Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamepad-Friendly UMG ~ Control Cursor with Gamepad Analog Stick! Easily Click Buttons!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Hey guys,

    Code:
    Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
    Warning    C4996    'FSlateApplication::SetInputPreProcessor': SetInputPreProcessor(...) is deprecated. Use RegisterInputPreProcessor(...) and/or UnregisterInputPreProcessor(...) / UnregisterAllInputPreProcessors(...) instead. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.    GameModes    F:\Unreal Engine 4\Project Aruna\MVP\ue4-repo\GameModes\Plugins\GamepadUMGPlugin\Source\GamepadUMGPlugin\Private\GameAnalogCursor.cpp    27    
    Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
    Warning    C4996    'FSlateApplication::SetInputPreProcessor': SetInputPreProcessor(...) is deprecated. Use RegisterInputPreProcessor(...) and/or UnregisterInputPreProcessor(...) / UnregisterAllInputPreProcessors(...) instead. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.    GameModes    F:\Unreal Engine 4\Project Aruna\MVP\ue4-repo\GameModes\Plugins\GamepadUMGPlugin\Source\GamepadUMGPlugin\Private\GameAnalogCursor.cpp    48
    somebody can help with these warning from VS 2017?

    Comment


      **** this is cool, legit.

      Comment


        Does anyone here know if it is possible to move the mouse cursor inside of a widget using arrow keys, with similar drag and acceleration functionality to this gamepad UMG plugin?

        (Yes, I am looking for the equivalent of Microsoft Mouse Keys for Unreal) :/

        The player needs to be able to move the cursor by a single screen co-ordinate along the x or y axis, but also to be able to hold an arrow key down and zip along an single axis in a straight line.

        Ideally I would like the ability to use this functionality in-game also, to have it permanently active in order to make very precise camera movements.

        Thank you in advance, if anyone has any idea how this could be achieved.

        Comment


          Originally posted by JimPhoenix View Post
          Hey guys,

          Code:
          Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
          Warning C4996 'FSlateApplication::SetInputPreProcessor': SetInputPreProcessor(...) is deprecated. Use RegisterInputPreProcessor(...) and/or UnregisterInputPreProcessor(...) / UnregisterAllInputPreProcessors(...) instead. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile. GameModes F:\Unreal Engine 4\Project Aruna\MVP\ue4-repo\GameModes\Plugins\GamepadUMGPlugin\Source\GamepadUMGPlugin\Private\GameAnalogCursor.cpp 27
          Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
          Warning C4996 'FSlateApplication::SetInputPreProcessor': SetInputPreProcessor(...) is deprecated. Use RegisterInputPreProcessor(...) and/or UnregisterInputPreProcessor(...) / UnregisterAllInputPreProcessors(...) instead. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile. GameModes F:\Unreal Engine 4\Project Aruna\MVP\ue4-repo\GameModes\Plugins\GamepadUMGPlugin\Source\GamepadUMGPlugin\Private\GameAnalogCursor.cpp 48
          somebody can help with these warning from VS 2017?
          I had so many problems with VS 2017 that I moved back to '15.

          Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
          Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

          Comment


            Hello
            First of all thank you for this wonderfull plugin!
            I Tried to make it work though, But I have this error again and again

            Creating makefile for hot reloading knightborne (no existing makefile)
            WARNING: D:\Unreal engine\UE_4.18\Engine\Plugins\GamepadUMGPlugin\Source\GamepadUMGPlugin\GamepadUMGPlugin.Build.cs: warning: Module constructors should take a ReadOnlyTargetRules argument (rather than a TargetInfo argument) and pass it to the base class constructor from 4.15 onwards. Please update the method signature.
            WARNING: C:\Users\Bellafquih\Documents\Unreal Projects\knightborne\Plugins\GamepadUMGPlugin\Source\GamepadUMGPlugin\GamepadUMGPlugin.Build.cs: warning: Module constructors should take a ReadOnlyTargetRules argument (rather than a TargetInfo argument) and pass it to the base class constructor from 4.15 onwards. Please update the method signature.
            ERROR: Couldn't find target rules file for target 'knightborne' in rules assembly 'UE4Rules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
            Location: D:\Unreal engine\UE_4.18\Engine\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\UE4Rules.dll
            Target rules found:
            UE4Editor - D:\Unreal engine\UE_4.18\Engine\Source\UE4Editor.Target.cs
            UE4Game - D:\Unreal engine\UE_4.18\Engine\Source\UE4Game.Target.cs
            UnrealHeaderTool - D:\Unreal engine\UE_4.18\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealHeaderTool\UnrealHeaderTool.Target.cs

            I'm not a programmed, so I can't make sens of this.
            I set up input nodes in both my widget blueprint and player character to try to see where the error intervenes, with little succes.
            I can move the cursor around, but it doesn't seem to click or hover over UI elements that are suposed to react to such inputs!

            Thank you for your help

            Comment


              Originally posted by Bellafquih View Post
              Hello
              First of all thank you for this wonderfull plugin!
              I Tried to make it work though, But I have this error again and again

              Creating makefile for hot reloading knightborne (no existing makefile)
              WARNING: D:\Unreal engine\UE_4.18\Engine\Plugins\GamepadUMGPlugin\Source\GamepadUMGPlugin\GamepadUMGPlugin.Build.cs: warning: Module constructors should take a ReadOnlyTargetRules argument (rather than a TargetInfo argument) and pass it to the base class constructor from 4.15 onwards. Please update the method signature.
              WARNING: C:\Users\Bellafquih\Documents\Unreal Projects\knightborne\Plugins\GamepadUMGPlugin\Source\GamepadUMGPlugin\GamepadUMGPlugin.Build.cs: warning: Module constructors should take a ReadOnlyTargetRules argument (rather than a TargetInfo argument) and pass it to the base class constructor from 4.15 onwards. Please update the method signature.
              ERROR: Couldn't find target rules file for target 'knightborne' in rules assembly 'UE4Rules, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
              Location: D:\Unreal engine\UE_4.18\Engine\Intermediate\Build\BuildRules\UE4Rules.dll
              Target rules found:
              UE4Editor - D:\Unreal engine\UE_4.18\Engine\Source\UE4Editor.Target.cs
              UE4Game - D:\Unreal engine\UE_4.18\Engine\Source\UE4Game.Target.cs
              UnrealHeaderTool - D:\Unreal engine\UE_4.18\Engine\Source\Programs\UnrealHeaderTool\UnrealHeaderTool.Target.cs

              I'm not a programmed, so I can't make sens of this.
              I set up input nodes in both my widget blueprint and player character to try to see where the error intervenes, with little succes.
              I can move the cursor around, but it doesn't seem to click or hover over UI elements that are suposed to react to such inputs!

              Thank you for your help
              Did you try https://github.com/metahusk/UE4GamepadUMG ?

              Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
              Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

              Comment


                I've compiled the plugin for UE 4.19. Get it here:
                https://mega.nz/#!I9MklIjA!kFkLebb0p...Zg-b4tANAelQNY

                GitHub: https://github.com/Draqen4/UE4GamepadUMG

                Does anyone know why it demands the plugin be compiled in the Binaries folder instead of the plugins folder? Im new to C++ but I was able to at least get it compiled and working so you guys can continue to use it.

                Comment


                  I just compiled it for 4.19 with Linux support. If anyone needs it :

                  Comment


                    Well, I still got these lines of warnings (in editor 4.18 / 4.19 output log compile or VS build, same thing):

                    Code:
                    Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
                    Warning    C4996    'FSlateApplication::SetInputPreProcessor': SetInputPreProcessor(...) is deprecated. Use RegisterInputPreProcessor(...) and/or UnregisterInputPreProcessor(...) / UnregisterAllInputPreProcessors(...) instead. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.    GameModes    F:\Unreal Engine 4\Project Aruna\MVP\ue4-repo\GameModes\Plugins\GamepadUMGPlugin\Source\GamepadUMGPlugin\Private\GameAnalogCursor.cpp    27    
                    Severity    Code    Description    Project    File    Line    Suppression State
                    Warning    C4996    'FSlateApplication::SetInputPreProcessor': SetInputPreProcessor(...) is deprecated. Use RegisterInputPreProcessor(...) and/or UnregisterInputPreProcessor(...) / UnregisterAllInputPreProcessors(...) instead. Please update your code to the new API before upgrading to the next release, otherwise your project will no longer compile.    GameModes    F:\Unreal Engine 4\Project Aruna\MVP\ue4-repo\GameModes\Plugins\GamepadUMGPlugin\Source\GamepadUMGPlugin\Private\GameAnalogCursor.cpp    48
                    Looks like some code functions / commands are depricated, any suggestions to fix them?

                    Comment


                      Old thread.. 4.19 update isn't working from gethub..?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by mdmoberly View Post
                        Old thread.. 4.19 update isn't working from gethub..?
                        I double that. Just tried it and it didn't work on 4.19 unfortunately
                        Raed Abbas
                        Multiplayer Game System (MGS) | Nice Inventory System | Nice Lobby System
                        Dynamic Shared Camera


                        IMDB
                        FACEBOOK

                        Comment


                          Simple fix for 4.20, just change the follow code from SetInPutPreProcessor lines to the following:

                          Line 28 in GameAnalogCursor.cpp
                          Code:
                          FSlateApplication::Get().RegisterInputPreProcessor(AnalogCursor);
                          Line 49 in GameAnalogCursor.cpp
                          Code:
                          FSlateApplication::Get().UnregisterInputPreProcessor(GetMutableDefault<UGamepadCursorSettings>()->GetAnalogCursor());
                          Twitter | Twitch

                          Comment


                            The plugin for 4.19 doesn't work at all. It says missing binaries or incompatible with engine. Any fix for this?

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by AmbiguousInt View Post
                              Simple fix for 4.20, just change the follow code from SetInPutPreProcessor lines to the following:

                              Line 28 in GameAnalogCursor.cpp
                              Code:
                              FSlateApplication::Get().RegisterInputPreProcessor(AnalogCursor);
                              Line 49 in GameAnalogCursor.cpp
                              Code:
                              FSlateApplication::Get().UnregisterInputPreProcessor(GetMutableDefault<UGamepadCursorSettings>()->GetAnalogCursor());
                              Thanks, I made a pull request on github with those changes.

                              Metahusk: A 501(c)(3) Creative Development Cooperative
                              Projects | Forums | Repositories | Nonprofit | Donate

                              Comment


                                Could someone please post a link to a downloadable version of the 4.20 update

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X