[TOOL] UE4 T3D Converter for bsp brushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    First, make an 8000x8000x8000 additive brush in a new ue4 level before importing \ copy - paste the content of the new generated t3d file into the level.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    It seems this tool is working much better than UT4XConverter.Is Unreal Editor 4 supporting .t3d map files format after using UE4-T3DConverter should I copy and paste texts content as last step,right?Because in most of old maps related to(video games powered by)unreal engine 4 version preccessors 1,2,3 have lots of missing vertices.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    The download link is dead :'(

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Interesting tool. But when i used it to convert maps from Deus Ex 1 to UE4 - the error pops up https://gyazo.com/e2f9710e616a667c59076c9cf91672e8

PS: before that i have been exported them from Deus Ex sdk's Unreal Ed 2.1 to .t3d format. What was wrong?
    Last edited by Jandar-man; 06-26-2016, 02:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey I just tried this on one of my UT3 maps. I export to TD3 and open it in this tool. A bunch of text shows up in the window below. Not sure what to do with the UE4 Material Path window. It defaults to /Games/Materials. Hit convert and it makes a new file in the same directory of the T3D file, but it appears to be another T3D file with this at the end: "_UE4.t3d."

I assume this is how it's supposed to be, but when I try to import into UT4 editor it won't even see those files. What am I missing?

Thanks for any help.

P.S. My UT3 maps were made mostly with static meshes from the game. Will this even work?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great tool, also love the name Lord PorkSword, truly awesome

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yeah this is awesome especially if you use 1.5625 scale of UT3 maps, it's like the most perfect size ever!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Great Tool. Works perfectly. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    sweet tool! Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sweet, worked for me - it was messed up at first when I used a scale of 1.5, but I exported from UE3 again after selecting all the brushes and resetting pivots/pre-pivots and it was all aligned properly in UE4 for me after re-conversion. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Many thanks to the author of this tool! [insert handshake here]
    Works superbly!
    Here's two pics of a map of mine converted from UT3, using scaling of 1.8.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DiabUE4_zpsf70766fe.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	1051011

Click image for larger version

Name:	DiabUE4b_zpseb4d7e4f.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	1051012
    The map is Diabolical from the UT3 low poly UoF mappack shown here: http://unrealoldfriends.activeboard....8/lp-map-pack/
    Last edited by Lord_Porksword; 06-03-2014, 12:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    From my brief attempts, it looks like the conversion size is about 1.6 to 1.7.

That's based on:
    -Running straight from one corner of a small-ish VCTF map to the other and timing it.
    -The current movement speed of the build of UT4 I downloaded last night. The character moves slower than UT3 at the moment, so if that changes, this might change as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thank you all for your observations, fixing the blocking volumes bug seem easy also for the prepivot bug i will do my reaserch
    if anyone want to have a look at the source code feel free to do it https://db.tt/s99tl2ZF
    i will aslo be happy to hear more requests of how it will make conversion stuff easier
    Last edited by kwstasg; 05-26-2014, 02:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Trev discovered a couple bugs with this tool

https://forums.unrealengine.com/show...ll=1#post55774
    Originally posted by Trev
    UE4-T3D has two bugs which are leading to these results.

First, it doesn't account for pre-pivot which is why the maps are scrambled. The user can resolve this by resetting all pre-pivots before export. Second, it is converting blocking volumes to brushes which is why it appears as though it gives more geometry than mine.
    And I discovered that for some reason, when UE4-T3DConverter converts blocking volumes to brushes, it seems to set them to a different material, so it's actually pretty easy to convert them back using Select All With Same Material and then Convert->Blocking Volume

It would be better if the tool simply converted them into blocking volumes in the first place.
    Last edited by JTF195; 05-25-2014, 11:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Because the scaling in previous UE is different to UE4? (16 units per foot vs 100units = 1 meter)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X