No announcement yet.

Unreal.js

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick question Nako, is the Javascript Script Source File path relative to anything? I've only been able to get it working by giving it an absolute path.

Comment

JavascriptContext tries to resolve path with given *Paths* and base path which querier-javascript lies on. Default paths are 'Engine/Plugins/UnrealJS/Content/Scripts' and 'Game/Content/Content/Scripts'.

'Game/Content/Scripts/ABC/def.js' can require('../DEF/ghi.js') to find '../Scripts/DEF/ghi.js'
      Last edited by nako_sung; 12-01-2015, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Holy cow this is awesome! Thanks for working on this!
        Tech Evangelist & video game person at Microsoft | @DaveVoyles
        Other games I've created and my UnrealScript tutorials
        Author: UnrealScript Game Programming Cookbook

Comment

Awesome! Well done!
          SUMFX.net

Chameleon Post ProcessSharp TextLOOK! Color Grading PackSciFi UI SoundsCensoredAnimated CrosshairsMinimalist Lower ThirdsCosmos - Procedural Space AssetsHitPoint

Comment

This is so cool! I have a question. Will Epic Games make this plugin as built-in feature in the future? Could this happen? Thanks.

Comment

So this is the error I run into,

Anyone else try this on Win10, VS2015?

$ cd Unreal.js/Examples/Content/Scripts && npm i
              Error: EPERM: operation not permitted, mkdir 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\Unreal.js'
              at Error (native)

Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\Unreal.js\Examples\Content\Scripts\npm-debug.log.36f31f097e76036e95a7573b8d6cb22c'
              at Error (native)

Has anyone come across this - and if so can you plz tell me how you fixed it^?

Comment

Unrealscript rises from the graaaave! Mwaaahahahahahahaaah

Comment

@rrstuv did you try within cmd.exe? Actually "npm i" is needed only for 'springy demo', so you can just ignore it.

Comment

@DaveVoyles @RuMad @SumFX Thank you!

Comment

Nako, what are you using to debug your JS?

The JS console in Unreal is obviously quite limited, since you can't console.log( object ) and have it show internals. I've also experienced cases where live-reload doesn't really work: it keeps reloading previous cached versions instead of the latest versions. Are there any workarounds to that?

Comment

@mflux - you can pass your debugee object into global scope and then inspect it.

(function (global){
                        global.debugee = your_precious_object_to_be_debugged
                        })(this)
                        And then you can inspect by typing 'debugee' in your javascript console. (Plus, Unreal.js supports V8 debug protocol! You can debug unreal.js with other V8 debugger like Visual Studio Code or something)

Regarding live-reload problem, I haven't seen the symptoms as you mentioned. Maybe I think there are 'uncleaned' previous code still working after live reloading. Proper switch-over to newer version may resolve your problem.

Comment

My colleague got it running, but I am too much of a digitaLimmigrant... I will try to write up more explicit instructions for UnrealJS, with some help

Hopefully that will help others resolve this issue as well, but my issue revolved around trying to install and build JS in the git folder, not the UE4 Engine folder.

Comment

@rrstuv Sorry for inconvenience. Helpful docs would be totally welcomed!

Comment

Editor extension support added. You can automate editor experience by writing your own editor extension script. Below example is built, with UMG, as a tab.
                              This can be an entry point for procedural level generation.

codes are listed as below;
                              https://github.com/ncsoft/Unreal.js/...alGenerator.js
                              https://github.com/ncsoft/Unreal.js/...Generator.jade

Click image for larger version

Name:	UnrealJs_editor.gif
Views:	1
Size:	962.5 KB
ID:	1097170
                              Last edited by nako_sung; 12-18-2015, 01:07 AM.

Comment

How did you integrate three.js?

Comment

Working...
                                X