Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[FREE] Highly WIP Traffic System [4.8]

THE PROJECT IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE - CAN'T LOCATE THE FILES ANYMORE

UPDATE3: Updated the package with MIT License!
    UPDATE2: Lowered file size. New link.
    UPDATE: Fixed link.

Hey there,

some time ago i started a Traffic System just because i wanted to know how to do something like this.
    After some time, i lost interest in this fun project and dropped it. Since a lot of people are asking for it and
    it is still on my harddrive, i converted it to 4.8 and fixed some bugs (you will see a "FixedStreetNode" actor).

This project is NOT FINISHED. I will NOT work on it anymore. I will NOT give any support for broken features!

Feel free to use it and maybe learn how you can start such a thing. Everything else is up to you.

I added a Tutorial Blueprint in the main "Traffic System" folder with some instructions. It is not very well commented, so you
    might find yourself in a spot where you don't understand something. Although i don't give support for broken features, i will still
    be there to answer question on how something works (as long as i can remember).

For a small feature preview, here is a video a recorded some time ago:

There are a lot of things you need to implement. The main and biggest thing missing is the Car AI Logic. It is not avoiding obstacles.
    It is not avoiding turning cars and not humping or anything like what you might know from GTA or something like that.

It will only show you how to manage the data and get your cars to move to a specific location, as well as stopping at traffic lights.
    Last edited by eXi; 02-09-2018, 06:36 AM.
    Open for contracted work | C++/BP (incl. Multiplayer) | Tutoring | VR

My UE4 Blog/Page with Tutorials and more: Hit me for ALL the things!
    (Including 100+ Pages Multiplayer Network Compendium to get you started.)

Thanks eXi this is a nice contribution ^^
    Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
    Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

Cool, thanks for that eXi!

Comment

Very nice!

Thanks Exi

Comment

thank you man!
          its so sad that you dont work on it any more

Comment

Originally posted by MuhammadMadi View Post
            thank you man!
            its so sad that you dont work on it any more
            Depends. I have no interest in this anymore and also no time. I hope a lot of you guys can make something out of it.

Comment

520MB?

you do know, you dont have to package the "saved" and "intermediate" folders, do you?

but thanks anyway! will compare to my own implementation, and if im going to use anything from yours, i might throw something back into the pool from my version

cheers!

/edit: nvm, just saw you packaged the entire startercontent with it...oh well ^^
              Last edited by Ollinator; 08-10-2015, 07:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ollinator View Post
                520MB?
                /edit: nvm, just saw you packaged the entire startercontent with it...oh well ^^
                Oh boy, i definitely deleted the folders, but it seems i reopened the project and they got loaded again.
                Didn't even watch the file size. Uploaded it again with a sweet 14MB. I hope it is still working.

It should load up the StarterContent anyway since the .ini settings are set to true.

Thanks for telling me!

Comment

I reuploaded the package with the MIT license.

Comment

Thanks so much for this, we're making good use of it for Klepto!

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...imulator/page2

Comment

Oh that's awesome! Did not think someone would actually use this, because it was so highly WIP.

Glad you got it to work for your game! (:

Comment

Hey eXi,

Is the download link still available? I'm trying to download it right now and it seems the link isn't working.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Exi

Was so excited to test this with my street system, but alas - Sorry, the file you have requested does not exist. (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B34...ew?usp=sharing)

If anyone else has a copy, could they post it up.

Narg
                          http://www.seven-mountains.eu/

Comment

Hey folks,

sorry for not reading that.

The project, along others, is available to download here:

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...sources-by-eXi

Please keep in mind that the project is stuck in 4.8 and no, i won't update it.
                            Like i explained, i threw it out to you guys for free to check if you could learn something from it,
                            otherwise i would've just deleted it.

Comment

Need help

Hey @ exi
                              Thanks a lot for sharing your project
                              And since I need some help; so I made a thread HERE titled
                              "How can I make a Vehicle move along a path & force it to stop at the end of that path"
                              After watching your video; I think your traffic system may contain the solution for my problem, but I don't know how to catch it... the reason is; simply I know nothing about blueprints..
                              I hope you have the time to lead me for the solution...

Thanks & Best Regards
                              Forgive me; for poor English language

Comment

Working...
                              X