No announcement yet.

Seamless, Proper Loading Screens! [Play Movies, Audio & Animated Widgets!]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, thanks for sharing! I've been looking at several different ways of doing this, and this is by far the best method I've seen.

Comment

I have this working and it's great! One thing to note is that it does not seem to work in PIE - so I actually had it working long before I knew I had it working... As long as you run in standalone all is groovy. Many thanks to the author!!

Comment

I do have one question though. In the FLoadingScreenAttributes struct, it says that the WidgetLoadingScreen can be used to display a custom widget during loading. Can this be used with a UMG widget or is this a Slate widget? If it can be used with UMG can you provide info on how this is done? -- Thanks, Jake.

Comment

antsonthetree, Yes, this can be used with UMG widget:
          Code:
          UUserWidget* LoadingWidget; // Pointer to your UMG widget

FLoadingScreenAttributes LoadingScreen;
          LoadingScreen.WidgetLoadingScreen = LoadingWidget->TakeWidget();

Comment

Thanks for sharing this.

But i have no clue abaout C++. 8 years ago a coded in C (or LIITE-C), but i forgot all. Your WIKI is good, but i don't know, in what files i have to put that code. Can you explain this with Little more Detail please? Thank you.
            01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01110100 01110010 01110101 01110100 01101000 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01101111 01110101 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010 01100101 00101110 00100000 01010100 01110010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01101110 01101111 00110001 00100001 00100000

Comment

Thanks, i am learning UMG

Comment

Originally posted by Elvince View Post
                Thanks for the sharing.

What happen in case of SeamLess Travel? Is it drawing your loading screen?
                Yeah, should do!

Originally posted by antsonthetree View Post
                One thing to note is that it does not seem to work in PIE!
                Yeah that's right, though you probably want that most of the time, especially if you're using movies instead of loading screens It will work if you are in a PIE session and type 'OpenLevel' into the console though, and move to a new world during a PIE session.

Originally posted by Beregron View Post
                But i have no clue abaout C++. 8 years ago a coded in C (or LIITE-C), but i forgot all. Your WIKI is good, but i don't know, in what files i have to put that code. Can you explain this with Little more Detail please? Thank you.
                I've made it as simple as possible and explained all the steps as best as possible without being pedantic, you can pretty much copy-paste the code. I would suggest following some other basic C++ tutorials if you still aren't confident, since this isn't really a C++ tutorial as such.
                Last edited by TheJamsh; 01-14-2016, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Hi! really thanks for sharing it!
                  I have a question - we had a problem with cooking movies - it was working only on computer where it has been cooked. On other machines we havnt got it. And if it is taking movies not directly from content - is there any solution for this??

Thx
                  Aleksander Caban

Comment

Thanks for the tutorial! I managed to set up a nice little custom widget to show up when a level is loading. I'm having some issues with crashes though. Have very little understanding of memory management but from what I've gathered, the GC picks up something it shouldn't, and either the GC or the render thread result in a fatal error. Anyone had any similar trouble with using custom widgets for this?

edit: it's probably not the GC thing. I get the same callstack as in here: https://answers.unrealengine.com/que...crash-410.html
                    Last edited by v0j4; 01-19-2016, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Got an error ( GetMoviePlayer() not found ) . Compiling with VS2015.

Do I need to include something for the cpp?

Edit: Ah I had to include #include "MediaPlayer.h" in the cpp.

So Im a bit new to c++ ... I made some functions in c++ but I still not know how to play with this system a Movie or Widget.
                      Last edited by TheTrueBander; 01-19-2016, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kaban View Post
                        Hi! really thanks for sharing it!
                        I have a question - we had a problem with cooking movies - it was working only on computer where it has been cooked. On other machines we havnt got it. And if it is taking movies not directly from content - is there any solution for this??

Thx
                        Aleksander Caban
                        Hey Aleksander.

In order for movies to be included by the cooker they have to be in a 'Movies' folder in the content directory. No other directory will pick them up I'm afraid! Double check you have that and let me know if there's still an issue!

Comment

Still learning C++ here as well and unfortunately cannot fill in the blanks.

I get the error "identifier "FLoadingScreenAttributes" is undefined.

Does this struct have to be declared somewhere?

Edit: Okay, just needed #include "MoviePlayer.h"
                          Last edited by Rhynedahll; 01-22-2016, 03:15 PM.

WIP Thread

Comment

quick question: Is possible to use a FLoadingScreenAttributes and GetMoviePlayer() during a Seamless Travel + Transition Map? I can't do it on my tests.

Thx.

Comment

Hey everyone, have updated the original Wiki article with a link to Nick Darnell's plugin version!

https://github.com/ue4plugins/LoadingScreen

Comment

Hey TheJamsh,
                                Just wanted to say thanks. I've finally got a UMG loading screen working.

Comment

Working...
                                X