Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamepad-Friendly UMG ~ Control Cursor with Gamepad Analog Stick! Easily Click Buttons!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    Originally posted by Burnz View Post
    You can easily replicate the controls behavior.
    Hi mate [MENTION=52074]Burnz[/MENTION],
    How do you do that?
    Raed Abbas
    IMDB
    FACEBOOK
    Circle Of Time the game
    Dynamic Shared Camera

    Comment


      #62
      Originally posted by Rama View Post
      You're welcome!



      Rama
      [MENTION=552]Rama[/MENTION]
      Mate, would be much appreciated if you reply to our issues please!
      Raed Abbas
      IMDB
      FACEBOOK
      Circle Of Time the game
      Dynamic Shared Camera

      Comment


        #63
        Originally posted by Raed Abbas View Post
        Hi mate [MENTION=52074]Burnz[/MENTION],
        How do you do that?
        I took the original project from Nick Darnell. You'll have to alter FAnalogCursor a little bit, then it works, also set UIMode to true so it won't make the cursor disappear when clicking into the game-world. My main problem is getting the cursor to start up without controller input, seems activate only when you hit a button on the controller... but it works.

        Comment


          #64
          Originally posted by Burnz View Post
          I took the original project from Nick Darnell. You'll have to alter FAnalogCursor a little bit, then it works, also set UIMode to true so it won't make the cursor disappear when clicking into the game-world. My main problem is getting the cursor to start up without controller input, seems activate only when you hit a button on the controller... but it works.
          I'm a bit confused. So you mean Rama's plugin isn't the right one? Where do I get the original one please?
          Raed Abbas
          IMDB
          FACEBOOK
          Circle Of Time the game
          Dynamic Shared Camera

          Comment


            #65
            Originally posted by Raed Abbas View Post
            I'm a bit confused. So you mean Rama's plugin isn't the right one? Where do I get the original one please?
            https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...Destiny-Style)

            It was originally created by Nick Darnell as a source code project. The plugin didn't work for me but since our project is c++ anyway i figured i just go with the original and figure it out from there, to my surprise his project worked right out of the box (with a few bugs, like invisible cursor at start and cursor only working when you press a button on the controller) but it's a good starting point.

            Comment


              #66
              OK, that's awesome. Really appreciate your help. I might be wrong but I thought you can't migrate C++ projects to other projects. How did you go about? I'm so sorry to ask so much
              Raed Abbas
              IMDB
              FACEBOOK
              Circle Of Time the game
              Dynamic Shared Camera

              Comment


                #67
                Thanks very much for this Rama, and also to Nick!

                Plugin works like a charm and has definitely streamlined my project. My only issue currently is that I just upgraded to 4.13 so of course the plugin needs to be recompiled. Is this something a non programmer like me can do with the right resources? I would hate for you to be saddled with recompiling it for all the subsequence revisions. Thanks again!

                Comment


                  #68
                  Hello Rama,
                  Will you update the plugin to version 4.13? Thanks in advance

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Is there a way to have old styled menu controls with controller? As in press down and the next button is selected?

                    Comment


                      #70
                      GamepadUMG updated to 4.13!

                      Dear Community,

                      As per popular request I've updated the Gamepad UMG plugin and project to 4.13!

                      Please note what you get in this download is a full project to play with, so you can just load it up and start playing with your gamepad to see how it works

                      I packaged the plugin for win32 and win64 shipping and development using the Unreal Marketplace C++ plugin packaging process.

                      Gamepad UMG 4.13
                      https://www.mediafire.com/?ko9eanxco6p004k

                      Enjoooy!



                      Rama
                      100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

                      UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

                      Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Originally posted by Rama View Post
                        Dear Community,

                        As per popular request I've updated the Gamepad UMG plugin and project to 4.13!

                        Please note what you get in this download is a full project to play with, so you can just load it up and start playing with your gamepad to see how it works

                        I packaged the plugin for win32 and win64 shipping and development using the Unreal Marketplace C++ plugin packaging process.

                        Gamepad UMG 4.13
                        https://www.mediafire.com/?ko9eanxco6p004k

                        Enjoooy!



                        Rama
                        Thanks for you hard work and to Nick as well. Is there any chance this plugin can be modified to work in keyboard focus style without a cursor? that would be neat!

                        Comment


                          #72
                          Hey Rama, thanks for this plugin, it saved us quite some time. The plugin is working well, both in the Edtor and in the shipped game. However, when packaging the game I get the following error messages:

                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.09.19-12.24.09:945][ 0]LogInit: Display: Warning/Error Summary (Unique only)
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.09.19-12.24.09:945][ 0]LogInit: Display: -----------------------------------
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.09.19-12.24.09:946][ 0]LogInit: Display: LogLinker:Warning: Can't find file '/Game/ThirdPersonCPP/ThirdPersonOverview'
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.09.19-12.24.09:946][ 0]LogInit: Display: LogUObjectGlobals:Warning: Failed to load '/Game/ThirdPersonCPP/ThirdPersonOverview': Can't find file '/Game/ThirdPersonCPP/ThirdPersonOverview'
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.09.19-12.24.09:946][ 0]LogInit: Display: LogUObjectGlobals:Warning: Failed to find object 'Class /Game/ThirdPersonCPP/ThirdPersonOverview.ThirdPersonOverview_C'
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.09.19-12.24.09:947][ 0]LogInit: Display: LogUObjectGlobals:Warning: Failed to find object 'Object /Game/ThirdPersonCPP/ThirdPersonOverview.ThirdPersonOverview_C'
                          MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.09.19-12.24.09:947][ 0]LogInit: Display: LogRedirectors:Warning: String Asset Reference '/Game/ThirdPersonCPP/ThirdPersonOverview.ThirdPersonOverview_C' was not found! (Referencer 'Unknown')


                          This is new since I copied the whole plugin folder "GamepadUMGPlugin" from the ZIP file into the Plugins folder of my project.
                          Any ideas how to get rid of these warnings?

                          Thanks, and cheers!
                          Modular Menu System @ UE4 Marketplace: "Build your UMG Menus in Minutes!"
                          Marketplace Page | General Discussion | Support Thread | Preview Video

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Originally posted by haimat View Post
                            Hey Rama, thanks for this plugin, it saved us quite some time. The plugin is working well, both in the Edtor and in the shipped game. However, when packaging the game I get the following error messages:

                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.09.19-12.24.09:945][ 0]LogInit: Display: Warning/Error Summary (Unique only)
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.09.19-12.24.09:945][ 0]LogInit: Display: -----------------------------------
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.09.19-12.24.09:946][ 0]LogInit: Display: LogLinker:Warning: Can't find file '/Game/ThirdPersonCPP/ThirdPersonOverview'
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.09.19-12.24.09:946][ 0]LogInit: Display: LogUObjectGlobals:Warning: Failed to load '/Game/ThirdPersonCPP/ThirdPersonOverview': Can't find file '/Game/ThirdPersonCPP/ThirdPersonOverview'
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.09.19-12.24.09:946][ 0]LogInit: Display: LogUObjectGlobals:Warning: Failed to find object 'Class /Game/ThirdPersonCPP/ThirdPersonOverview.ThirdPersonOverview_C'
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.09.19-12.24.09:947][ 0]LogInit: Display: LogUObjectGlobals:Warning: Failed to find object 'Object /Game/ThirdPersonCPP/ThirdPersonOverview.ThirdPersonOverview_C'
                            MainFrameActions: Packaging (Windows (64-bit)): UE4Editor-Cmd: [2016.09.19-12.24.09:947][ 0]LogInit: Display: LogRedirectors:Warning: String Asset Reference '/Game/ThirdPersonCPP/ThirdPersonOverview.ThirdPersonOverview_C' was not found! (Referencer 'Unknown')


                            This is new since I copied the whole plugin folder "GamepadUMGPlugin" from the ZIP file into the Plugins folder of my project.
                            Any ideas how to get rid of these warnings?

                            Thanks, and cheers!
                            Hi there! Those are all related to ThirdPersonTemplate project, which is rather odd cause the GamepadUMG doesnt have anything to do with that..... Unless some config settings got carried over somehow?

                            But there's no config in the plugin...

                            Did you copy the config settings from my sample project perhaps?

                            These errors are unrelated to the plugin itself as far as I can tell



                            Rama
                            100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

                            UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

                            Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

                            Comment


                              #74
                              It appears that both left and right analog sticks are impacted by the virtual cursor even though it's only the left stick that controls the cursor. Is there a way to still get right stick input when the virtual cursor is enabled?
                              Klepto - Burglary Simulator

                              Comment


                                #75
                                Originally posted by Rama View Post
                                Hi there! Those are all related to ThirdPersonTemplate project, which is rather odd cause the GamepadUMG doesnt have anything to do with that..... Unless some config settings got carried over somehow?

                                But there's no config in the plugin...

                                Did you copy the config settings from my sample project perhaps?

                                These errors are unrelated to the plugin itself as far as I can tell
                                Really strange ... these messages only appear since we have integrated this plugin to the project
                                Modular Menu System @ UE4 Marketplace: "Build your UMG Menus in Minutes!"
                                Marketplace Page | General Discussion | Support Thread | Preview Video

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X