No announcement yet.

Advanced Sessions Plugin

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We cant seem to get any of our server information to show up on our server buttons, and we can get the Update session to work it seems to kill the session.

our Game instance with Host Join and Update server
    Click image for larger version

Name:	GameInstance.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	1084112

and our server button that pulls the information stored in the server session
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ServerButton.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	340.5 KB
ID:	1084113

Also we don't know why but when ever a client leaves a session and they search for a new game to search goes on forever, and if we use destroy session and on success have them goto the main menu the success seams to never happen and they don't change to the main menu. I'm not sure what to do about that or if it has anything to do with the adv sessions. Also if the server closes the session the same thing happens for all that clients, where they cant find any new games and/or the search just runs forever. We are calling the destroy session from our UMG i dont know if that might be a bad place to call them. As the server if you call destroy session and change level on success it works, takes a bit and send the server back to the main menu, but the clients still have the issue that there server search goes on endlessly.

Also in game every once and a while some clients will get dropped. I have no clue if that is something that we did or if its just a bad connection, but I figure I would ask. here is the net error I found in the log:

[2015.08.20-03.28.43:758][223]LogNet: UChannel::ReceivedSequencedBunch: Bunch.bClose == true. ChIndex == 0. Calling ConditionalCleanUp.
    [2015.08.20-03.28.43:758][223]LogNet: UChannel::CleanUp: [GameNetDriver] [Tiki_InGame_Controller_C_12] [Tiki_InGame_Controller_C_12]. ChIndex == 0. Closing connection.
    [2015.08.20-03.28.43:758][223]LogNet: UNetConnection::Close: Name: SteamNetConnection_4, Driver: GameNetDriver SteamNetDriver_1, PC: Tiki_InGame_Controller_C_12, Owner: Tiki_InGame_Controller_C_12, Channels: 290, RemoteAddr: 76561198076780155:7777, Time: 2015.08.20-03.28.43
    [2015.08.20-03.28.43:758][223]LogNet: UChannel::Close: Sending CloseBunch. ChIndex == 0. Name: ControlChannel_4
    [2015.08.20-03.28.43:758][223]LogNet:Warning: Network Failure: GameNetDriver[ConnectionLost]: Your connection to the host has been lost.
    [2015.08.20-03.28.43:758][223]LogNet: NetworkFailure: ConnectionLost, Error: 'Your connection to the host has been lost.'
    [2015.08.20-03.28.43:759][223]LogNet:Warning: FObjectReplicator::UpdateUnmappedObjects: Connection->State == USOCK_Closed
    [2015.08.20-03.28.43:759][223]LogNet:Warning: FObjectReplicator::UpdateUnmappedObjects: Connection->State == USOCK_Closed
    [2015.08.20-03.28.43:795][224]LogNet: Browse: /Game/Maps/Tiki_StartMenuLevel?closed
    [2015.08.20-03.28.43:795][224]LogNet: Failed; returning to Entry
    [2015.08.20-03.28.43:799][224]LogLoad: LoadMap: /Game/Maps/Tiki_StartMenuLevel?closed
    [2015.08.20-03.28.43:799][224]LogNet: World NetDriver shutdown SteamNetDriver_1 [GameNetDriver]
    [2015.08.20-03.28.43:799][224]LogNet: DestroyNamedNetDriver SteamNetDriver_1 [GameNetDriver]
    [2015.08.20-03.28.43:800][224]LogExit: GameNetDriver SteamNetDriver_1 shut down

Any help would be great and thank you!
    My portfolio: www.HughMcCullom.com
    My Company: www.AbyssStudios.com
    Current WIP: Tiki Galore!

Comment

Only the host should be calling destroy session, clients should simply be "open level" to the main menu to disconnect. Server searches will also fail if you are currently in/hosting a session. I would assume that if the server is trying to shutdown that it should send a notice to the clients first so that they can leave prior to it by going back to the menu.

Also if you are using the test steam app id of 480 when you are searching you will see a lot of junk lobbies in the log. It is because other devs are hosting lobbies, these results won't show on your session results array as the servers "build" is different but it will still pass "OnSuccess", I'm not sure if this is the correct behavior since people share 480 but for someone with their own steam ID it won't matter anyway.

The winsock error is not because of my plugin btw I can't help with it.

I am double checking the server info functions but last test they were fine.

*Edit* yeah tested across two computers on steam and they were able to host and get session properties fine. However you are right the update session node is killing the session on steam right now, i'll look into it.
      Last edited by mordentral; 08-20-2015, 07:39 PM.

Consider supporting me on patreon

My Open source tools and plugins
      Advanced Sessions Plugin
      VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

I hope that in 4.9 is changed something about plugins and blueprint only projects,I see a lot of people having the same issue with other plugins ( I can,t package my project ).

By the way I made C++ project and I still can't package my project.
        Last edited by Blue man; 08-20-2015, 10:13 PM.
        Assets: Military Ammunition (Released)
        Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)
        Projects: Giants Of Destruction

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
          I hope that in 4.9 is changed something about plugins and blueprint only projects,I see a lot of people having the same issue with other plugins ( I can,t package my project ).

By the way I made C++ project and I still can't package my project.
          Yeah man I wish I could help you but besides forgetting the folder that one upload I haven't ever had a problem packaging projects.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
          VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Originally posted by mordentral View Post
            Well they do have a VoiceInterface that works with subsystems, i'll look into it, however Spatialization doesn't appear to be possible with simply exposing it to blueprints from what i've read.

A blueprint system for it would more be like muting players and controlling push to talk and things like that and notifying when someone starts talking. Anything more would require re-writes of what Epic has already done.

*Edit*
            Yeah the voice interface is simple stuff (no Spatialization though), already adding it in. You can expect an update in the next few days with more features. Also taking a look at the cloud and party interfaces and a few others to see if anything in them would make good use of blueprint access.

Wish I had named it something else, Advanced Sessions doesn't really cover everything it is going to handle.
            That is super fantastic, thank you very much.

Comment

@mordentral

Can you please take a look at saving player data to Steam cloud,it is not possible with blueprints (I think)
              Plugins: BlueManBPFunctionLibrary C++ plugin (Free), Blue Man Vehicle AI Plugin (Released), Air Resistance C++ Plugin (WIP), Blue Man Vehicle Physics Plugin (Marketplace)

Comment

I got it working with 4.9,I am now able to package my project

Comment

Nice, have a dozen or so changes / additions currently for the plugin. When I finish the voice part i'll probably upload. Might be a couple of days yet until I get around to it though.

(Added a way to cancel searching for servers btw, it is pretty useful.)

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                  VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

08/27/2015 - Updated the 4.8 and 4.9 Plugins

Sessions Interface Changes:
                    • Find Sessions Node: Changed to initially filter on Subsystem side, please let me know if it is working for your implementation, can be further filtered with the filter sessions node.
                    • Update Session Node: Added a bool for dedicated servers (Can not find anything wrong with my implementation that would be causing sessions to drop, may be an engine issue for 4.8)
                    • End Session Node: Added, needs further testing, should be CLIENT side version of Destroy Session.
                    • Cancel Find Session Node: Added, cancels searching for sessions
                    • Modify or Add Setting Node: Added, pass in new/modified settings and a settings array and will either replace or add the settings and output a new modified array of settings

Voice Interface - Added:

Added Many Voice Interface blueprint nodes, due to hardware limitations for the past few days I have not fully tested everything in this, it follows the interfaces exactly though and should work, please let me know if any issues are found.

The Advanced Friends Game Instance now also has a Delegate called when a player in the session's talking state is changed. There are two new booleans for the Game Instance to control whether it registers and fires off the new delegate.

The Advanced Friends Interface now also includes a callback delegate that can be called from the Advanced Friends Game Instance when a players talking state is changed.

Setup Info
                    1. Extract the file inside the zip to ProjectFolder/Plugins/AdvancedSessions (create /Plugins/AdvancedSessions if you have to).
                    2. Copy the example blueprint file into your content folder if you want to look at the examples.
                    3. To get the ability to join a session when it has been accepted through the online subsystem you will need to derive your GameInstance from AdvancedFriendsGameInstance so that it will bind the Delegate, you can also use the added event in the graph. This game instance also enables accessing the "PlayerTalkingStateChanged Delegate".
                    4. If you want the AcceptedSessionInvite event to be called in the owning player controller you also need to add the AdvancedFriendsInterface to the blueprint for your player controller.
                    5. To use Push To Talk, bind a key to "Stop Networked voice / Start networked voice" for a local player.
                    6. To enable voice in your build copy the following settings (From Epic Answerhub).

DefaultEngine.ini

[Voice]
                      bEnabled=true

[OnlineSubsystem]
                      bHasVoiceEnabled=true
                      In DefaultGame.ini

[/Script/Engine.GameSession]
                      bRequiresPushToTalk=false/true

New Voice Interface Related Blueprint Functions - They all have info text on hover in editor to explain them briefly

*Note* The engine by default registers players for talking on game join currently, I have included the functions in case someone needs to do more advanced features.
                    Last edited by mordentral; 08-27-2015, 02:38 PM.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                    VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

08/27/2015 - Updated the 4.8 and 4.9 Plugins

Sessions Interface Changes:
                      • Find Sessions Node: Changed to initially filter on Subsystem side, please let me know if it is working for your implementation, can be further filtered with the filter sessions node.
                      • Update Session Node: Added a bool for dedicated servers (Can not find anything wrong with my implementation that would be causing sessions to drop, may be an engine issue for 4.8)
                      • End Session Node: Added, needs further testing, should be CLIENT side version of Destroy Session.
                      • Cancel Find Session Node: Added, cancels searching for sessions
                      • Modify or Add Setting Node: Added, pass in new/modified settings and a settings array and will either replace or add the settings and output a new modified array of settings

Voice Interface - Added:

Added Many Voice Interface blueprint nodes, due to hardware limitations for the past few days I have not fully tested everything in this, it follows the interfaces exactly though and should work, please let me know if any issues are found.

The Advanced Friends Game Instance now also has a Delegate called when a player in the session's talking state is changed. There are two new booleans for the Game Instance to control whether it registers and fires off the new delegate.

The Advanced Friends Interface now also includes a callback delegate that can be called from the Advanced Friends Game Instance when a players talking state is changed.

Setup Info
                      1. Extract the file inside the zip to ProjectFolder/Plugins/AdvancedSessions (create /Plugins/AdvancedSessions if you have to).
                      2. Copy the example blueprint file into your content folder if you want to look at the examples.
                      3. To get the ability to join a session when it has been accepted through the online subsystem you will need to derive your GameInstance from AdvancedFriendsGameInstance so that it will bind the Delegate, you can also use the added event in the graph. This game instance also enables accessing the "PlayerTalkingStateChanged Delegate".
                      4. If you want the AcceptedSessionInvite event to be called in the owning player controller you also need to add the AdvancedFriendsInterface to the blueprint for your player controller.
                      5. To use Push To Talk, bind a key to "Stop Networked voice / Start networked voice" for a local player.
                      6. To enable voice in your build copy the following settings (From Epic Answerhub).

New Voice Interface Related Blueprint Functions - They all have info text on hover in editor to explain them briefly

*Note* The engine by default registers players for talking on game join currently, I have included the functions in case someone needs to do more advanced features.
                      This is fantastic, downloading now and will report back later. Thanks!!!

Comment

amazing update! Will test it out when 4.9 gets released

Comment

Can you update this plugin for 4.9?

Comment

Originally posted by Blue man View Post
                            Can you update this plugin for 4.9?
                            Doing it right now, these releases always come out when I am at the office and it takes awhile to download.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                            VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Doing it right now, these releases always come out when I am at the office and it takes awhile to download.
                              Thanks

Comment

Ok, version compiled under the full release of 4.9 is uploaded.

Also I've been looking into cloud support through blueprints but haven't decided how I would handle the file interface. It would be best to support any current file I/O nodes to prevent implementation overlap but i'm not sure if it is possible to do cleanly. When I get some more time to sit down and go over it i'll decide on the direction I want to take it in and then flesh it out.

Advanced Sessions Plugin
                                VR Expansion Plugin

Comment

Working...
                                X