[Tutorial Preview] Gore Mesh & Dismemberment Tutorial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by n00854180t View Post
    Yeah I think it doesn't have the code it needs in the engine to determine which skeletal meshes should be used in the unbroken state.
    Yeah thats what ive figured.. as a Moderator what do you think is best avenue to get proper Bonebreak functionality requested and exposed by EPIC? As of now UE4 has no comparable system for non fatal dismemberment and i know it was on the `to do` list back in the beta program roadmap. Sadly, it seems to have disappeared from the radar completely now.

Whats currently exposed as `Bonebreak`feels broken and useless for project use. It is misleading from the more robust UDK Bonebreak functionality for dismemberments.

Can you point me in the right direction?
    Last edited by -SP-; 12-29-2015, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Well I don't know about getting BoneBreak added to the engine (best way to do that is just to make a request thread in the feedback forum), but if you're able/willing to make some wound art you could use the L4D2 style system I mentioned in this thread, as the last kinks have been worked out from it, but it needs a specific type of wound mesh built to utilize it (though you can use the same set of wound meshes for multiple characters).
      Storyteller - An immersive VR audiobook player

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Curious what the state of the tutorials for this plugin might be. Played around with it for a minute but nothing much happens when I attach this script to a blueprintified character:

Click image for larger version

Name:	NewIOwx.png
Views:	1
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	1101316

This successfully prints out a plausible location for the bone, but the dude just stands there, intact. I'm enough of a UE4 noob that this is surely due to my failure to properly prepare the mesh or something, but I'm not sure what steps I should take to correct this. Anyone have a clue?

Comment

It works fine, at least for me. I have also connected return value from 'Get bone location' to Impact location, not sure if that can make a difference.
          This is very useful plugin btw, any chance to update it to 4.11?

Comment

Originally posted by jeff_lamarche View Post
            I didn't expect the level of interest in this. I've gone ahead and created a plugin that gives Blueprint users the ability to do bone breaks.

You can download it here:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...BonePlugin.zip

To install it, just create a folder called "Plugins" in your project folder (if it doesn't have one already) and then unzip that and drag the BoneBreak folder into the Plugins folder. The plugin adds two new blueprint nodes:

The Bone Break node does the actual… well… bone break, in case that wasn't obvious. The first two pins are required. The first pin is the skeletal mesh to perform the bone break on. The second pin is the name of the bone to break off. If you want to apply force to the bone as it breaks, you can populate Impact Location and Force using data. You likely want to calculate this based on Hit Result data. The final boolean is experimental and untested, but allows you to ragdoll the broken part of the mesh. This is for situations where you break off a bone like the upper arm. There are two joints that make up the arm that you may want to be controlled by the physics system. Setting this to true should cause that to happen.

If you need the location of a bone for any reason, you can use the second node this plugin adds: the Get Bone Location node. It takes a skeletal mesh and bone name and returns a vector identifying that bones location in world space.

Let me know if you have any problems with it. It has both editor and game binaries for Windows & Mac plus game binaries iOS and Android, but it has not been extensively tested.

Note: This should work on Mac and Windows, both in editor and game binaries are include. I've also included, but not tested, iOS and Android game binaries. I have not included either editor or game binaries for Linux - sorry - but the source code is included.
            I'm unable to download the file from Drop Box. I get this

Error (403)
            It seems you don't belong here! You should probably sign in. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.

Comment

Originally posted by Slayer9292 View Post
              I'm unable to download the file from Drop Box. I get this

Error (403)
              It seems you don't belong here! You should probably sign in. Check out our Help Center and forums for help, or head back to home.

Same here. Could you reupload this plugin?

Comment

Hey guys, I had a copy of the plugin on my HD

https://www.mediafire.com/?0ggjttjinsvi8m1

Dungeon Survival - WIP First person dungeon crawler with a focus on survival and environmental gameplay ala roguelikes

Comment

Hi Jeff, any progress on the tutorial?

I'm looking at using this in my next project and jist wanted an example to refer back to.

Thanks
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/favoritetortois
                  Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyb...f-8pIldQ<br />

Comment

Is it possible to compile the BreakBone plugin for 4.12 from the download?
                    [Marketplace] Loading Screen System (ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴs, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss ʙᴀʀs)
                    [Free][Script] Automate Download of Mixamo Animations
                    [VłĐɆØ] Performance: BP vs C++ vs Blueprint Nativization

Comment

Plugin compiled for 4.12:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdxk9uic00...akBone.7z?dl=0
                      --

Comment

Break Constraint seems to have been exposed to blueprint in 4.12

Name:	break_constraint.PNG
Size:	368.6 KB
ID:	1108604
                        Last edited by Cpt.Trips; 06-18-2016, 07:20 PM.
                        [Marketplace] Loading Screen System (ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʟᴏᴀᴅɪɴɢ sᴄʀᴇᴇɴs, ɴᴏᴡ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀᴏɢʀᴇss ʙᴀʀs)
                        [Free][Script] Automate Download of Mixamo Animations
                        [VłĐɆØ] Performance: BP vs C++ vs Blueprint Nativization

Comment

I'm not sure why this is happening any questions any answers to why?

Name:	Help..PNG
Size:	273.2 KB
ID:	1112535

Comment

Originally posted by Ixiguis View Post
                            Link seems to 404 now. Reupload?

Comment

This is no longer needed, as the engine now has the function "Break constraint" which does the same.
                              --

Comment

Oh right, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X