Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Originally posted by MC1RScorpion View Post

Hey, I was wondering if you have a follow up on this attempt to share, thejturner ?

If anyone else has any advice for running Advanced Sessions on a Mac, I'd like to hear it.

Cheers.
    I didn't have any luck building it for the Mac. Since then I've just been using the default session system and connecting clients directly over IP.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Boowman View Post
    @mordentral Regardless of that, I just wanted to know if it was ever intended to be used via C++ as well.
    No, its pointless to use it in c++, you are trying to call an async Blueprint node in c++, you should be using native c++ async workflows and directly calling API functions. The plugin exposes things to blueprints that were c++ only before, turning around and trying to use the blueprint implementations of things that are already in c++ is backwards.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @mordentral Hey, I just wanted to know if this is possible or not as I am struggling to get it working. I am trying to make a wrapper for some of the methods in C++ but when I try to use
    Code:
    CreateAdvancedSession
    in my Class it is telling me that it can't find the implementation. I did open
    Code:
    UCreateSessionCallbackProxyAdvanced
    and it does look like
    Code:
    CreateAdvancedSession
    is private but IntelliSense is telling me otherwise. Regardless of that, I just wanted to know if it was ever intended to be used via C++ as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @mordentral Ohh ok I though the ping was a bug because I saw that somewhere, thanks for explaining that. About second thing by "own" the game you mean installing Spacewar normally first right? When I start my game it's showing as Spacewar on steam and I thought that was enough for the servers to work. I hosted the server on another PC with different steam account so I could send myself an invite but sill had no luck connecting to it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sarethh View Post
    Hey, could someone tell me if it's even possible to connect to server which is on Spacewar and not on my own steam app? I tried for some time now but i can't find my server with find session and joining through steam friends list on my other pc doesn't work either. When I tried LAN it showed me my server but it had 9999 ping which I know is a bug in this plugin but is it possible to join it? I can't join any way when connected to steam. Would appreciate if someone could help me figure this out.
    Yes it is entirely possible, also the ping isn't a bug "with this plugin", ping isn't provided for steam lobbies, if you implement the in engine steam authentication setup they added in 4.23 or 4.24 they obtain the ping during the authentication process.

Joining through friends won't work if the account doesn't "own" the game, and you won't be able to find your server on the same PC.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hey, could someone tell me if it's even possible to connect to server which is on Spacewar and not on my own steam app? I tried for some time now but i can't find my server with find session and joining through steam friends list on my other pc doesn't work either. When I tried LAN it showed me my server but it had 9999 ping which I know is a bug in this plugin but is it possible to join it? I can't join any way when connected to steam. Would appreciate if someone could help me figure this out.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    mordentral thanx for answering my questions and trying to help me about inside discord. First of all i am impressed about having conversation with u . Also my problem has been fixed by verifying engine files idk what was wrong but it works now. Ty alot again.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mordentral View Post

You have voice enabled in config settings? IE:

Code:
    [Voice]
    bEnabled=true

[OnlineSubsystem]
    bHasVoiceEnabled=true
    DefaultPlatformService=Steam
    Yes exactly but do i need to use steam for voice chat ?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GeoBoyka View Post
    Also have been tried 4.25 aswell on epic game launcher version , its exactly same tho
    You have voice enabled in config settings? IE:

Code:
    [Voice]
    bEnabled=true

[OnlineSubsystem]
    bHasVoiceEnabled=true
    DefaultPlatformService=Steam

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also have been tried 4.25 aswell on epic game launcher version , its exactly same tho

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by mordentral View Post

You don't need to touch the registration functions unless you want to unregister someone at some point. Players are automatically registered for voice in engine.

And if start networked voice can't get the voice interface then you likely aren't on a compatible platform for the default VOIP or have overriden it.
    Using 4.25 source build idk what causing it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by GeoBoyka View Post
    How exactly i fix this issue " Start Networked Voice couldn't get the voice interface "
    I do setup game instance and etc . Registered local or remote users aswell . But when i trigger start networked voice via blueprint i get this warning message and seems voice not working .
    You don't need to touch the registration functions unless you want to unregister someone at some point. Players are automatically registered for voice in engine.

And if start networked voice can't get the voice interface then you likely aren't on a compatible platform for the default VOIP or have overriden it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    How exactly i fix this issue " Start Networked Voice couldn't get the voice interface "
    I do setup game instance and etc . Registered local or remote users aswell . But when i trigger start networked voice via blueprint i get this warning message and seems voice not working .

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Does this plugin do anything to expose the management of cloud saves?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    heh, nvm .. when I compiled with VS itself it suddenly worked it seems.. will build my solution and test

Leave a comment:

Working...
X