Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamepad-Friendly UMG ~ Control Cursor with Gamepad Analog Stick! Easily Click Buttons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joker of all trades View Post

Yes! I set up my nodes like Rama did in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35-D6ZZHedI

Here are my shots:

Thanks
    On the cursor you added the BP of the HUD menu, not the cursor you need other UMG for the cursor only and set it there.

If you check the Github file you need the "Content/UMG" folder and the cursor asset must be "HappyCursor.uasset"
    Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
    Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

Originally posted by Hevedy View Post

On the cursor you added the BP of the HUD menu, not the cursor you need other UMG for the cursor only and set it there.

If you check the Github file you need the "Content/UMG" folder and the cursor asset must be "HappyCursor.uasset"
      Still no difference. It shows up but does not move with thumb stick.

Click image for larger version

Name:	happy-cursor.png
Views:	149
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	1653258

Comment

I would like you to try something, restart the editor, dont press play.
        Put a delay node after you enable virtual, then a delay of 0.2 and put the same node again.
        Now try play in viewport.

Its how my system works, everynode has to be called twice in another frame.

Comment

Originally posted by Filly_The_Owl View Post
          I would like you to try something, restart the editor, dont press play.
          Put a delay node after you enable virtual, then a delay of 0.2 and put the same node again.
          Now try play in viewport.

Its how my system works, everynode has to be called twice in another frame.
          It worked thanks! I guess its put on an endless loop.

One small issue is that it's slow moving in the up direction or to the right, but great moving down or to the left. I'll fiddle around with the settings, and see what I can do.

two questions, 1 is it possible to switch which thumb stick controls the UMG? 2 can this work with multiplayer?

Thanks again!

I've added what I'm currently working with and this is 4.21.1 with VS 2017.

Name:	UMG-UI.png
Views:	107
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	1653620Click image for larger version

Name:	UMG-BP.png
Views:	107
Size:	313.2 KB
ID:	1653621Click image for larger version

Name:	UMG-Cursor-settings.png
Views:	142
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	1653622
          Attached Files

Comment

Dont put it on an endless loop. Just call it twice in different frames.

Comment

Originally posted by Filly_The_Owl View Post
              Dont put it on an endless loop. Just call it twice in different frames.
              It now works Thank you sooo much!

Is it possible to remap the controls? For example having the right thumb stick move the UMG and changing the "A" action button to another button?

Thanks again and here is what I have.

Name:	UMG-BP2.png
Views:	116
Size:	322.8 KB
ID:	1653968

Comment

Is it possible to remap the controls? For example having the right thumb stick move the UMG and changing the "A" action button to another button?
                I'm also looking to switch the Gamepad buttons for the UMG A button for me is go back.

The gamepad inputs both buttons X and A Gamepad, Gamepad Button Left and bottom. Bottom Face button is SecondaryInput button for me.

How do I disable two gamepad buttons from acting as input I only need the one?

Thank you
                Last edited by GreenHowitzer; 08-17-2019, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Is there any solution for the input on gamepad? The gamepad inputs both buttons X and A Gamepad. I only need it to use one gamepad face button.
                  Last edited by GreenHowitzer; 08-19-2019, 10:15 PM. Reason: punctuation

Comment

Originally posted by GreenHowitzer View Post
                    Is there any solution for the input on gamepad? The gamepad inputs both buttons X and A Gamepad. I only need it to use one gamepad face button.
                    Not on my end, but I'm only getting "A" as a face input not "X" Maybe its the plugin version?

try the 21.1 UMG

Any way to switch thumbsticks?

Comment

Not on my end, but I'm only getting "A" as a face input not "X" Maybe its the plugin version?

try the 21.1 UMG

Any way to switch thumbsticks?
                      I assume if we knew where to look in the code we could change the inputs I don't think there is any front end support for that.

Comment

I assume if we knew where to look in the code we could change the inputs I don't think there is any front end support for that.
                        Any luck with yours in 21.1 UMG?

I wonder if I can add a true false variable to the code then control that in blue prints to be able to switch thumbsticks as an option.

Comment

Any luck with yours in 21.1 UMG?

I wonder if I can add a true false variable to the code then control that in blue prints to be able to switch thumbsticks as an option.
                          I hope that update is for 4.20 also will test and post back

Comment

Ok everything on the UMG end works as intended. My inquiry is more unique to my game. I'm trying to map other gamepad buttons like the d-pad when I'm able to also use the UMG thumbstick. It seems as though when the cursor is active all other buttons are disabled.

I'm not sure where I should add the other thumbstick event input and buttons into the plug in code. It's been a while since I've been in code. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

I'm guessing in here, but I have not seems anything explicitly calling out "gamepad Right thumb stick" maybe "FGameAnalogCursor" is left thumb stick?

Thanks.

Name:	Game-anlog-cursor.png
Views:	118
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	1655668

Comment

I need to know why when the Cursor is on screen the bottom gamepad face bottom becomes interact

using updated plugin there is no reference to this input in the plugins source?
                              Last edited by GreenHowitzer; 08-22-2019, 01:19 PM.

Comment

I need to know why when the Cursor is on screen the bottom gamepad face bottom becomes interact

using updated plugin there is no reference to this input in the plugins source?
                                Right I couldn't find where a "A" button was being called from or assigned either. Also somewhere in the plugin it over rules any button inputs assigned in blueprints during cursor enabled.

Comment

Working...
                                X