[FREE] Learning Resources by eXi | currently offline | getting overhaul

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [FREE] Learning Resources by eXi | currently offline | getting overhaul

ALL LINKS ARE CURRENTLY DEAD DUE TO MOVING SERVER AND DOMAIN.
    I WILL UPDATE ALL LINKS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!
    ALL PROJECTS (despite the traffic system) WILL BE RECREATED FOR 4.13, 4.14 AND 4.15.
    THIS TAKES TIME SO PLACE BE PATIENT.

Overall changelist:

22.04.2016 - Updated all supported Projects to 4.11!
    05.02.2016 - Added new BP Only and Free Field of View 2D Top Down project to the list of projects.
    06.12.2015 - Added 4.10 Versions for all project (except the Traffic System)
    02.10.2015 - Added new BP Only and Free Grid Movement project to the list of projects.
    30.09.2015 - Added new BP Only and Free Grid-lile Placing System Project to the list of projects.
    11.09.2015 - Added Wiki Link to Multiplayer Example for a C++ Version (very basic) of the Session System to get Joining, Searching etc running in C++
    06.09.2015 - Added new BP Only and Free References and Blueprint Interaction Project to the list of projects.
    02.09.2015 - Added new BP Only and Free Multiplayer Example Project to the list of projects.

Hey there party people,

this thread should showcase a collection of projects, which i either made for you to learn something or which i abandoned because i lost
    the interest in it. They will all be FREE to download for you!

All projects will be released under MIT license!

Like always, i keep the Blueprints very organized and commented. If you have questions regarding the setup, feel free to ask me.
    I will also try to keep them updated with the new Unreal Engine Updates (currently 4.10).

Current project:

I'm currently not working on any project, but i gather very small ideas like "Typewriting Text Animation Fake", "Sprites turn to Camera" and all that stuff, so stay tuned!

Project list from newest to oldest:

Project Name: Field of View 2D Top Down

Description:
    A small project that shows how to handle a Field of View in 2D Top Down and representing
    it with the "ProceduralMeshComponent". So the View Field actually deforms.

The Project has a TestMap on which you can play a small "Find all invisible Targets" game.
    They will get visible as soon as you get them into your Field of View.

Project Status:
    Finished. Nothing will be added.

Current known Bugs:
    Setting the Resolution of the Mesh too low will cause problems when having 2 edges of 2 different obstacles between two LineTraces.
    A high enough Resolution will make i pretty much impossible to get that case.

Project Versions:
    Download Links:

Project Media:
    The Video shows the Mesh in action. The final project looks a bit different though.

Project Name: Grid Movement

Description:
    Small project to showcase how to create Grid Movement.

It also comes with a really small Random Grid Map (it's really nothing special).

So if you didn't know how to do this by now, here you go. As always, there may be different
    ways to achieve this, but that's my way (:

Project Status:

Current known Bugs: None

Project Versions:
    Download Links:

Project Media:

Project Name: Grid-like Placing System

Description:
    Small project to showcase how to create a grid-like placing system.

This system was originally made for Kitatus. Make sure to visit his website:

kitatus.co.uk and his forum post: Kitatus' Free Books, Projects and Tutorials!

The whole logic is placed into a Component that you can add to your Controller in your own Project
    plus adding all the other stuff into it. Make sure to study the project before attempting to use it in
    your own Project, so you don't run into confusing errors.

Project Status:

Project Versions:
    Download Links:

Project Media:

Project Name: References and Blueprint Interaction

Description:
    Small project to showcase different methods on interacting with Actors in your Scene.
    Showing how to use Blueprint Interfaces to interact with different Actors that don't
    share a parent_Class and also LineTraces + Overlaps.
    Will contain tutorial driven by UMG to explain what is happening etc.

Project Status:
    Finished in version 1.0. Maybe i will add more stuff to it by the time, but currently it is "final"!

Project Versions:
    Download Links:

Project Media:

Project Name: Ball-Bump

Description:
    Small project to showcase a Multiplayer Setup with a Menu and a small Game.
    It also shows how to pass parameters to your new GameMode or save the PlayerName correctly.
    And it will show how to create a GameState setup to handle the specific states of your Game better.

Project Status:
    Finished, but could contain bugs! Please tell me about them and i may try to fix them!

Additional Infos:
    Link to a C++ Version of the Session System to Create, Find, Join and Destroy Sessions in C++. Very Basic
    to show how to get started. Can be extended since it is C++ to match the ShooterGame or even bigger Systems.
    The Ball-Bump Project is NOT using this code. It is using Epics exposed Blueprint functions! So no C++ code in this Project.
    This additional Info is just for people who want to do the same thing in C++!
    How To Use Sessions In C++ Wiki Entry

Project Versions:
    Download Links:

Project Media:

Click me for Youtube Video!

Project Name: Traffic System

Description:
    An incomplete Traffic System which should help creating Street nodes that are used to let AIs find routes to specific marked nodes,
    similar to Grand Theft Auto.

Project Status:
    Never finished. This is an abandoned project that i never finished. Feel free to have a look at it and rip apart what is useful for you!

Project Versions:
    Download Links:

Project Media:

Click me for Youtube Video!

I hope you like that and i see a lot of good critique, i will try to continue this and push out some more fun project (may a really small Pokemon Clone!)

Stay awesome guys and girls! (:
    Last edited by eXi; 02-13-2017, 07:00 PM.
    Open for contracted work | Blueprints | UE4++/C++ | Training | VR | My Website

My UE4 Blog/Page with Free Learning Projects and more: Hit me for ALL the things!

BP Multiplayer Lobby System: [Released] Support Thread! | BP Multiplayer Crafting System: [Released] Support Thread!

I love this eXi thanks you!
    Appreciated ^^
    Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

That's super cool, thank you for the effort!
      Viele Grüße von Josch von MB
      Check out my GTA2 remake in UE4

Comment

I released the Multiplayer Project. You can find the updated Video and the Download link for the 4.8 Version in the main post.
        The 4.9 update will follow later, since i need some time now for other stuff!

If you have questions, problems or find any bug, please let me know so i can fix them!

Originally posted by Hevedy View Post
        I love this eXi thanks you!
        Appreciated ^^
        (: You're welcome!

Originally posted by Hackmet View Post
        That's super cool, thank you for the effort!
        Viele Grüße von Josch von MB
        Ah i'm doing this to learn stuff myself and it's fun to help people, you are welcome!
        Grüße zurück! (:

My UE4 Blog/Page with Free Learning Projects and more: Hit me for ALL the things!

BP Multiplayer Lobby System: [Released] Support Thread! | BP Multiplayer Crafting System: [Released] Support Thread!

Comment

Fantastic stuff Cedric! Ill be sure to download it and check it out.

Im sure this will help alot of new comers to Unreal Engine 4 for a long time to come.

Well done.
          Marketplace Packages

UnrealSlackers is a Community driven group of likeminded people here to discuss UE4! Join UnrealSlackers on Discord!

Comment

Originally posted by DevilsD View Post
            Fantastic stuff Cedric! Ill be sure to download it and check it out.

Im sure this will help alot of new comers to Unreal Engine 4 for a long time to come.

Well done.
            (: Thanks, if you find any bugs, just tell me. Or if i missed something out that you don't understand in the code!

Comment

thanks

Comment

Very good, I've been struggling with creating game modes properly for a while and failing, this is the only multiplayer blueprint game mode demo I've seen! Ill have a good look at it and see if it will help. Cheers
                My website: www.jaspercousins.co.uk

Comment

I moved the discussion with EniGmaa into a new thread:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...icated-Server)

Originally posted by The Cheese Dragon View Post
                  Very good, I've been struggling with creating game modes properly for a while and failing, this is the only multiplayer blueprint game mode demo I've seen! Ill have a good look at it and see if it will help. Cheers
                  You can also use the "Multiplayer Shootout" to have a second reference. It is available in the Learning Tab of the Unreal Launcher.
                  I don't really use multiple GameModes here. I just use one, but i have a pretty cool setup for the GameState class that works itself
                  through setting up the game with multiple steps and waits for all Players to be connected before starting.
                  Last edited by eXi; 09-04-2015, 07:55 AM.

Comment

This is very nice of you eXi (I see that you love multiplayer stuff )
                    Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
                    Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
                    Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
                      This is very nice of you eXi (I see that you love multiplayer stuff )
                      Ha, thanks (: Yeah, we all love playing with friends, so it might be the most fun stuff to actually create multiplayer games!
                      Next project here is SinglePlayer though!

Added a new sneakpeak video with information to the project list (:
                      Last edited by eXi; 09-05-2015, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Updated video showcasing the current status of the next Project:

Comment

Hey there, i finished version 1.0 of the reference project. For now i leave it at this state. I added an update video to the project in the main post,
                          as well as the 4.8 download. 4.9 will come when 4.9.1 is released. I want to avoid bugs at the moment and since it is only for learning, you can easily
                          just open it in 4.8 and look into it (:

Beware, the download is 182MB big, because of actual models and texture used.

Comment

I specially thank for the Multiplayer one Exi. The moment I start fiddling with networking, I will surely check out the things you have done.

I would like to know though, the networking example is only blueprints right? =)
                            Fighting Game Template: PROJECT: Unreal Fighter 2D

Comment

Originally posted by Achilleon View Post
                              I specially thank for the Multiplayer one Exi. The moment I start fiddling with networking, I will surely check out the things you have done.

I would like to know though, the networking example is only blueprints right? =)
                              Yes, all the examples above are only Blueprint. The Replication part can be copied 1:1 to C++. So someone with C++
                              experience shouldn't have a problem creating replicated variables or RPCs that RunOnServer.
                              There are also examples on how to do that in the Wiki and the Docs!

For the Session part, that is way more complex in C++, i already made a Wiki entry with the MOST basic setup to get Sessions
                              running in C++ to join and find Games!

Here is the link: https://wiki.unrealengine.com/How_To...ons_In_C%2B%2B

Comment

Working...
                              X