HacknPlan, the Trello for game developers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi guys,

HacknPlan has been updated! We have improved how the time-based costs are entered and displayed, added comments to the game design model, and some other improvements, check them out:

http://hacknplan.com/dev-diary-29/

Also, HacknPlan yearly subscriptions and upgrades are at a 50% discount until June 30th:

http://hacknplan.com/summer-sale/

Click image for larger version

Name:	promo254.png
Views:	1
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	1130250

Comment

It's a HUGE mistake I've placed my project in hacknplan...

So everything is set and .etc and...If you want to change roles to the users you need premium? Are you kidding me?

So I have a new role, or added someone role by mistake and I have to pay to change it?

It's complete milking for cash $$$, horrible... it's almost unusable for free user.
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sarfios View Post
        It's a HUGE mistake I've placed my project in hacknplan...

So everything is set and .etc and...If you want to change roles to the users you need premium? Are you kidding me?

So I have a new role, or added someone role by mistake and I have to pay to change it?

It's complete milking for cash $$$, horrible... it's almost unusable for free user.
        Sorry, but we are not charging you for anything you had access before, you can't add any role in the free version. If you want to change the permissions of a user, you can go to the Summary page, Members panel and click on the pencil icon next to the name. The roles is a premium feature to create predefined sets of permissions to apply them on an easier way for bigger teams, we just added a call to action to let you know it exists.

Anyway, we removed the calls to action since they are not being perceived as we thought, we are not trying to monetize agress¡vely like you suggest, we just tried to make our premium features more noticeable since we receive many emails suggesting us to implement features that already exist in premium plans.
        Last edited by LunarKingdom; 06-27-2017, 02:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LunarKingdom View Post
          Sorry, but we are not charging you for anything you had access before, you can't add any role in the free version. If you want to change the permissions of a user, you can go to the Summary page, Members panel and click on the pencil icon next to the name. The roles is a premium feature to create predefined sets of permissions to apply them on an easier way for bigger teams, we just added a call to action to let you know it exists.

Anyway, we removed the calls to action since they are not being perceived as we thought, we are not trying to monetize agress¡vely like you suggest, we just tried to make our premium features more noticeable since we receive many emails suggesting us to implement features that already exist in premium plans.
          Hello,

Today I can't see anymore the role tab that requests premium plan. I find normal to have access to the permission of the users as an admin. Applauds for the service and the politics if you keep it this way!

About monetization, I'm not expert, but why not request premium for every account exceeding overall more than 10 administrated users? (Talking about non-repetitive like Tom could work in 3 projects, but take only 1 of the slots?) The logic is that anyone bellow 5 users is unlikely to pay for the service and everyone above 10 should respectfully pay due to the practicality offered to him.

Wish you successful business!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by sarfios; 06-27-2017, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sarfios View Post
            Hello,

Today I can't see anymore the role tab that requests premium plan. I find normal to have access to the permission of the users as an admin. Applauds for the service and the politics if you keep it this way!

About monetization, I'm not expert, but why not request premium for every account exceeding overall more than 10 administrated users? (Talking about non-repetitive like Tom could work in 3 projects, but take only 1 of the slots?) The logic is that anyone bellow 5 users is unlikely to pay for the service and everyone above 10 should respectfully pay due to the practicality offered to him.

Wish you successful business!
            I just wanted to clarify that changing the permissions were always available and has nothing to do with the calls to action. What is free and what is premium hasn't changed in any way.

Comment

This looks pretty useful! Used to using Trello so I'll give this a shot.

One question I do have is how projects are stored. Do you guys perform any encryption/decryption on your end?

Comment

Hi,

We encrypt / decrypt traffic, but not the stored data. We plan to implement that soon.
                Last edited by LunarKingdom; 06-29-2017, 07:07 AM.

Comment

Hi guys,

We have a new update! It's a small one this time, but it includes a few important features like the GDD exporter and the possibility of adding image attachments using copy & paste.

Read more: DEV DIARY 30 - DOC DOC

Comment

Hi there,

HacknPlan has been updated! We have added some interesting features like importance level customization (Studio), design element references and more. You can read about all the changes at our blog:

DEV DIARY 31 - POST VACATION BLUES

Comment

Hi everyone,

It's been 2 years since the first version of HacknPlan was released (this post is getting old!), and we wanted to celebrate it by offering a 30% discount on yearly subscriptions and upgrades.

Read more: http://hacknplan.com/birthday-promo?ref=unreal

Cheers

Comment

Hi guys,

We have a new update! This time we have rebuilt our drag and drop system for a better performance, usability and mobile support. I hope you like it!

DEV DIARY 32 - DRAG & ROLL

Comment

Hey there,

HacknPlan has been updated! We fixed plenty of bugs and added some interesting features like design element creation on selection, more sorting fields, convert subtasks into tasks (premium)... You can set up a custom background for the app too!

Read more: DEV DIARY 33 - NOVEMBER RAIN

Comment

Hi there!

HacknPlan has been updated with support for Bitbucket integration and other improvements. Check them out!

Hi hacknplanners! This new update comes with a surprise in the form of a brand new integration: Bitbucket is here! One of our most important goals is centralizing your game production data, so you have a place […]

Comment

Hi there,

We just announced a major update of HacknPlan coming during Q2 2018. It will improve the flexibility, usability and performance of the application, the UI will be enhanced, and the first version of our public API will be available.

You can read more details on our blog: http://hacknplan.com/hacknplan-update-2018/

Cheers!

Comment

Working...
                              X