Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HacknPlan, the Trello for game developers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Hey! I recently shared this project with another game developer community and one of them caught something that seems to be an oversight. Create 2 tasks, which then leaves you with Task #1 and Task #2. If you flip the tasks, the # of the task stays the same. Shouldn't these be renamed to be in order?

    Comment


      #32
      Originally posted by Shadowraix View Post
      Hey! I recently shared this project with another game developer community and one of them caught something that seems to be an oversight. Create 2 tasks, which then leaves you with Task #1 and Task #2. If you flip the tasks, the # of the task stays the same. Shouldn't these be renamed to be in order?
      That number is the ID of the task and will never change, is a way to identify them across the project. The number does not mean the order in the panel. If you click on a task and go to the details page, you'll see that number is part of the url. Maybe the # is causing the confusion here.

      Comment


        #33
        This is mega awesome tool! I really like it. Good job! Do you plan on making a mobile version? For Android and iOS?
        Raise the Black Flag!

        - [TUT]: HTTP GET Request in C++
        - [Tool]: Game Site Tracker website for your project
        - [Website]: Website for my game Leviathan

        Comment


          #34
          Originally posted by OzoneBG View Post
          This is mega awesome tool! I really like it. Good job! Do you plan on making a mobile version? For Android and iOS?
          Thanks!

          About the mobile apps: sure, not immediately, but I hope we release them during 2016.

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by LunarKingdom View Post
            That number is the ID of the task and will never change, is a way to identify them across the project. The number does not mean the order in the panel. If you click on a task and go to the details page, you'll see that number is part of the url. Maybe the # is causing the confusion here.
            I see. Hmm, then shouldn't the ID only be shown on the details page? Its just an ID unless there is some relevance you had intended for it to be on the card like that? In place of the ID, the card title could go there.

            Comment


              #36
              Originally posted by Shadowraix View Post
              I see. Hmm, then shouldn't the ID only be shown on the details page? Its just an ID unless there is some relevance you had intended for it to be on the card like that? In place of the ID, the card title could go there.
              I think its useful to have it at hand. When you are working on a team is very common to say something like: "hey guys, I will pick task #24 is that ok?". I guess I'm heavily influenced by JIRA on thinks like that: http://blogs.atlassian.com/wp-conten..._work_mode.png

              Comment


                #37
                This is a great tool so far, it works the way I'd like my other tools to work :P !

                Comment


                  #38
                  It would be nice if we could use our emails OR username to login, user handles are too custom per site in my case and I forget them easily!

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Grogger View Post
                    It would be nice if we could use our emails OR username to login, user handles are too custom per site in my case and I forget them easily!
                    Yes, we know! We will add it very soon :-)

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Updates on the development. We are working on sub-tasks as a checklist inside a task, to provide an extra level of detail:

                      Click image for larger version

Name:	CUcZY-dWUAEYxDo.png
Views:	1
Size:	170.5 KB
ID:	1093765

                      Comment


                        #41
                        Excellent!!!!!!!!!!

                        That would be massively useful. right now just have to keep adding comments.
                        Last edited by arbopa; 11-23-2015, 11:32 AM.
                        Acclivity Game Studios. Making a BP FPS, Tutorial Series on Blog : On Unreal Wiki : Twitch

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Hi guys!

                          I added some new features to the application today. The most important ones are sub-tasks and milestone sorting, along with some visual improvements.

                          You can take a look here: http://hacknplan.com/dev-diary-4-2015-11-25/

                          Cheers

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Great tool! Crossed fingers for backlog and user stories!

                            Will definitely write about this @shootertutorial
                            How to create first person shooter game from scratch. Lots of tutorials: http://www.shootertutorial.com - celebrating 50th Tutorial!

                            My Marketplace Assets

                            Comment


                              #44
                              Hey,
                              i worked before with OpenProject and i like its possibility to create a hierarchy for my tasks equivalent to your subtask. But the problem i see is that the subtasks in Hacknplan only have a title, they don´t have a own description for more detailed info.
                              Maybe it is veryful to create a hierarchy with your created tasks (not subtask) to define parent tasks and child tasks. With this hierarchy is see the vantage to build a clear structure.

                              A second thing which would be very useful is an e-mail notification when something was edited/updated or get assigned.
                              Last edited by Darkentik; 12-02-2015, 07:15 AM.
                              Administrator @ German UE4 Community -> http://www.unrealengine4.de
                              I´m working on a Network based Buildsystem.

                              Comment


                                #45
                                Originally posted by Darkentik View Post
                                Hey,
                                i worked before with OpenProject and i like its possibility to create a hierarchy for my tasks equivalent to your subtask. But the problem i see is that the subtasks in Hacknplan only have a title, they don´t have a own description for more detailed info.
                                Maybe it is veryful to create a hierarchy with your created tasks (not subtask) to define parent tasks and child tasks. With this hierarchy is see the vantage to build a clear structure.

                                A second thing which would be very useful is an e-mail notification when something was edited/updated or get assigned.
                                Yes, I see the advantage of what you mean. However I want to be a bit careful with that and not overcomplicate the tool, I think simplicity and clarity is one of the strong points of HacknPlan. In the future we will provide add-ons to extend the core application with more functionality for people who needs more than the core tool, and this would be a good candidate for that. A think you could try is the game model feature, it allows you to create a tree structure of high level topics and assign tasks to it, maybe could partially solve your issue.

                                Regarding the notifications, we are already working on that. We will provide an activity stream and a notification system that will be configurable to allow UI and mail notifications. A first version will come out soon and we will be iterating on that during the next months.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X