Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamepad-Friendly UMG ~ Control Cursor with Gamepad Analog Stick! Easily Click Buttons!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Joker of all trades View Post

    Right I couldn't find where a "A" button was being called from or assigned either. Also somewhere in the plugin it over rules any button inputs assigned in blueprints during cursor enabled.
    Nick Darnell

    There is no reference in the blueprint either as far as I can see this seems to be on the engine level with software cursor I think

    It's like the "Gamepad bottom face button" (A button) gets reassigned forced to be Primary input regardless of what you set it to or not.
    Last edited by GreenHowitzer; 08-22-2019, 09:45 PM.

    Comment


      Requesting a updated version of this amazing plugin, 4.23 just came out so figured I'd put in a formal request for a packaged updated version. Thankjs guys.

      Comment


        I have 4.22 and 4.23 versions (and a tutorial for how to use it) on my website (LINK).
        FPS Game Starter Kit
        Retro Game Starter Kit
        Quiz Game Starter Kit
        Twin Stick Game Starter Kit

        Comment


          Awesome work SB1985 <3 Thank you for the updated version. Also, would you possibly be able to share/github your Visual Studio project so we can help keep this awesome plugin updated in the future? Thanks :3
          Last edited by xcloudx01; 10-13-2019, 02:31 AM.

          Comment


            Thank you SB1985

            Comment


              Originally posted by xcloudx01 View Post
              Awesome work SB1985 <3 Thank you for the updated version. Also, would you possibly be able to share/github your Visual Studio project so we can help keep this awesome plugin updated in the future? Thanks :3
              Hey, thanks! I used the link from page 1 and compiled it on those engine versions, there isn't any difference inside the code itself, other than the engine version stuff. Turns out no other changes were required and it did not give any compile errors of any kind. Once I made sure it works properly in test projects I uploaded the compiled versions.
              Originally posted by Beavers01 View Post
              Thank you SB1985
              No problem!
              FPS Game Starter Kit
              Retro Game Starter Kit
              Quiz Game Starter Kit
              Twin Stick Game Starter Kit

              Comment


                I'm trying to build my game, but it's giving this error:

                ERROR: Missing precompiled manifest for 'GamepadUMGPlugin'. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set 'PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;' in GamepadUMGPlugin.build.cs to override.
                PackagingResults: Error: Missing precompiled manifest for 'GamepadUMGPlugin'. This module was most likely not flagged for being included in a precompiled build - set 'PrecompileForTargets = PrecompileTargetsType.Any;' in GamepadUMGPlugin.build.cs to override.
                I tried adding the line in but i can't seem to get it working ^^. Any ideas? Thanks <3

                Comment


                  Did anyone ever find out where you can change the thumb sticks and face buttons?

                  Thanks.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by xcloudx01 View Post
                    I'm trying to build my game, but it's giving this error:



                    I tried adding the line in but i can't seem to get it working ^^. Any ideas? Thanks <3
                    Make sure you complete step #2 on tutorial, I had the same problem and this fixed it!
                    https://sb1985.com/other-2/gameplay/...g-the-gamepad/

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Joker of all trades View Post
                      Did anyone ever find out where you can change the thumb sticks and face buttons?

                      Thanks.
                      nope this community is pretty terrible no one helps anyone I regret leaving unity

                      Comment


                        In case somebody needs it, I ported it over to 4.24, same link as before
                        https://sb1985.com/other-2/gameplay/...g-the-gamepad/
                        FPS Game Starter Kit
                        Retro Game Starter Kit
                        Quiz Game Starter Kit
                        Twin Stick Game Starter Kit

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by SB1985 View Post
                          In case somebody needs it, I ported it over to 4.24, same link as before
                          https://sb1985.com/other-2/gameplay/...g-the-gamepad/
                          Thank you SB1985 !

                          Comment


                            For those looking at how to change which analogue stick the input is taken from, in GameAnalogCursor.cpp line 136...
                            Code:
                            //grab the cursor acceleration
                            const FVector2D AccelFromAnalogStick = GetAnalogCursorAccelerationValue(GetAnalogValues(), DPIScale);

                            GetAnalogValues() is the function which gets the stick input, and it can take an argument which is the stick to read, EAnalogStick. It defaults to EAnalogStick::Left, and I'm guessing because its such a common use case this code doesn't worry about the possibility of changing that. I needed to, and I see a few of you do too, so if you add an argument in here you can change the line to use a different stick...
                            Code:
                            //grab the cursor acceleration
                            const FVector2D AccelFromAnalogStick = GetAnalogCursorAccelerationValue(GetAnalogValues(EAnalogStick::Right), DPIScale);

                            You can expose this as a new setting to the editor, but it requires a bit of workaround. This is because EAnalogStick is not a UENUM, which means it can't be used on a UPROPERTY. However, I worked around this by creating a new UENUM in GamepadCursorSettings.h (I called mine EGamepadAnalogStick), which has the same members "Left", "Right", "Max". You can then make a UPROPERTY based on EGamepadAnalogStick (or whatever you call yours), which allows that value to be changed in the editor along with the others. Now you can create a new inline function to return EAnalogStick, and have that function work out which of the EAnalogStick values is the same as your EGamepadAnalogStick values. Finally, call that function as the argument for GetAnalogValues and you've got yourself a new editor setting for the stick!

                            Comment


                              It's nice to see this plugin updated with the new versions of UE4.

                              I have one concern tho : Where is gone the HappyCursor ? I installed the plugin through SB 1985's tutorial and I can't find any content related to the cursor's visual any longer. (Edit : Oops ! I'm clumsy. The updates do not come with all the Plugin's content... maybe it should in the future ?)

                              I have another question yet : How do you override the Software Cursor for different menus in their Blueprints ? I can't access Software Cursor from here.

                              And another one in fact : The plugin works when I play my Level for the first time after lauching UE4, but if I play a second time, the stick do not move the cursor anymore. Why is it ?

                              Lastly, how do you make the actual mouse use the Plugin's virtual cursor's acceleration and stuff ?
                              Last edited by YukiTaiyo; 01-11-2020, 05:06 AM.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by YukiTaiyo View Post
                                It's nice to see this plugin updated with the new versions of UE4.

                                I have one concern tho : Where is gone the HappyCursor ? I installed the plugin through SB 1985's tutorial and I can't find any content related to the cursor's visual any longer. (Edit : Oops ! I'm clumsy. The updates do not come with all the Plugin's content... maybe it should in the future ?)

                                I have another question yet : How do you override the Software Cursor for different menus in their Blueprints ? I can't access Software Cursor from here.

                                And another one in fact : The plugin works when I play my Level for the first time after lauching UE4, but if I play a second time, the stick do not move the cursor anymore. Why is it ?

                                Lastly, how do you make the actual mouse use the Plugin's virtual cursor's acceleration and stuff ?
                                You have to use the disable virtual cursor function from the player controller, basically turn it off when you want movement back on the player

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X