Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamepad-Friendly UMG ~ Control Cursor with Gamepad Analog Stick! Easily Click Buttons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The plug-in is great! Thank you Rama! Maybe I don't understand something obvious, but how to change default LeftStick control to RightStick? Anyway plugin is very useful, thanks again!

Comment

@Rama

Any news on the bugs i reported? I'm still stucked at this ^^'
      Sorry for bothering with this.
      "sic parvis magna"
      @Meguido

Comment

Rama, you are absolutely fantastic I will definitely try this out in one of my projects!
        "For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer." Arnold Schwarzenegger
        Unreal Engine Developers Denmark
        My Blog/Website: http://CrazyToby.com

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyToby View Post
          Rama, you are absolutely fantastic I will definitely try this out in one of my projects!
          Hee hee!

Rama

~~~

Issue: Repeatedly Opening and Closing UMG Cursor Menu

@Meguido

I had no trouble repeatedly adding and removing the UMG widget that I use with the cursor mode, and repeatedly start and stopping the gamepad UMG cursor mode, using this addition to my sample project, which is now updated to 4.10

Video Proof

I demo opening, closing, moving around, and reopening the menu in my Twitter post that I just made

Twitter Link
          https://twitter.com/ue4code/status/677343540666638337

Please try this and see how it goes!

Rama

Click image for larger version

Name:	RepeatedlyAddRemoveGamepad.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	272.5 KB
ID:	1097095
          Last edited by Rama; 12-17-2015, 02:10 AM.
          100+ UE4 C++ Tutorials on the UE4 Code Wiki, including UE4 Multi-Threading!

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Visit www.ue4code.com to see lots of videos about my C++ Creations! ♥ Rama

Comment

Updated to 4.10

Dear Community,

I've updated my Gamepad project to 4.10!

I am still including:

1. Whole project you see in video,
            2. The plugin itself,
            3. Packaged binary for Win32 shipping!
            4. Package binary for Win64 Development
            5. And of course the editor binary for the plugin and main game!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ko...GamepadUMG.zip

Enjoy!

Rama

UE4 Marketplace: Melee Weapon Plugin & Compressed Binary Save System Plugin | Rama's C++ AI Jumping Videos | Vertex Snap Editor Plugin

Comment

thanks share

Comment

@Rama

Oh that's weird, i'll have to test it out again maybe i made some mistake. I'll take a look at the 4.10 version too.
                Thank you!
                "sic parvis magna"
                @Meguido

Comment

Thanks Nick and Rama! Now I need to get cracking on making this work with 3D widgets so it works in VR for our in-game desktop environments.
                  Klepto - Burglary Simulator

Comment

This is amazing! Thank you Nick and Rama! I've been waiting 6 months for someone to make something like this now.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rama.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.5 KB
ID:	1097199

Comment

Originally posted by SVR33 View Post
                      This is amazing! Thank you Nick and Rama! I've been waiting 6 months for someone to make something like this now.
                      You're welcome SVR33!

Have fun with the plugin!

Rama

Comment

hello, I am using this plugin in my project and it is just fantastic, its works perfectly, the only thing I would suggest if you ever want to improve it is to enable mouse scrolling from the gamepad as well. For example you could make it that when we press the joystick used to move the cursor, and then move the joystick up and down it act as a mouse scroll, so the player can use the scrollbox without clicking on the cursor and dragging it up and down :P

Other than that I just love it!

Comment

4.11 binaries? This is a phenomenal plugin.

Comment

Great plugin, although I've noticed that when clicking into open space (not on a widget) the cursor disappears for me :/ Is this intended?
                            Q.U.B.E. 2 | Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut

Comment

Any chance you will provide binaries for Android / iOS / Linux ? Thanks.

Comment

Hey Rama,

many thanks for the great plugin. I love it!

Though, I got one specific problem:
                                We have a UI where you can navigate the analog cursor and can click list items, representing normal keyboard bindings, to bind a new key.
                                I want to ignore all gamepad input for those bindings. The problem is the Gamepad_A button is recognized as LeftMouseButton to click widgets of course.

A similar task, I struggle with:
                                Our UI is able to switch displayed key icons, depending on the current input device: gamepad or keyboard/mouse.
                                Because of the fact, Gamepad_A is the same as LeftMouseButton, I had to exclude LeftMouseButton from that function for the time being, thus clicks on any UI widget won't change the key icons.
                                But they shall change on Gamepad_A / LeftMouseButton again.

The question:
                                Is it possible to toggle what is returned from Gamepad_A with a boolean somehow?
                                Maybe in combination with the IsCursorOverInteractableWidget() function?

Comment

Working...
                                X