Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamepad-Friendly UMG ~ Control Cursor with Gamepad Analog Stick! Easily Click Buttons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JX53mb View Post
    hello, I am using this plugin in my project and it is just fantastic, its works perfectly, the only thing I would suggest if you ever want to improve it is to enable mouse scrolling from the gamepad as well. For example you could make it that when we press the joystick used to move the cursor, and then move the joystick up and down it act as a mouse scroll, so the player can use the scrollbox without clicking on the cursor and dragging it up and down :P

Other than that I just love it!
    Oooh that's a neat idea! Gonna have to think about the timing of doing that, but great idea! I also think Epic is working on direct gamepad UMG integration now so I'm not sure how much longer we'll need the plugin version

Originally posted by Matt Cohen View Post
    4.11 binaries? This is a phenomenal plugin.
    Coming soon!

Originally posted by ZeJudge View Post
    Great plugin, although I've noticed that when clicking into open space (not on a widget) the cursor disappears for me :/ Is this intended?
    Hi ZeJudge!

When you set the UI mode, make sure to uncheck "hide during capture"

Here's a pic!

Click image for larger version

Name:	HideDuringCapture.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	1104963

I've added this to the 4.11 version

Originally posted by motorsep View Post
    Any chance you will provide binaries for Android / iOS / Linux ? Thanks.
    Um, but can you use a gamepad with android, ios? I dont have cross compile for linux setup, but I could mac, can you use a USB gamepad on a mac? (I've always been a PC user)

Originally posted by Kalabrix View Post
    Hey Rama,

many thanks for the great plugin. I love it!

The question:
    Is it possible to toggle what is returned from Gamepad_A with a boolean somehow?
    Maybe in combination with the IsCursorOverInteractableWidget() function?
    Great question!

I feel like you should probably devote your development time elsewhere if you dont have urgent deadline, because I think direct UMG/gamepad integration is being worked on, let's revisit this matter closer to any actual deadlines and see where Epic's direction integration is at by then

Rama
    Last edited by Rama; 04-20-2016, 05:14 PM.
    100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Originally posted by Rama View Post
      Um, but can you use a gamepad with android, ios?
      Yeah, you can use Bluetooth gamepad on Android and iOS (as well as on PC/Mac; not sure about Linux).

Comment

Will investigate!

Hi ZeJudge!

Hi!

I think my setup of the virtual cursor was incorrect as it seems to be acting as it was intended now that I've played around with it

Jon
        Q.U.B.E. 2 | Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut

Comment

Originally posted by ZeJudge View Post
          Hi!

I think my setup of the virtual cursor was incorrect as it seems to be acting as it was intended now that I've played around with it

Jon
          well here's another solution

Click image for larger version

Name:	HideDuringCapture.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	1104964

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

GamepadUMG 4.11! Celebrate!

Dear Community,

I've now upgraded Gamepad UMG plugin to 4.11!

It includes

1.Full project so you can see it all working already, and the content assets you'll want to port with the plugin
            2. win32 shipping binaries for plugin
            3. win64 development binaries for plugin
            4. the plugin itself as its own unit

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ko...GamepadUMG.zip

Enjoooy!

Rama

Comment

Oooh that's a neat idea! Gonna have to think about the timing of doing that, but great idea! I also think Epic is working on direct gamepad UMG integration now so I'm not sure how much longer we'll need the plugin version
              ohhh, I had no idea that epic wanted to make this an engine functionality. They must have seen how popular your plugin is and decided to spare you of the work needed to keep it up to date :P Anyway a big thanks for what you do, no matter what happens next

Comment

Great question!

I feel like you should probably devote your development time elsewhere if you dont have urgent deadline, because I think direct UMG/gamepad integration is being worked on, let's revisit this matter closer to any actual deadlines and see where Epic's direction integration is at by then
                Okay, thank you! I follow this thread to get updated, if something changes.
                Actually we have an urgent deadline in about a week But that's a minor bug, over which the players can certainly look away.

Comment

Hey all,

I've noticed that I'm unable to use this Virtual Cursor when using a loading screen: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Loading_Screen

For some reason the 2 clash and the engine falls over. It's probably something to do with rendering the 2 at the same time when transitioning through levels. Has anyone else had similar issues?

Jon
                  Q.U.B.E. 2 | Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut

Comment

Plugin not Packaging Win32

Hi Rama,

Congratulations on such a great plugin and thanks for sharing it.

I´ve been using it on the editor (4.11) and it works great and it's just what I was looking for, but when I tried to package the project I´m not able to ship to Win32, I got an Unknown error.
                    I tried to package disabling the plugin and the packaging worked.

I found this thread on the Wiki: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/Plugin...With_Your_Game on how to package plugins.
                    As far as I understand (I have very little programming knoledge) I have to compile the source files you provided with the plugin, but it is already compiled in GamepadUMGPlugin/Binaries/Win32 am I right?

To be entirely sure I tried to compile the plugin but it was there where I got stuck. I'm new to Visual Studio C++ and I´m completely lost.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong or I'm missing something.

Could you help me find a way out for shipping to Win32?

Thank you!
                    Last edited by Carlos Flores; 05-16-2016, 11:28 AM.

Comment

So I managed to pack and ship for Windows 32, without making changes to the original files you provided, just moving the parent Plugin folder to C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.11\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\

The problem is that now I get the following error when I try to run the packaged .exe file: Failed to open descriptor file '../../../ProjectName-Win32-Shipping.uproject'

What do you suggest for getting it to work?

Thank you!

Carlos
                      Last edited by Carlos Flores; 05-17-2016, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Flores View Post
                        So I managed to pack and ship for Windows 32, without making changes to the original files you provided, just moving the parent Plugin folder to C:\Program Files\Epic Games\4.11\Engine\Plugins\Runtime\

The problem is that now I get the following error when I try to run the packaged .exe file: Failed to open descriptor file '../../../ProjectName-Win32-Shipping.uproject'

What do you suggest for getting it to work?

Thank you!

Carlos
                        I'm not sure, has anyone else had this issue?

The win32 shipping binaries in engine folder should be enough to get it working, it works in win64 ?

By the way

Welcome to the UE4 Forums!

Rama

Comment

Hey, Rama, will you compile 4.12 version of the plugin? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Rama Gamepad UMG Plugin 4.12

Originally posted by tosith View Post
                            Hey, Rama, will you compile 4.12 version of the plugin? Thanks in advance.
                            Dear Community,

I"ve now released a 4.12 version of my Gamepad UMG plugin!

~~~ Marketplace Official C++ Plugin Packaging Method ~~~

I am now using Epic's Marketplace official C++ plugin packaging method, and I am providing you with packaged binaries for win32 and win64 development and shipping, as well as the editor binaries.

~~~ Full UE4 Project For You ~~~

I am also giving you the .uproject I test with so you can immediately try out the plugin with no setup delay, and use my UE4 project as a reference when using the plugin in your own project!

Media Fire Download Link (64 mb)
                            https://www.mediafire.com/?93lf2mbtkh98dv3

Enjoooy!

Rama
                            Last edited by Rama; 06-19-2016, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Hey everyone! Here's some ideas for you from a Destiny controller-cursor breakdown by Bungie:

Comment

Thank you, Rama. I can confirm 4.12 version of the plug-in work just fine on c++ and blueprints only projects. Building successfully win64 with shipping configuration.

Comment

Working...
                                X