Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamepad-Friendly UMG ~ Control Cursor with Gamepad Analog Stick! Easily Click Buttons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maxwell_n11 Using this I can't get the engine to package the game using the plugin. It doesn't matter if I use 32 bit or 64 bit doesn't matter if I use shipping or development. No matter what simply having this plugin stops builds.

PackagingResults: Error: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.21\Engine\Plugins\GamepadUMGPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Development\GamepadUMGPlugin\GamepadUMGPlugin.precompiled'.

PackagingResults: Error: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.21\Engine\Plugins\GamepadUMGPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win32\UE4\Shipping\GamepadUMGPlugin\GamepadUMGPlugin.precompiled'.
    Last edited by Slimwaffle; 05-26-2019, 05:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slimwaffle View Post
      Maxwell_n11 Using this I can't get the engine to package the game using the plugin. It doesn't matter if I use 32 bit or 64 bit doesn't matter if I use shipping or development. No matter what simply having this plugin stops builds.

PackagingResults: Error: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.21\Engine\Plugins\GamepadUMGPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win64\UE4\Development\GamepadUMGPlugin\GamepadUMGPlugin.precompiled'.

PackagingResults: Error: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.21\Engine\Plugins\GamepadUMGPlugin\Intermediate\Build\Win32\UE4\Shipping\GamepadUMGPlugin\GamepadUMGPlugin.precompiled'.
      Same problem here.
      I cannot find a solution...
      Thanks in advance

Comment

Has anyone been able to package successfully in 4.22?

Comment

Originally posted by Maxwell_n11 View Post
          4.21 and 4.22 version.
          Let me know if you encounter some issues.
          made a folder called plugins in a 4.22.2 project and extracted the folders from your 4.22 zip there. Launched project, project said the files werent compiled for my engine version. rebuiild? hit yes and it said it failed and to rebuild from source or something similar

tried with 4.21 as well. am i doing something wrong?
          Last edited by g1i7chp37s; 06-06-2019, 03:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SVR33 View Post
            Has anyone been able to package successfully in 4.22?
            I have, or at least it seems to be working correctly.

Edit: sorry, I read it as compile. The plugin compiles correctly, but when packaging, it acts as if the plugin doesn't exist and all related BP nodes are reported as missing in the output log

oh, and when I try to build solution in VS, I get this:
            (projectname)\Plugins\GamepadUMGPlugin\Source\GamepadUMGPlugin\GamepadUMGPlugin.Build.cs : warning : Modules must specify an explicit precompiled header (eg. PrivatePCHHeaderFile = "Private/GamepadUMGPluginPrivatePCH.h") from UE 4.21 onwards.

I don't know much C++, but I think maybe it could be related to to why the plugin won't package.
            Last edited by Jonencloud; 07-12-2019, 06:46 PM.

Comment

It seems to be working fine for me, I packaged this week after updating VS.

Comment

Originally posted by SVR33 View Post
                It seems to be working fine for me, I packaged this week after updating VS.
                So that is the fix correct? Have the updated 4.21 plugin with visual studios 2017 at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Joker of all trades View Post

So that is the fix correct? Have the updated 4.21 plugin with visual studios 2017 at least.
                  I can't promise anything, but updating VS worked for me. I've packaged multiple times since with no issue.

Comment

May not be the right place to ask, but I figured I'd try. With Visual studio 2017 can I port to Xbox one?

Comment

Rama
                      I'm having an issue with the gamepad inputs both buttons X and A Gamepad Left and bottom buttons act as input at all times. Bottom Face button is SecondaryInput button for me.

How do I disable two gamepad keys from acting as input?

Comment

A friend of mine recently updated this plugin, the code was a mess on 21, prolly an update issue. Its fully operational on 23 now.

https://github.com/Hevedy/UE4GamepadUMG

Comment

Originally posted by Filly_The_Owl View Post
                          A friend of mine recently updated this plugin, the code was a mess on 21, prolly an update issue. Its fully operational on 23 now.

https://github.com/Hevedy/UE4GamepadUMG
                          I just pulled a few days ago and it's not working completely. I can get the UI graphic to show up in game, but I can't seem to move it with the thumbstick. I can only move it with the mouse.

Thanks

Comment

Can you show me your nodes? This plugins adds nodes that you need to place yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Filly_The_Owl View Post
                              Can you show me your nodes? This plugins adds nodes that you need to place yourself.
                              Yes! I set up my nodes like Rama did in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35-D6ZZHedI

Here are my shots:

Click image for larger version

Name:	UMG-UI-Settings.png
Views:	38
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	1652866

Click image for larger version

Name:	UMG-Blueprint.png
Views:	37
Size:	335.3 KB
ID:	1652867
                              Thanks

Comment

I started investigating. It seems like the default files from github are indeed bogus. No promises can be made.

Comment

Working...
                                X