Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated build (4.15) is now online.

Comment

I really am enjoying the plugin so far, but I can't seem to find any information on creating Enums. Or loading structs and enums that have been made in the editor , is this possible right now? Maybe I missed something in the example....

Comment

[MENTION=242297]mar[/MENTION]ynate how to make projecet support android with Unreal.js plugin

Comment

[MENTION=683108]itsallhype[/MENTION] You can create enum (someUEObj).CreateEnum('EnumName',['ABC','DEF','GHI']).

https://github.com/ncsoft/Unreal.js-...Library.h#L436

Comment

Thanks for GitHub update to 4.16, nako_sung. Very minor thing: project files generator reports a warning. In JavascriptGraphEditor.Build.cs, line 7 should probably be

Code:
            public JavascriptGraphEditor(ReadOnlyTargetRules Target) : base(Target)
            instead of just

Code:
            public JavascriptGraphEditor(ReadOnlyTargetRules Target)

Comment

Hi Everybody,
              I've tried to use Three.js in "node_modules" directory but i don't know what i have to include in the JS file to use it ? (npm xxx ?)
              Could you help me please ?
              My blog about video game development and game engines (FR + Translation)
              My books about Unreal Engine 4 & Blender Game Engine (FR only)
              Facebook - Twitter - Youtube

Comment

[MENTION=33973]nako_sung[/MENTION]
                Hi,
                I'm wondering about how you compiled a version of V8 that unreal can use? When I try to import the library for my own plugin it results in mismatch errors like this:
                2>v8_base.lib(api.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected for 'RuntimeLibrary': value 'MT_StaticRelease' doesn't match value 'MD_DynamicRelease' in SharedPCH.UnrealEd.h.obj
                I notice unreal.js has four v8_base libs.
                Last edited by Sixmorphugus; 08-19-2017, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Say I have an class extending Actor in my js file, how do I reference that UClass in C++?
                  George Rolfe.
                  Technical Coordinator at Orbit Solutions Pty Ltd.

Comment

I get an error when trying to run any of the example scripts.

Context.RunFile("HelloCanvas.js")
                    < undefined
                    Error: file:///c:/Code/UnrealJS/Content/Scripts/helloCanvas.js:8: ReferenceError: GWorld is not defined
                    Error: ReferenceError: GWorld is not defined
                    Error: at GetPC (file:///c:/Code/UnrealJS/Content/Scripts/helloCanvas.js:8:35)
                    Error: at main (file:///c:/Code/UnrealJS/Content/Scripts/helloCanvas.js:13:9)
                    Error: at process.nextTick (file:///c:/Code/UnrealJS/Content/Scripts/helloCanvas.js:56:46)
                    Error: at invoke_next (file:///c:/Code/UnrealJS/Plugins/UnrealJS/Content/Scripts/polyfill/timers.js:14:9)
                    Error: at Array.forEach (<anonymous>)
                    Error: at Object.flushTicks (file:///c:/Code/UnrealJS/Plugins/UnrealJS/Content/Scripts/polyfill/timers.js:36:18)
                    Error: at root (file:///c:/Code/UnrealJS/Plugins/UnrealJS/Content/Scripts/polyfill/timers.js:20:24)

I have downloaded the plugin source from git hub, placed it in my project's Plugin folder and rebuilt when launching the project. The plugin shows up and the JavascriptConsole works.

Is there something simple that I'm missing?

Solved: I realized that all of these scripts have to be run from within the Examples project. But it's not so straight forward to get the unreal.js plugin built for a source version and then get the Examples project to work

Here's what I did - maybe this will help someone else:
                    • Installed the unreal.js plugin from the marketplace under my binary version of UE4.17.
                    • Started the binary version and built the plugin.
                    • Enabled the plugin and tried the JavaScript console (under Window->Developer Tools)
                    • Then copied the compiled engine plugin to my source version of UE4.17, and of course it wants to rebuild again.
                    • Enabled the plugin on my source engine.
                    • Git clone of the example project into a new folder.
                    • Deleted the Plugins folder in the example project, since I now already have the engine plugin work.
                    • Loaded the example project.
                    • Tested various maps - and they work!

Last edited by jkraptor; 10-12-2017, 09:49 AM.

Comment

console.log - not getting any output to the JavascriptConsole.
                      Where does the output go?

(see attached pic).

Comment

In HelloUMG.js, the DrawLine() in TestWidget.OnPaint(context) works fine, but what is the syntax for DrawText()?

I've tried all of these below, but no text is drawn on the widget.

PaintContext.C(context).DrawText('Test1', {X:10, Y:10}, {R:1,A:1})

PaintContext.C(context).DrawText('Test2', {X:10, Y:30}, {R:1,A:1}, GEngine.SmallFont)

PaintContext.C(context).DrawTextFormatted('Test3', {X:10, Y:50}, GEngine.SmallFont, {R:1,A:1})

Comment

Originally posted by jkraptor View Post
                          I get an error when trying to run any of the example scripts.
                          Here's what I did - maybe this will help someone else:[/COLOR][/I][/FONT]
                          • Installed the unreal.js plugin from the marketplace under my binary version of UE4.17.
                          • Started the binary version and built the plugin.
                          • Enabled the plugin and tried the JavaScript console (under Window->Developer Tools)
                          • Then copied the compiled engine plugin to my source version of UE4.17, and of course it wants to rebuild again.
                          • Enabled the plugin on my source engine.
                          • Git clone of the example project into a new folder.
                          • Deleted the Plugins folder in the example project, since I now already have the engine plugin work.
                          • Loaded the example project.
                          • Tested various maps - and they work!
                          It did indeed help me. Thanks. I'm getting the same issue with console.log. Also, for anyone else who might close the editor because it hangs at 45%....those are all the shaders compiling, like all ~4,000 of them. Just let it do its thing. Maybe most of those shaders should be stripped to make it easier to load. I thought it was a problem with Unreal.js.

Comment

Hey, nako_sung. Will be there update for 4.18 soon?

Comment

Just installed 4.18 from marketplace to engine. Anything I type in the javascript console gets doubled, making it a waste of time trying to debug anything.

For example if I type "2+2" in the console, it prints "2+22+2" and outputs 44. If I type 2, it prints and outputs 22. Any ideas why this is happening?

Comment

Hello,

I'd like to use XMLHttpRequest with UnrealJS and i get an error. I know i can use http module instead, but i want to work with ThreeJS.
                                --> Cannot read property 'XMLHttpRequest' of undefined
                                I try with "var XMLHttpRequest = require("xmlhttprequest").XMLHttpRequest;" but same error...

Do you have an idea ?

My blog about video game development and game engines (FR + Translation)
                                My books about Unreal Engine 4 & Blender Game Engine (FR only)
                                Facebook - Twitter - Youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X