No announcement yet.

Master Server with Unreal Engine 4 Plugin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

v25.6.02 - Included pinging clients (should be +- 30ms accuracy, could possibly be improved in a the future, but is a good starting point).
    Please refer to documentation on GitHub page for implementation.
    Last edited by RyroNZ; 06-25-2015, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Great work RyroNZ
      \\VANGUARD INTERACTIVE

Marketplace - Action RPG Inventory System | Multiplayer TopDown Kit | Advanced Social System
      Multiplayer TopDown Kit Tutorials - Merging The Action RPG Inventory System | Removing the Fog of War
      Action RPG Inventory Tutorials - Merging Into Your Project | Adding New Items | FPS Controls w/ UI Mode Toggle

Comment

Thanks FYI if anyone wants to test their client implementation without running the server themselves, I will always be hosting the latest master server on ryanpost.me:8081.

Comment

Quick but hopefully simple question. Can this be used with UE 4.7.6?

I'd test it myself but I'm not in the position to at the moment.

Cheers and thanks.

Comment

Yes, everything should work fine with 4.7.

Comment

Originally posted by Vormulac View Post
              Quick but hopefully simple question. Can this be used with UE 4.7.6?

I'd test it myself but I'm not in the position to at the moment.

Cheers and thanks.
              I can verify this works with 4.8.

Comment

Interesting I will definitely have to check this out. I am working on my own system as well but I am developing mine using OnlineSubSystem interface. The last piece of work i need to complete on the SessionInterface is finishing up the NetDriver before I can start testing over next few days.
                Just a noob grinding in this game we call Life.

Comment

Just updated to 16.7.01 which includes the following change, this is a simple change that improves the accuracy of pinging clients greatly (using a timer was a fine line between CPU usage, and response time.. not ideal!)
                  Modified HttpProcess so it is now being called on Tick, instead of by a Timer. Improves latency accuracy and consistency.

Comment

Hey RyroNZ,

this plugin is really helpful and is nearly what I was aiming for - you brought me a big step further!

I was wondering if you could maybe wrap this inside a Subsystem module, so server registration and joining can work through sessions - as the engine is designed for. The benefit about that would be the possibility to enable Voice Chat support, as that feature is heavily dependent on having a valid session running (and not just using the open <ip> console command to join). It also would have the benefit to theoretically switch to Steam, Xbox Live, etc. by just changing the used subsystem in the ini file.

I checked the UT code as they are using a custom subsystem to communicate with a master server, but I can't find the module's code and I'm a little bit lost right now.

Greetings!

Comment

after enabling plugin, it says master server is missing even though i extracted the zip to the unreal plugin folder, i did also run the setup shortcut

Comment

Any new features or a roadmap for this? And will it work with an ALL blueprint project?

Comment

Nice but the GNU GPL license it's a non compatible/legal license with Unreal Engine 4.
                          Last edited by Hevedy; 08-08-2015, 04:16 PM.
                          Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
                          Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

Heh, god bless you. Maybe you could integrate it with Unreal Shooter Game demo ? I believe many unreal users would be thankful.

Comment

Hi guys, sorry I forgot to actually subscribe to this thread and haven't checked in in awhile.

Yes, I could add it to a Subsystem module and upon further development of our game that does seem to be the way I want to head. It won't really add any more difficulty in incorporating it in your projects.

I will work on getting that complete in the near future (<30 Days).

@DannyK90 Please make sure just the MasterServer folder in the client folder is in YourProject/Plugins folder, and it should work. Don't extract the whole repository into your plugins folder as it is the wrong structure. Please make sure you have "MasterServer" added to your PublicDependencyModules in your project's Build.cs file.
                              @_cDub No, it will not work with an all blueprint project. It is completely useable in blueprint and does not require any C++. But it does need to be a code project, or have a code class added which I think turns it into a code project.
                              @Hevedy Thanks, can you specify a more appropriate license? Cheers.
                              Last edited by RyroNZ; 08-18-2015, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RyroNZ View Post
                                @Hevedy Thanks, can you specify a more appropriate license? Cheers.
                                MIT or Zlib or Public Domain and there are more. Probably the MIT or the Zlib are one of what you need.

http://opensource.org/licenses/MIT
                                http://opensource.org/licenses/Zlib
                                Hevedy - Instance Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/hevedyinstances
                                Hevedy - Image Tools: https://hevedy.itch.io/imagetools

Comment

Working...
                                X