Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamepad-Friendly UMG ~ Control Cursor with Gamepad Analog Stick! Easily Click Buttons!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlphaHemi View Post
    Could someone please post a link to a downloadable version of the 4.20 update
    Did you try downloading https://github.com/metahusk/UE4Gamep...ive/master.zip and copying the plugin folder into your project's plugin folder?

Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
    Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

Comment

No Parvan, I have never done that before. Worked great, thank you for the link and advice.

Comment

Anyone have any other ideas? Every time I try to use it says the plugins modules are missing

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaHemi View Post
          Anyone have any other ideas? Every time I try to use it says the plugins modules are missing
          What does it say? Are they failing to compile? Are you using Visual Studio 2017?

Comment

Here's a fix for a bug that happens if EnableAnalogCursor is called more than once without calling DisableAnalogCursor. Can't believe that no one has encountered this bug before:
            https://github.com/EverNewJoy/UE4Gam...G/pull/7/files
            My game: Wetwork
            http://jcgames.lv

Comment

Originally posted by serioussam909 View Post
              Here's a fix for a bug that happens if EnableAnalogCursor is called more than once without calling DisableAnalogCursor. Can't believe that no one has encountered this bug before:
              Thanks for the bug fix!

Comment

How has no one made this work with the right analog stick instead of the left? Seems like its pretty much useless without that ability.

I suck at coding, but I'll try to hack it in myself today.

Comment

Originally posted by Greylan1 View Post
                  How has no one made this work with the right analog stick instead of the left? Seems like its pretty much useless without that ability.
                  Totally agree with that If you could try, it would be great!

Comment

Originally posted by Greylan1 View Post

I suck at coding, but I'll try to hack it in myself today.
                    GetAnalogValues takes an input value for which stick to fetch, it's defaulting to the left stick

Update line 136 in GameAnalogCursor.cpp:

//grab the cursor acceleration
                    const FVector2D AccelFromAnalogStick = GetAnalogCursorAccelerationValue(GetAnalogValues(EAnalogStick::Right), DPIScale);

Comment

I had to call in the big guns, and he fixed the BS for us. It's nice to have smart friends lol.

Comment

I found an amazing plugin on the unreal marketplace.

With gamepad, keyboard and mouse support. You can move mouse with any analog stick with it.
                        And the best part for me - all in blueprints!

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketp...mouse-support#

Click image for larger version

Name:	img51920x108098262e3a571f2170d89a0864354ab834.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	1526975
                        Last edited by Alara; 09-12-2018, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by serioussam909 View Post
                          THANK YOU. Hit that bug right off the bat. One PIE session would work, the next wouldn't. Was a little worried as that is usually hard to figure out.

Does this need to be modified for 'press and hold' to work? It seems like 1 time clicks are all I can do..

Edit: yeah, unfortunately it looks like Drag and Drop is not supported : ( I'm still learning C++ so if anyone could let me know what needs to be implemented for this to work, that would be awesome. If I could even disable the auto use of the (face button down) I might be able to override it in BP

Edit2: Also, I guess it's self evident but this won't work in co-op as Unreal and Windows can only handle one mouse. Guess I have to learn C++ heh
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by Notion; 09-13-2018, 07:15 PM.

Comment

Hey, I really love this plugin, although I've been banging my head against the wall for a few hours.

Anyway I modified my project to support splitscreen and the gamepad axis no longer worked.

For anyone that runs into this problem:

It seems that EnableAnalogCursor and DisableVirtualCursor call SetInputToGameMode (while the current mode is SetInputToGameAndUI)

SetInputToGameMode does not allow GamePad Axis to function.

The workaround is to just call SetInputGameAndUI after each EnableAnalogCursor and DisableVirtualCursor call.

------------
                            Note: A permanent solution should just check input mode and use that instead.
                            Note 2: If you decided to fix this, you might want to include the 'HideCursorDuringCaptureFlag' as well for full consistency.

Comment

Anyone else having an issue where button hover events are getting called twice? They only get called once with my mouse like expected but with the gamepad virtual mouse they are getting called twice. Also when hovering over a button, clicking and holding, then moving with the gamepad the hovered events only get called once, until button is released, then they go back to getting called twice.

I noticed this because of UI hover sounds playing twice. So far the only work around I have figured out is to not use the hovered sound default, and instead use the on hovered event that goes through a do once, then plays a sound, then the on unhovered event to reset the do once.

Would be really awesome if somebody has a better solution or fix?
                              Last edited by Steve SybrSyn; 10-17-2018, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Parvan View Post

What does it say? Are they failing to compile? Are you using Visual Studio 2017?
                                I'm running into this same problem. In specific the error window says: "the following modules are missing or built with a different engine version -- GamepadUMGPlugin -- would you like to rebuild them now?"

I hit "yes" and I get another error message saying the project couldn't be compiled, and to try rebuilding from source manually.

I do have VS2017. This is all a little beyond me, so any advice to helpful.
                                I'm an artist! Check out my work at https://cinebst.wixsite.com/cinebeastart and hit me up!

You can e-mail me at cinebst@gmail.com.

Comment

Working...
                                X