Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

eXi's Sound Visualization Plugin (works in cooked builds)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLUGIN] eXi's Sound Visualization Plugin (works in cooked builds)

Hey there!

The 4.16 and all older Versions are finally out! (: And of course it's still FREE!

(But you can DONATE! to me if you want (: )

If you want to know more, make sure to watch the videos beneath and read the tutorial on how to use and install it!

Download 4.16 from the Downloadlink via Github: Hit me! (Download ZIP on the upper right)
    Download 4.15 from the Downloadlink via Github: Hit me! (Download ZIP on the upper right)
    Download 4.14 from the Downloadlink via Github: Hit me! (Download ZIP on the upper right)
    Download 4.13 from the Downloadlink via Github: Hit me! (Download ZIP on the upper right)
    Download 4.12 from the Downloadlink via Github: Hit me! (Download ZIP on the upper right)
    Download 4.11 from the Downloadlink via Github: Hit me! (Download ZIP on the upper right)
    Download 4.10 from the Downloadlink via Github: Hit me! (Download ZIP on the upper right)

Make sure to scroll down and read the instructions tab!

Videos (4.10 Version, but still showing what it can do):

Spoiler

Known Issues:

Issue:

When closing the Editor (or the Game/Project) in the process of Loading and Decompressing a File, you will find yourself crashing.
    This is due to Pointers being cleared that the Decompress Stuff (inside of the Engine) needs.

Solution:

For now, don't close while decompressing. I can't change the way the Engine Decompresses stuff ):

FAQ:

Spoiler

Feature list and pictures of available nodes (4.11/4.12):

- Load .ogg file from HDD
    - Load sound names and file paths from HDD to display list of sound
    - Get frequency spectrum of a loaded Sound
    - Get specific frequency values by using the calculated frequency spectrum
    - Start/Pause/Resume/Stop your Sound and Frequency Calculation through the build in Player
    - And more. See Extended Feature-List.

Extended Feature-List with Pictures: Click me!

Instructions via GitHub Readme::

Click me and read me!

Example usage:

Really short video in my twitter post (4.11): Hit me!
    Really short video in my twitter post (4.10): Hit me!

If something is not clear or what ever please just post here and i will try to change it (:
    Last edited by eXi; 06-04-2017, 05:48 AM.
    Open for contracted work | Blueprints | UE4++/C++ | Training | VR | My Website

My UE4 Blog/Page with Free Learning Projects and more: Hit me for ALL the things!

BP Multiplayer Lobby System: [Released] Support Thread! | BP Multiplayer Crafting System: [Released] Support Thread!

10/10 flawless victory; I have no words. Good job!
    KITATUS
    "Information shouldn't be behind a paywall, It should be free for all!"

Comment

This looks really promising. Can't wait to try it out in a project!
      Unreal Slackers - A Discord community for Unreal Engine users http://unrealslackers.org/

Comment

perfect, thanks

Comment

Awesome work eXi!
          Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Plugin of the month! Really cool

Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
            Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

Comment

Here is a quite cool showcase video:

And another one:

Last edited by eXi; 12-21-2015, 06:22 PM.

My UE4 Blog/Page with Free Learning Projects and more: Hit me for ALL the things!

BP Multiplayer Lobby System: [Released] Support Thread! | BP Multiplayer Crafting System: [Released] Support Thread!

Comment

This is great and I can't wait to use it!
                Columbus Ohio Unreal Meetup
                @OCGameStudio | Sphere Complex | twitch.tv/WFMOz

Comment

Thanks for the free package, I've been in need for something like this for ages. However, when I try to run your example with any .ogg song it doesn't work, the cubes height only updates once. Do you know why this might happen? (I haven't modified anything other than the song path for my own song.)

EDIT: Nvm, seems to be a PIE bug (it only works once, then I have to restart the engine) as it works as expected when playing on standalone game.
                  Last edited by DylanVelezDev; 12-22-2015, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Oh yeah it's an PIE bug. I'm sorry, i was so focused on getting the release done, that i haven't put up a "Known Issues" page.

Here you go:

Issue:
                    In PIE (and i don't know why yet), when you press stop, and then Play again, you need to load the song a second time.

So AFTER pressing Stop and Play, the FIRST loading doesn't work. I guess this is due to some pointer management and the fact that the PIE
                    does not completely shutdown. In your Packaged Game, the Problem will no be there, since the game either runs or not.

Solution:
                    Just load the song a second time, when using PIE and after stopping the game, and it should work again!
                    This is only needed if you played and stopped. After you hit Play again and loaded the song twice, the next songs will
                    work normally until you stop it again. But as i said, only a PIE bug right now.
                    Last edited by eXi; 12-22-2015, 07:19 AM.

Comment

hey exi,

do i need ue 4.10 to run your tutorial? when i want to run it with 4.9.2 it starts compiling, when finished the editor crashes on loading the project. thx
                      Last edited by olek; 12-23-2015, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Yop, the Plugin is compiled in 4.10.

I can try to compile it for 4.9, but that has to wait till after Christmas (:

Comment

cool thanks, i would like to use it with galaxyman's nvidia gameworks branch. he isnt ready with 4.10 so if it isnt to much of a hassle it would be really cool to have the plug working with 4.9.2. btw the plugin is working great with 4.10. thx again and have a nice xmas.

Comment

Would you mind trying out this 4.9.2 Version?

I don't know if that really worked, because it went "too" well

https://github.com/eXifreXi/eXiSoundVis4_9_2

Comment

Working...
                            X