Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamepad-Friendly UMG ~ Control Cursor with Gamepad Analog Stick! Easily Click Buttons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Fleece_Cardigan I can't find a way to fix that currently. I Will post if I will find a solution later.
    How to create first person shooter game from scratch. Lots of tutorials: http://www.shootertutorial.com - celebrating 50th Tutorial!

My Marketplace Assets

Comment

intoxicat3 Thanks. New to unreal and UMG is still a bit arcane to me, but I think it has to do with the way UMG calls certain functions. For instance: I noticed OnMouseEnter and OnMouseLeave are also not called, but on mouse move seems to work fine.

Comment

Hey,
        Is this plugin still supported and will be updated to newer versions like 4.6 (in the future) or is there an alternative?

And supports this plugin drag and drop?

Greez
        ​​​

Comment

Originally posted by PrincePac92 View Post
          Hey,
          Is this plugin still supported and will be updated to newer versions like 4.6 (in the future) or is there an alternative?

And supports this plugin drag and drop?

Greez
          ​​​
          Welcome to the party, pal! Over the years, a few different people have updated Rama's plugin to new engine versions. Unfortunately, that's outside my skill set, so I'll just wait patiently here with you. I'm sure some kind soul will share the 4.26 update when they have a chance.

Comment

Hi, thanks to nick, rama, and everyone who worked on this! quick question - is there any way that i can remove the left mouse button click on the gamepad that this adds?

Comment

Originally posted by SVR33 View Post

Welcome to the party, pal! Over the years, a few different people have updated Rama's plugin to new engine versions. Unfortunately, that's outside my skill set, so I'll just wait patiently here with you. I'm sure some kind soul will share the 4.26 update when they have a chance.
              I hope you have right.
              It will be a shame if implement this and cant use it in newer versions.

Comment

no idea how to resolve these errors but this is what i get when i try to manually rebuild for 4.26 from 4.25. this is a sample of the errors

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
                Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) class UClass * __cdecl Z_Construct_UClass_UDeveloperSettings(void)" (__imp_?Z_Construct_UClass_UDeveloperSettings@@YAPEAVUClass@@XZ) referenced in function "void __cdecl `dynamic initializer for 'public: static class UObject * (__cdecl*const * const Z_Construct_UClass_UGamepadCursorSettings_Statics:ependentSingletons)(void)''(void)" (??__E?DependentSingletons@Z_Construct_UClass_UGamepadCursorSettings_Statics@@2QBQ6APEAVUObject@@XZB@@YAXXZ) cpluspluginfix C:\Users\3950\Documents\cpluspluginfix\cpluspluginfix\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\Module.GamepadUMGPlugin.gen.cpp.obj 1
                Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: __cdecl UDeveloperSettings::UDeveloperSettings(class FVTableHelper &)" (__imp_??0UDeveloperSettings@@QEAA@AEAVFVTableHelper@@@Z) referenced in function "public: __cdecl UGamepadCursorSettings::UGamepadCursorSettings(class FVTableHelper &)" (??0UGamepadCursorSettings@@QEAA@AEAVFVTableHelper@@@Z) cpluspluginfix C:\Users\3950\Documents\cpluspluginfix\cpluspluginfix\Intermediate\ProjectFiles\Module.GamepadUMGPlugin.gen.cpp.obj 1
                C:\Users\3950\Documents\cpluspluginfix\cpluspluginfix\Plugins\GamepadUMGPlugin\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-GamepadUMGPlugin.dll 1
                Error MSB3073 The command "chcp 65001 >NUL && "C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.26\Engine\Build\BatchFiles\Rebuild.bat" cpluspluginfixEditor Win64 Development -Project="C:\Users\3950\Documents\cpluspluginfix\cpluspluginfix\cpluspluginfix.uproject" -WaitMutex -FromMsBuild" exited with code -1. cpluspluginfix C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.MakeFile.Targets 54
                Last edited by g1i7chp37s; 12-04-2020, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SB1985 View Post
                  I have 4.22 and 4.23 versions (and a tutorial for how to use it) on my website (LINK).
                  are you willing to cook something up again for 4.26? appreciate'cha

Comment

4.26 port https://sb1985.com/other-2/gameplay/...g-the-gamepad/

Have fun!
                    FPS Game Starter Kit
                    Retro Game Starter Kit
                    Quiz Game Starter Kit
                    Twin Stick Game Starter Kit

Comment

Originally posted by SB1985 View Post
                      thanks appreciate rama & you!!

Comment

Originally posted by g1i7chp37s View Post
                        no idea how to resolve these errors but this is what i get when i try to manually rebuild for 4.26 from 4.25. this is a sample of the errors [..]
                        I ran into the same issue. For me it turned out to be an outdated version of Visual Studio. Try to update to the latest version, which is 16.8.2 right now, and the problem should go away.
                        Gerke Max Preussner | UE4 Programming Consultant

Logo
                        Follow me on Github | Goodreads | Linkedin | Pinterest | SlideShare | Twitter.
                        Chat with me as gmpreussner on Discord.

Comment

Working...
                        X