Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mini Tutorial] Camera Crossfade

Hello,

Here's a quick tutorial on how to achieve camera crossfade effect for your cinematics.

End result:

First, create a parameter collection, a new material and a render target 2D texture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	1155567
    • First, create a parameter collection, a new material and a render target 2D texture.
    • Create a scalar parameter in the parameter collection, and set the render target's resolution to the resolution you want to render the sequence at.
    • Set your material's domain to Post Process and Blend Location to Before Tonemapping. Create the material network you see in the screenshot with the collection parameter.

Name:	2.JPG
Size:	256.8 KB
ID:	1155568
    • Inside your level add the material to the Blendable slot of your camera. And then create a SceneCapture2D actor. This will be used as your second camera, so plug the render target texture you created into this actor.

Name:	3.JPG
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	1155569
    • Prepare your Matinee sequence. Create an Event track in one of the groups and set your event key at the keyframe you want the transition to start.

*If you want to use the scenecapture2d camera for more complex animations(not just sliding horizontally, vertically, or just still) then you may want to create a normal camera at the same location and position so that you can use it's preview window.

Name:	4.JPG
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	1155570
    • Finally, call the Matinee into the level BP, set your Timeline as you like and done.

Name:	5.JPG
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	1155574

Now i can hear your sighing in disappointment since this isn't really practical for in-game cinematics because of multiple screen resolutions of the end users. If you have any solutions for that feel free to share with us. Otherwise i can bore you with my utterly stupid workaround ideas.

Sample Project: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0L...ew?usp=sharing
    FREE Color LUT Collection
    FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
    GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
    Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
    Camera Crossfade
    Portfolio

Very nice!

Comment

Nice tutorial, but you know how to do this work on VR?

Cause the VR only render the left eye, and the right eye is like a trail of the last pixel from the left eye, like when you try to repeat a texture and the mode is clamped.
      Any idea to do this?

Comment

Originally posted by cruz.guinho View Post
        Nice tutorial, but you know how to do this work on VR?

Cause the VR only render the left eye, and the right eye is like a trail of the last pixel from the left eye, like when you try to repeat a texture and the mode is clamped.
        Any idea to do this?
        I have no idea, sorry. :\ I have no experience with VR.
        FREE Color LUT Collection
        FREE Physics Driven Spacecraft Project
        GTA Style Vehicle Interaction
        Dynamic DoF(Depth of Field)
        Camera Crossfade
        Portfolio

Comment

Okay, I've solved this with another way.

Thanks for the reply

Comment

Working...
          X