing down thing, I haven't been able to make anything I'm perfectly happy with on that front yet, but I'll put it into the pack when I get there.

Was using a bubble normal which followed the player around and world position offseted the grass to look like it's pushed down to save on performance rather than having collision for each grass instance, but didn't like it so much...still some tweaking.

Have you tried using the Canvas Render Target 2D to draw to a texture, and save that as a sort of "push down mask"...I don't know the performance impact on that yet, streaming it across the server and all, but it may work for ya to record where the player's been. Check this out, something I've been working on but I had to do it using math, line trace can't get UV coords...but according to some posts on here it can if you code it in with C++...which I haven't done yet. I think it'd be pretty sweet to use it with some sort of grass offset push down effect, even fading it over time.

Wanting to use this to create a grass stomp mask
                            Great idea. I'll look into it. Thanks!

Comment

Wauw awesome, thank you soo much for the update. would also still love to see that zombie bp released. is that still a thing or is it off the table? =D

thanks aga

Comment

Originally posted by TimSkijwalker View Post
                                Wauw awesome, thank you soo much for the update. would also still love to see that zombie bp released. is that still a thing or is it off the table? =D

thanks aga
                                Yep, still on the table, just gotta finish up some of the turn animations, get all the random anim stuff working across all the models, and make a finalized area where I can showcase them. If anyone wants to help with the finalized area just message me and I can send you the DL link of the almost finished setup.

Comment

Working...
                                X