Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamepad-Friendly UMG ~ Control Cursor with Gamepad Analog Stick! Easily Click Buttons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by SB1985 View Post
    In case somebody needs it, I ported it over to 4.24, same link as before
    https://sb1985.com/other-2/gameplay/...g-the-gamepad/
    Thank you SB1985 !

Leave a comment:

• replied
    In case somebody needs it, I ported it over to 4.24, same link as before

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Joker of all trades View Post
    Did anyone ever find out where you can change the thumb sticks and face buttons?

Thanks.
    nope this community is pretty terrible no one helps anyone I regret leaving unity

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xcloudx01 View Post
    I'm trying to build my game, but it's giving this error:

I tried adding the line in but i can't seem to get it working ^^. Any ideas? Thanks <3
    Make sure you complete step #2 on tutorial, I had the same problem and this fixed it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Did anyone ever find out where you can change the thumb sticks and face buttons?

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm trying to build my game, but it's giving this error:

ERROR: Missing precompiled manifest for 'GamepadUMGPlugin'. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set 'PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;' in GamepadUMGPlugin.build.cs to override.
    PackagingResults: Error: Missing precompiled manifest for 'GamepadUMGPlugin'. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set 'PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;' in GamepadUMGPlugin.build.cs to override.
    I tried adding the line in but i can't seem to get it working ^^. Any ideas? Thanks <3

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by xcloudx01 View Post
    Awesome work SB1985 <3 Thank you for the updated version. Also, would you possibly be able to share/github your Visual Studio project so we can help keep this awesome plugin updated in the future? Thanks :3
    Hey, thanks! I used the link from page 1 and compiled it on those engine versions, there isn't any difference inside the code itself, other than the engine version stuff. Turns out no other changes were required and it did not give any compile errors of any kind. Once I made sure it works properly in test projects I uploaded the compiled versions.
    Originally posted by Beavers01 View Post
    Thank you SB1985
    No problem!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you SB1985

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awesome work SB1985 <3 Thank you for the updated version. Also, would you possibly be able to share/github your Visual Studio project so we can help keep this awesome plugin updated in the future? Thanks :3
    Last edited by xcloudx01; 10-13-2019, 02:31 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have 4.22 and 4.23 versions (and a tutorial for how to use it) on my website (LINK).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Requesting a updated version of this amazing plugin, 4.23 just came out so figured I'd put in a formal request for a packaged updated version. Thankjs guys.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Joker of all trades View Post

Right I couldn't find where a "A" button was being called from or assigned either. Also somewhere in the plugin it over rules any button inputs assigned in blueprints during cursor enabled.
    Nick Darnell

There is no reference in the blueprint either as far as I can see this seems to be on the engine level with software cursor I think

It's like the "Gamepad bottom face button" (A button) gets reassigned forced to be Primary input regardless of what you set it to or not.
    Last edited by GreenHowitzer; 08-22-2019, 09:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GreenHowitzer View Post
    I need to know why when the Cursor is on screen the bottom gamepad face bottom becomes interact

using updated plugin there is no reference to this input in the plugins source?
    Right I couldn't find where a "A" button was being called from or assigned either. Also somewhere in the plugin it over rules any button inputs assigned in blueprints during cursor enabled.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I need to know why when the Cursor is on screen the bottom gamepad face bottom becomes interact

using updated plugin there is no reference to this input in the plugins source?
    Last edited by GreenHowitzer; 08-22-2019, 01:19 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok everything on the UMG end works as intended. My inquiry is more unique to my game. I'm trying to map other gamepad buttons like the d-pad when I'm able to also use the UMG thumbstick. It seems as though when the cursor is active all other buttons are disabled.

I'm not sure where I should add the other thumbstick event input and buttons into the plug in code. It's been a while since I've been in code. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

I'm guessing in here, but I have not seems anything explicitly calling out "gamepad Right thumb stick" maybe "FGameAnalogCursor" is left thumb stick?

Thanks.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Game-anlog-cursor.png
Views:	25
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	1655668

Leave a comment:

Working...
X