Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamepad-Friendly UMG ~ Control Cursor with Gamepad Analog Stick! Easily Click Buttons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by g1i7chp37s View Post
    no idea how to resolve these errors but this is what i get when i try to manually rebuild for 4.26 from 4.25. this is a sample of the errors [..]
    I ran into the same issue. For me it turned out to be an outdated version of Visual Studio. Try to update to the latest version, which is 16.8.2 right now, and the problem should go away.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SB1985 View Post
    thanks appreciate rama & you!!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    4.26 port https://sb1985.com/other-2/gameplay/...g-the-gamepad/

Have fun!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SB1985 View Post
    I have 4.22 and 4.23 versions (and a tutorial for how to use it) on my website (LINK).
    are you willing to cook something up again for 4.26? appreciate'cha

Leave a comment:

• replied
    no idea how to resolve these errors but this is what i get when i try to manually rebuild for 4.26 from 4.25. this is a sample of the errors

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) class UClass * __cdecl Z_Construct_UClass_UDeveloperSettings(void)" (__imp_?Z_Construct_UClass_UDeveloperSettings@@YAPEAVUClass@@XZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'public: static class UObject * (__cdecl*const * const Z_Construct_UClass_UGamepadCursorSettings_Statics:ependentSingletons)(void)''(void)" (??__E?DependentSingletons@Z_Construct_UClass_UGamepadCursorSettings_Statics@@2QBQ6APEAVUObject@@XZB@@YAXXZ) cpluspluginfix C:\Users\3950\Documents\cpluspluginfix\cpluspluginfix\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\Module.GamepadUMGPlugin.gen.cpp.obj 1
    Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __cdecl UDeveloperSettings::UDeveloperSettings(class FVTableHelper &)" (__imp_??0UDeveloperSettings@@QEAA@AEAVFVTableHelper@@@Z) referenced in function "public: __cdecl UGamepadCursorSettings::UGamepadCursorSettings(class FVTableHelper &)" (??0UGamepadCursorSettings@@QEAA@AEAVFVTableHelper@@@Z) cpluspluginfix C:\Users\3950\Documents\cpluspluginfix\cpluspluginfix\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\Module.GamepadUMGPlugin.gen.cpp.obj 1
    C:\Users\3950\Documents\cpluspluginfix\cpluspluginfix\Plugins\GamepadUMGPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-GamepadUMGPlugin.dll 1
    Error MSB3073 The command "chcp 65001 >NUL && "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Rebuild.bat" cpluspluginfixEditor Win64 Development -Project="C:\Users\3950\Documents\cpluspluginfix\cpluspluginfix\cpluspluginfix.uproject" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code -1. cpluspluginfix C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 54
    Last edited by g1i7chp37s; 12-04-2020, 09:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by SVR33 View Post

Welcome to the party, pal! Over the years, a few different people have updated Rama's plugin to new engine versions. Unfortunately, that's outside my skill set, so I'll just wait patiently here with you. I'm sure some kind soul will share the 4.26 update when they have a chance.
    I hope you have right.
    It will be a shame if implement this and cant use it in newer versions.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi, thanks to nick, rama, and everyone who worked on this! quick question - is there any way that i can remove the left mouse button click on the gamepad that this adds?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by PrincePac92 View Post
    Hey,
    Is this plugin still supported and will be updated to newer versions like 4.6 (in the future) or is there an alternative?

And supports this plugin drag and drop?

Greez
    ​​​
    Welcome to the party, pal! Over the years, a few different people have updated Rama's plugin to new engine versions. Unfortunately, that's outside my skill set, so I'll just wait patiently here with you. I'm sure some kind soul will share the 4.26 update when they have a chance.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey,
    Is this plugin still supported and will be updated to newer versions like 4.6 (in the future) or is there an alternative?

And supports this plugin drag and drop?

Greez
    ​​​

Leave a comment:

• replied
    intoxicat3 Thanks. New to unreal and UMG is still a bit arcane to me, but I think it has to do with the way UMG calls certain functions. For instance: I noticed OnMouseEnter and OnMouseLeave are also not called, but on mouse move seems to work fine.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @Fleece_Cardigan I can't find a way to fix that currently. I Will post if I will find a solution later.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    intoxicat3 YES. Oddly enough if I move the mouse and 'click' using the gamepad it registers, but not when I click while moving the pointer with the analog sticks. Needs more investigation. Did you figure it out?
    Last edited by Fleece_Cardigan; 09-01-2020, 11:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Anyone having trouble with dragging in 4.25? (DetectDrag)

@Oldsiren I'm using your version of the plugin.

I can see that if (IsWidgetInteractable(Widget)) is only valid when using Buttons. Other widgets (images etc) don't work but they are needed to create DragAndDrop operation.
    Last edited by intoxicat3; 08-28-2020, 07:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Who get stucked by the issue to get Button A instead of Mouse Left , after you trigger the Input Key Selector for Remapping a Key use these Blueprint in the link below ,Actualy there are no problems with that i test it today and its Working good , you will see just the Left Mouse but it will save the Button A if the Left Mouse was pressed i try to get it work after 10 Hours ,as it was a present from Rama thanks again all and this Solution is my Present to all Unreal Game Developer.

https://blueprintue.com/blueprint/137xhsey/

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by YukiTaiyo View Post
    So, I just re-installed the Plugin cleanly and it works again, but I still have the issue of the left stick not working when I Play again.

It only happens in the Editor. I've tried with a Build and everything works fine when the Virtual Cursor is called multiple times fortunately.
    I just disabled it for the player character on begin play and that solved all my editor issues.

All - Is there a solution for right clicking yet?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X